Bush, Fox Discuss Mexico Border Security

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Too bad I feel this is ONLY talk - I sure hope action is taken asap by both countries:

The Associated Press
Monday, February 20, 2006; 12:13 PM

MILWAUKEE -- President Bush and President Vicente Fox of Mexico exchanged ideas Monday on how to stop violence and improve security along the two countries' mutual border, the White House said.

Press secretary Scott McClellan said that Bush telephoned Fox while traveling here to give a speech and said the pair "talked about working together" to improve conditions that have been a source of friction between the two countries.

McClellan told reporters that Bush has designated Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff to talk to his counterpart in Mexico about the problem and said that Bush and Fox also talked about pending immigration legislation in Congress.

Late last year, Washington dispatched federal agents to Texas to combat violent crime along the Mexican border.

In August, U.S. and Mexican officials had traded accusations over who is to blame for problems in border security.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/20/AR2006022000556.html

-Cp said:
Too bad I feel this is ONLY talk - I sure hope action is taken asap by both countries:

The Associated Press

MILWAUKEE -- President Bush and President Vicente Fox of Mexico exchanged ideas Monday on how to stop violence and improve security along the two countries' mutual border, the White House said.

Press secretary Scott McClellan said that Bush telephoned Fox while traveling here to give a speech and said the pair "talked about working together" to improve conditions that have been a source of friction between the two countries.

McClellan told reporters that Bush has designated Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff to talk to his counterpart in Mexico about the problem and said that Bush and Fox also talked about pending immigration legislation in Congress.

Late last year, Washington dispatched federal agents to Texas to combat violent crime along the Mexican border.

In August, U.S. and Mexican officials had traded accusations over who is to blame for problems in border security.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/20/AR2006022000556.html

I've said it before, I think we, meaning the US, should up the number of legal entries from Mexico/South/Central America to what we can handle economy wise. Then we should make our borders a 'shoot on site.'

-Cp said:

The Associated Press

This is all such crap. "Exchange ideas". Fox is of full shit and a liar. And like the problem is COMPLICATED! JUST STOP THE ILLEGAL FLOW! Do what you have to do. Git 'er done. Stop B.S. about it.

Maaaaaaaaaannnn..... :blowup:

Kathianne said:
I've said it before, I think we, meaning the US, should up the number of legal entries from Mexico/South/Central America to what we can handle economy wise. Then we should make our borders a 'shoot on site.'

Why "up the number" ? The are reproducing like flies !!! We have a stock of cabbage pickers, nannies and ditch diggers to last forever.

dilloduck said:
Why "up the number" ? The are reproducing like flies !!! We have a stock of cabbage pickers, nannies and ditch diggers to last forever.

I think the operative word in the Kathy's post is "legal". Because if we rounded up and deport all the "illegals" like we should, we wouldn't have all that many here.

Stop the illegal flow. Bring in more legals. We can obviously handle more legals if we're surviving with the number of illegals we have now. If we gradually reduce the number of illegals overtime and replacing them with taxpaying legals to do similar jobs, then it will benefit this country much more. We will be receiving taxes from some of these individuals rather than receiving zero now.

insein said:
Stop the illegal flow. Bring in more legals. We can obviously handle more legals if we're surviving with the number of illegals we have now. If we gradually reduce the number of illegals overtime and replacing them with taxpaying legals to do similar jobs, then it will benefit this country much more. We will be receiving taxes from some of these individuals rather than receiving zero now.

Then do we just ignore the illegals that are aleady here?

dilloduck said:
Then do we just ignore the illegals that are aleady here?

you know what, at this point i'd chalk it up as you got lucky. If we catch you you're going back but i wouldnt waste the money because its obviously not working with whoever is spending it right now. Im sure that money is lining somepoliticians pocket and not going to stopping the flood. Focus on the border itself and if you happen to catch an illegal in country along the way, then so be it.

Thats different for terrorists suspects. They should have radars going off in other sectors when someone like that surfaces. I know it all sounds simple but its a place to start.

insein said:
you know what, at this point i'd chalk it up as you got lucky. If we catch you you're going back but i wouldnt waste the money because its obviously not working with whoever is spending it right now. Im sure that money is lining somepoliticians pocket and not going to stopping the flood. Focus on the border itself and if you happen to catch an illegal in country along the way, then so be it.

Thats different for terrorists suspects. They should have radars going off in other sectors when someone like that surfaces. I know it all sounds simple but its a place to start.

I'm just finding that the question "How many Mexicans do we need" is starting to sound like a lightbulb joke. Why don't we lock the doors and see how we do with what we all ready have including those that are reproducing at a rapid rate?

insein said:

securing our borders. I really don't know what Bush is thinking on this. I hope it's not some tejas viewpoint of "well they do all the fruit picking down here so we gotten let 'em in". Or maybe Bush sees it as a cheap labor force the country needs. Either way he's wrong as hell. People would not believe the number of illegals in my home state and other states that are not border states. The estimate is 12-14 million. I'd say that's lowballin' it. 15-18 million more likely. Since when has the been allright in the US to have 12-18% of Mexico's population illegally living in the United States?

I'm on the edge of my chair ........ :smoke:

ThomasPaine said:
securing our borders. I really don't know what Bush is thinking on this. I hope it's not some tejas viewpoint of "well they do all the fruit picking down here so we gotten let 'em in". Or maybe Bush sees it as a cheap labor force the country needs. Either way he's wrong as hell. People would not believe the number of illegals in my home state and other states that are not border states. The estimate is 12-14 million. I'd say that's lowballin' it. 15-18 million more likely. Since when has the been allright in the US to have 12-18% of Mexico's population illegally living in the United States?

The problem is that you have to stop the leak first. IF your a plumber, cleaning up the flood water in a basement is pointless if the water is still leaking out. Stop the flow of illegals at the border. Then worry about those here.

This country was founded on immigration. Ive never had a problem with people coming here and working hard to achieve the American Dream. I just dont like people coming here, not paying taxes, reaping the benefits of government handouts and then sending the money they make back to another country. If they are coming here, identify them, make them citizens and get them back to work.

Truthfully the easiest solution (albeit not in Vicente's eyes) is for us to just annex Mexico as the 51st state. Cuts out the middleman for the border runners. Gives us a closer reach at Venezuela. Makes our southern land border much smaller. Gives us an avenue to end the corruption down there and make the Mexicans, American Citizens.

Forum List

Back