Bush family no stranger to Middle East

Originally posted by eric
Sorry you feel that way, it really is sad !

"Even if it was, personally I see nothing wrong with it ! It would give our economy a hell of a boost !"

You are really sad.

-Bam

I guess you do not have the capacity to see that I was messing with Jones. Hey don't ever come to me for a job !

You wouldnt know it was me!~ If I did come to your company, I would KILL your corruption with my "simple" logic :D

Originally posted by jones
heres the dictionary

fascist

adj : relating to or characteristic of fascism; "fascist propaganda" [syn: fascistic] n : an adherent of fascism or other right-wing authoritarian views

often Fascism
A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Look at that! Dont you guys ever wonder why the majority of KKK, bigots, neo-nazis vote republican? :clap1:

Well, jones, let's look a little closer at some of the key terms of this definition, and how the US government and the GOP, often labeled as fascist, stacks up against it.

"Authoritarian" - meaning "characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty." Bush, as President, is the leader of the Executive branch and head of state - just like 42 presidents before him. We weilds no powers that previous Presidents have not had. He is bound by the limits of the Constitution just like everyone else. No Republicans would stand for a stronger President - in fact, most Republicans want a smaller natioal government.
"centralization of authority under a dictator" - see above. Our government is split into three branches, as so to avoid such a situation. Again, the GOP stands for smaller and less intrusive goernment, not larger and more powerful.
"stringent socioeconomic controls" - America's free market capitalism eliminates almost all such controls, and Republicans are the ones that support even more free trade laws and more economic freedoms in the form of lower taxes.
"suppresion of opposition through terror and censorship" - the press is not censored in America, nor would any serious candidate support its censorship. Otherwise, jones, where would you get your loony news quotes from? :D
"belligerent nationalism and racism" - Maybe you think it's "belligerent nationalism" to wave the flag, to say the Pledge, or to sing the national anthem. I happen to think that it's pride in my country - and so do millions of others. Forcing others (Canadians or Iraqis, for example) to repeat the national anthem or the Pledge might be belligerent nationalism. As far as racism, yeah, it still exists in America, but certainly not as any party's official policy.
"oppressive" - oppressive as in Saddam Hussein's regime? Not in the U.S. - and certainly not as long as the Second Amendment still guarantees my right to bear arms!!!

Sorry, Jones, but I just don't see how one could use the dictionary definition of fascism as an accurate label for either Republicans or America in general.

Forum List

Back