Bush doing a 180º with Europe

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by spillmind, Feb 22, 2005.

1. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    unless you are suffering from serious short term memory loss, the go it alone policy (save for the coalition of the trade agreements), is pretty much up a creek without a paddle, since we are running out of money, the dollar is stil falling, and the troop levels will not be able to maintain minimun staffing levels into 2006.

bush is in europe trying to court the very people that he shunned, and that his followers condemn day in and day out. looks like the 'libs' were right about the US not being able to sustain its warring efforts alone.

and now today, he's telling europe that mention of his plans of attacking iran are simply 'ridiculous'.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/02/22/bush.iran.ap/index.html

yeah, well, hey dubya, we've heard that song and dance before:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2002/5/23/140128.shtml

is this a flip or a flop? i need to keep in mind that bush never lies, and he is always morally right on the money. the cognitive dissonance is once again getting the better of me :blowup:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Weren't these statements made prior to Nov. of '02 when the UN Security Council unanimously approved Resolution 1441, only to turn their back against those very resolutions less than a year later?

Maybe Bush was naive enough to think those that were part of the 'unanimous' would have some backbone?

3. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Isn't this what liberals wanted all along? For Bush to make reconciliations with the yellowbellied Eurolibs? Aren't these the same Eurolibs who were on the take with the U.N. and Sadaam?

Bush can't win for losing with you people, he does what you ask and he gets ridicule, he says fuck you and he gets ridicule....its the height of hypocricy(sp?), libs are never happy.

Anyway we are not invading Iran anytime soon, its statements have been blown way out of proportion by the LMM.

4. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    so your theory is that bush actually never wanted to attack iraq, but only decided to when the EU didn't see the resolutions and the claims of WMD where highly subjective and not reason enough for an all out invasion? you could be right, but i guess i can't take what bush says at face value anymore. :shrug:

i personally believe that his admin was planning the invasion since he got into office, and this was a just a big, well... LIE.

maybe it's the fact that israel is in violation of a large number of UN resolutions, and we subsidize that country with more aid than half of our states? so is it unreasonable to think that picking and choosing which ones should be acted upon is subject to scrutiny?

http://www.uscrusade.com/forum/config.pl/noframes/read/1372

either way, bush is now courting europe- a union largely shunned by his admin for the past two years, even taking it as far as renaming french fries 'freedom fries'... and if the EU does help out, i believe it would be because of the humanitarian disaster on the ground in iraq, not out of support for the US policy of invasion and occupation of iraq.

5. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    it was only a matter of time until the liberal label was thrown around. yes, they are the same yellowbellys that bush needs now because he can't afford to staff his efforts (like everyone said would happen). how does it feel to see your fearless smoke 'em out bring it on brave cowboy begging for help from the people he blew off for the past couple years?

well enough of that, let's BASH LIBERALS! (it's more fun)

6. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Well the planning since he got into office is well..... :tinfoil:

Are you saying we should invade Israel? The only government that even resembles a democracy in the region, well up until the overwhelmingly successful elections which by the way have brought the insurgents to the bargaining table(read time magazine, most recent issue).

Again you guys wanted Bush to mend fences with Europe, he does it and gets shit on. What gall you guys have!

7. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Well who the fuck is saying this? It sure isn't conservatives. Begging? You must be watching edited versions.

8. OCA

OCA Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    Yeah lets bash liberals, that is what i'm doing. You're taking images of negotiations in Europe and somehow equivocating that with begging? Stop the LSD, I beg of you.

9. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    OCA, it's the PREDICTABILITY of bush blowing them off, having unflattering words for them, affecting trade over it, and YES he did it in an arrogant manner, and you supporters were right in step with him in bashing europe, only to turn around and ask them for help. this my friend, is not my hypocrisy, it is your own. i'm sorry you cannot see it this way.

i never liked bush's response to europe's call to exhaust diplomacy (which was not done), and to explore other options, and it was particularly unimpressed to the slanderous comments from bush supporters for this stance. and now they are sorely needed after taking all this abuse. call me on it if i'm off here, and let me know where.

i'm not saying to invade israel, i'm saying that picking and choosing resolutions to obide by and act upon is a double standard to anyone willing to entertain an outside perspective.

iraq can have elections every day if they want, it still won't change the day to day lives of the people there. 99% of kurds want a seperate kurdistan, and the sunnis will continue to blow people up. i'll agree the elections were a nice gesture, but what it traslates into remains to be seen. you or i making claims as the to real impact is mere speculation at this point.

10. spillmind

spillmind Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i've never taken LSD, but assume away if it makes you feel it supports your claims.