Bush Drunk

Originally posted by jones
Well, our framers warned us about corporations taking over. The biggest threat to our democracy.. The time is now, or 20 years ago.

Corporations are not taking over the government. I am talking about former Chief Executive Officers in private industry being good Chief Executives for the government.

Meanwhile, we have a traitor in the whitehouse(outing that CIA agent). and nothing is happening...And good ol' Clintono got impeachment hearings for, you know.

Clinton was impeached for perjury, later held in contempt, and finally disbarred. I have yet to see any charges from anyone about the CIA agent's cover being blown by anyone in the Bush White House.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Corporations are not taking over the government. I am talking about former Chief Executive Officers in private industry being good Chief Executives for the government.

Clinton was impeached for perjury, later held in contempt, and finally disbarred. I have yet to see any charges from anyone about the CIA agent's cover being blown by anyone in the Bush White House.

I disagree. Big business has big influence in our goverment.

Ya, no charges. Of course not, that would look bad for bush.
They did admit someone in the white house administration leaked the name.

"war is peace" thats logic for the chicken hawk in chief
http://www.bushflash.com/quicktime/01.mov

I disagree. Big business has big influence in our goverment

Jones, Jones, Jones, my misguided little friend, don't you know that business has always had influence over govt. since the birth of politics. Do you really believe this is going to change anytime soon?

But to say they are taking over govt. is a little far fetched.

You're sadly mistaken.
It was never meant to, and certainly not at this scale.

"The first large privately-owned corporation to rise up in the new United States during the presidential terms of Jefferson (1801-1809) and Madison (1809-1817) was a bank, and its rise caused considerable consternation. Legislators railed against it for decades, particularly when the Bank started involving itself in politics, and tried to terminate its corporate charter, an effort that finally succeeded when the bank went under in 1841."

What scale ? You have to be a little more specific. I do not think I am mistaken, I work with medical and insurance lobbyist groups all the time, and rest assured they are not pulling the strings to the degree you are implying. Do they excert an influence, of course, but running the show, no way !

Forum List

Back