Bush Ethics Chief to GOP -- "Time To Move On"

jillian

Princess
Apr 4, 2006
The Other Side of Paradise
I know you poor babies are disappointed... .and i'm going to laugh at all of you who 'just want answers" if you keep whining, and someone needs to tell that idiot Issa in Cali to shut up, but:

Bush ethics chief to GOP: "Time to move on"
Earlier this week, Richard Painter, the chief White House ethics officer under George W. Bush, argued that it didn't look like there all that was much to the Joe Sestak story. Even if there had been some kind of "job" offer, Painter said, this constituted "nothing new."

Now that the White House has released its version of events, Painter is even more adamant. He just told me in an interview that it's time for Republicans to "move on."

They aren't doing this, as it happens. GOP Rep Darrell Issa is out with a statement today arguing that the White House memo clearly shows a law may have been broken.

Painter, however, dismissed the "scandal." He made two points. First, he said, now that we know the "job" was an unpaid advisory position, it's even less likely that this was intended as a quid pro quo.

"Where is the quid pro quo?" Painter asked. "Nobody who has a halfway decent chance of winning a Senate race is going to give it up to sit on an advisory board. That would be a laughable tradeoff."

The Plum Line - Bush ethics chief to GOP: "Time to move on"

Like I said, the so called smoking gun would turn out to be full of blanks. :lol:

rep issa is still pontificating...

but then again, he tantrums over pretty much everything.

you ever hear of an unpaid position being a quid pro quo?

that being said, maybe sestak needs to explain why he couldn't say that from the beginning. was he so desperate to beat spector that he wanted to set himself up as the guy who turned down a job just to run for senate?

i'm not liking that at all. i think its a sucker move.

that being said, maybe sestak needs to explain why he couldn't say that from the beginning. was he so desperate to beat spector that he wanted to set himself up as the guy who turned down a job just to run for senate?

Of course. He's trying to ride the Anti-Government movement, he knows what he's doing. Like I just posted in another thread, Reagan did exactly the same thing as Obama supposedly did but it seemed to be just shrugged off.

Of course. He's trying to ride the Anti-Government movement, he knows what he's doing. Like I just posted in another thread, Reagan did exactly the same thing as Obama supposedly did but it seemed to be just shrugged off.

that's cause the rightwingnuts can't wait to try to do to president obama what they did to president clinton.

so of course when reagan did it, they wouldn't blink.

heck, they defended the outing of a cia agent. to my mind that was treasonous.

I know you poor babies are disappointed... .and i'm going to laugh at all of you who 'just want answers" if you keep whining, and someone needs to tell that idiot Issa in Cali to shut up, but:

Earlier this week, Richard Painter, the chief White House ethics officer under George W. Bush, argued that it didn't look like there all that was much to the Joe Sestak story. Even if there had been some kind of "job" offer, Painter said, this constituted "nothing new."

Now that the White House has released its version of events, Painter is even more adamant. He just told me in an interview that it's time for Republicans to "move on."

They aren't doing this, as it happens. GOP Rep Darrell Issa is out with a statement today arguing that the White House memo clearly shows a law may have been broken.

Painter, however, dismissed the "scandal." He made two points. First, he said, now that we know the "job" was an unpaid advisory position, it's even less likely that this was intended as a quid pro quo.

"Where is the quid pro quo?" Painter asked. "Nobody who has a halfway decent chance of winning a Senate race is going to give it up to sit on an advisory board. That would be a laughable tradeoff."

Darryl Issa. :lol::lol::lol:

come on Jillian...

When have the Republicans ever just "moved on" on anything?

They kept the Whitewater investigation against Clinton going for 7 years

shades of scooter libby, alberto gonzales, and who all else?? :eusa_pray::cuckoo:

whiney little libturds.

poor nutbar willow. :cuckoo:

there's some drool running off your chin, dear... here's a handkerchief...

i picked one with a pwetty widdle flower just for widdle you.

nature-colour-silk%20hankerchief.jpg

Like I said, the so called smoking gun would turn out to be full of blanks. :lol:
This should be no big-surprise.

Could anyone (possibly) look more clueless than the GOP's #1 "gunfighter".....even when compared to Sarah Palin's "deer-in-the-headlights" photo-finish????

palin-boehner-021709-lg.jpg

:rolleyes:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpOUctySD68[/ame]​

Last edited:

GOP Rep Darrell Issa? Isn't he the true criminal? Darrell Issa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
::::::::: On December 28, 1979, Issa and his brother allegedly faked the theft of Issa's Mercedes Benz sedan. Issa and his brother were charged for felony auto theft, but the case was dropped by prosecutors for lack of evidence. Later, Issa and his brother were charged for misdemeanors, but that case was not pursued by prosecutors. Issa accused his brother of stealing the car, and said that the experience with his brother was the reason he went into the car alarm business ::::::::::::

poor nutbar willow. :cuckoo:

there's some drool running off your chin, dear... here's a handkerchief...

i picked one with a pwetty widdle flower just for widdle you.

nature-colour-silk%20hankerchief.jpg

you izzz a loon but you izzz still sweet.. cupcake.

alberto gonzales was by far the biggest disgrace to the office of attorney general in our history.

period

you izzzz dead wrong.. eric holder has gonzalez beat by 20 points, and it's still early.. eric holder can't tell hizzzz azzz from the proverbial hole in the ground..

• Thanks
Reactions: del
alberto gonzales was by far the biggest disgrace to the office of attorney general in our history.

period

you izzzz dead wrong.. eric holder has gonzalez beat by 20 points, and it's still early.. eric holder can't tell hizzzz azzz from the proverbial hole in the ground..

he's no bargain, but gonzales still has him beat, imo. of course, holder still has time to buff up his creds so we'll have to check back later.

How plausible does this really sound? These guys are lying their collective asses off. I would love to see Sestak asked about taking a polygraph.
One of the jobs Clinton specifically discussed with Sestak was the president's intelligence advisory board. But a White House official said the plan always was for Sestak to remain in the House, and he couldn't have served in the House and on the president's intelligence advisory board.
FOXNews.com - White House Asked Bill Clinton to Urge Sestak to Drop Out of Senate Race

and from the PIAB site:

The Board consists of not more than 16 members appointed by the President from among individuals who are not employed by the Federal Government. Members are distinguished citizens selected from the national security, political, academic, and private sectors. The Board is a nonpartisan body, independent of the Intelligence Community, free from day-to-day management or operational responsibilities, and with full access to the complete range of intelligence-related information.
About the PIAB | The White House

And we're really supposed to believe that THIS was what was offered.

Forum List

Back