Bush, Fox Discuss Mexico Border Security

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by -Cp, Feb 20, 2006.

1. -Cp

-Cp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +363
    Too bad I feel this is ONLY talk - I sure hope action is taken asap by both countries:

Bush, Fox Discuss Mexico Border Security
    The Associated Press
    Monday, February 20, 2006; 12:13 PM

MILWAUKEE -- President Bush and President Vicente Fox of Mexico exchanged ideas Monday on how to stop violence and improve security along the two countries' mutual border, the White House said.

Press secretary Scott McClellan said that Bush telephoned Fox while traveling here to give a speech and said the pair "talked about working together" to improve conditions that have been a source of friction between the two countries.

McClellan told reporters that Bush has designated Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff to talk to his counterpart in Mexico about the problem and said that Bush and Fox also talked about pending immigration legislation in Congress.

Late last year, Washington dispatched federal agents to Texas to combat violent crime along the Mexican border.

In August, U.S. and Mexican officials had traded accusations over who is to blame for problems in border security.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/20/AR2006022000556.html

2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

I've said it before, I think we, meaning the US, should up the number of legal entries from Mexico/South/Central America to what we can handle economy wise. Then we should make our borders a 'shoot on site.'

3. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,210
    This is all such crap. "Exchange ideas". Fox is of full shit and a liar. And like the problem is COMPLICATED! JUST STOP THE ILLEGAL FLOW! Do what you have to do. Git 'er done. Stop B.S. about it.

Maaaaaaaaaannnn..... :blowup:

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Why "up the number" ? The are reproducing like flies !!! We have a stock of cabbage pickers, nannies and ditch diggers to last forever.

5. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,210
    I think the operative word in the Kathy's post is "legal". Because if we rounded up and deport all the "illegals" like we should, we wouldn't have all that many here.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Stop the illegal flow. Bring in more legals. We can obviously handle more legals if we're surviving with the number of illegals we have now. If we gradually reduce the number of illegals overtime and replacing them with taxpaying legals to do similar jobs, then it will benefit this country much more. We will be receiving taxes from some of these individuals rather than receiving zero now.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Then do we just ignore the illegals that are aleady here?

8. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    you know what, at this point i'd chalk it up as you got lucky. If we catch you you're going back but i wouldnt waste the money because its obviously not working with whoever is spending it right now. Im sure that money is lining somepoliticians pocket and not going to stopping the flood. Focus on the border itself and if you happen to catch an illegal in country along the way, then so be it.

Thats different for terrorists suspects. They should have radars going off in other sectors when someone like that surfaces. I know it all sounds simple but its a place to start.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    I'm just finding that the question "How many Mexicans do we need" is starting to sound like a lightbulb joke. Why don't we lock the doors and see how we do with what we all ready have including those that are reproducing at a rapid rate?

10. ThomasPaine

ThomasPaine Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66

securing our borders. I really don't know what Bush is thinking on this. I hope it's not some tejas viewpoint of "well they do all the fruit picking down here so we gotten let 'em in". Or maybe Bush sees it as a cheap labor force the country needs. Either way he's wrong as hell. People would not believe the number of illegals in my home state and other states that are not border states. The estimate is 12-14 million. I'd say that's lowballin' it. 15-18 million more likely. Since when has the been allright in the US to have 12-18% of Mexico's population illegally living in the United States?