Bush Envoy Wants Jailed Palestinian Leader Released

Discussion in 'Israel and Palestine' started by NATO AIR, Nov 15, 2004.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    and he should be, because he is likely to win the elections in january and is probably the only man strong enough to stand up to Hamas and their ilk, as well as to the corrupt factions of the Palestinian Authority.

2. DaTroof

DaTroof Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I'm curious about this NATO ... If elections where held in the territories today, what type of leader do you think would emerge (not withstanding assasination) ?! I submit that the Palestinians have been so utterly brainwashed, and led so very far astray by their leadership, that they have not choice but to hate Israel. It's a purpose in a purposeless land. It's the one job that's hiering. Therefore, no leader can possibly emerge that advocates any land for peace on the Palestinian side. You are correct that this guy would probably win, but that's because he is not a moderate. He has no intention of negotiating either. It makes zero difference ... only the wall does. The de facto peacemaker.

3. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    he has been on record numerous times as saying there must be a two-state solution, that israel's occupation of gaza and the west bank is his main qualm, and that peace will have to happen one day, but only after the palestinians clean up their own house and rid their government of the rampant corruption and dangerous fundamentalism rotting the palestinian community from the core.

we shall see.

4. DaTroof

DaTroof Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Arafat is on the record many times saying the exact same thing ... 2 state solution. Did you know that Mohamed actually allows his folowers to out and out lie to non-Muslems for the advancement of Islam ?! It's absolutely true. So my point is that I have heard a lot of lip service from a lot of Palestinian/Arab leaders and have yet to see anything physically change on the ground level. As long as the Palestinians are fed a steady stream of nonesense about retaking all of Israel, or the '67 lines, or Jerusalem as the capital they can dream on suckers. Want to move ahead, get over this whole right of return bullshit and the fanatical Islam blood cries and get on with it. Might want to do something about the 60% unemployment and irresponsible population growth while they are at it.

I say we just seperate the 2 states and let the Palestinians elect who they want and do as they please .. on their side of the wall. You are much much much more optimistic regarding Palestinian asperations than I am NATO, and I lived there for 13 years.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Nato, these fuckers lie.

6. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    of course, but i don't think he is. call it a feeling, this is the guy to lead the palestinians away from extremism and depotism and into democracy and peace.

7. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Oh. You know what. I thought you were still talking about arafat there. I didn't read good.

8. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282

haha, oh no arafat was leading them to extremism and depotism

9. DaTroof

DaTroof Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    LOL. Hey Nato. Would you be opposed to the wall just in case. Let the Palestinians elect this guy and let's see how he really does. See if he can actually excersize some semblence of control. I'll tell you why ... My sister and lots of family live in Jerusalem. I am not about to gamble their lives on any Muslem's promises ... mostly because I believe that this is one that he can't deliver even if he has awsome intentions .. which he doesn't. He wants the '67 borders which Israel won't give .. so end of story for this guy as the salvation. It comes down to this ... I trust a concrete wall more than I do any Muslem cum politician until I see a reason to change my view.

I know ... Israel should give back the land to the 67 borders. But you are from Japan, so there is little room to speak with regard to wholesale landgrabs. If you are from the US, what I just said still applies, and I reside in Ohio. Israel will not respect borders that even the Arab nations don't respect until it's a favorable situation for them. Did they respect the 48 borders ... NO. So why should I respect the borders that they now wish for ?

10. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    However you only represent one faction in Israel. Other Israelis are willing to give the land for peace idea a chance. Admiit it---you don't want peace-you want the Arabs to disappear just as much as they would like to see you vanish. Denial runs thru Palestine--De Nile runs thru Africa.