Bush Doesn't Understand Questions

therestillis said:
I'm an armed and ready to fight hockey mom who is raising 3 kids. My husband and I work very hard at our jobs to provide for our family. We have watched our 401ks go to nothing. We have watched our taxes be raised and gas prices go up and no raises being provided by our companies. We are in fear losing our jobs, our medical benefits, and our savings because the companies are moving to Asia. I wonder how I will help my kids go to college as my parents helped me. I fear for my parents future because of sky rocketing healthcare they cannot afford. It costs them over $600 a month for healthcare which includes medicare and a supplemental. If my dad goes to emergency because of his heart and pacemaker, it costs them $200 and $300 for the ambulance. That may not seem like a lot to you, but to my parents who have worked all their lives, my dad is a veteran, and they raised 5 kids, saved what they could without buying very much, and watched their pensions sold off to the next merger, their 401k go bust because of companies like Enron, it makes them have to chose of whether or not they can afford their car maintenance or new glasses.

You see our social lives are based on fundraisers where I live. We are raising funds for the fire department, for the church roof, for the school sports, music, and art programs. We are constantly going to fundraisers for programs that I believe could use help from our tax dollars rather than funding hormone testing for cows and programs like that. I make a point of buying milk without hormones!

Yet Bush can find billions for the Jewish war in Iraq and support of Israel.

Or trillions.

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=831

therestillis said:
U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein
had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable
of delivering chemical agents.”

State of the Union Address – 1/28/2003

That is NOT 30,000 chemical agents. That's 30,000 means of DELIVERING. I'd bet we've found 30K, or a large number anyway, of Rockets, missiles, bombs, etc., which could be used to deliver the agents.

therestillis said:
Any chemical weapons were taken by the UN inspectors before the War on Iraq. We found none!!!

Not true. (shrug). Do a modicum of research before posting your 'absolutes'.

We found 'some' chemical weapons and methods/desires to create more.

Again - it was not on the International Community to prove he did NOT have chem weapons/weapons program - it was on SADDAM to prove it. He failed.

Why is that so hard for some people to understand?

Sorry, Therestillis, but your brief little bio doesn't ring true. It tries a little TOO hard to hit all the liberal talking points;it's a bit TOO pat and perfect. If you're a hockey mom (the term is actually SOCCER MOM), I'm King Neptune.You lost me when you started talking about the church roof. You don't go to any church, unless it's the Church of the Blessed U.N.. You hate America and everything she stands for. Moreover, you consider it perfectly O.K. to fabricate an entire persona in order to further your agenda, since your grasp of morality is so inherently SUPERIOR to ours.

To quote the castle guard in the opening scene of "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail":

"Pull the other one!"

I hate this sometimes. i had a perfectly good post and the stupid thing messed it up ill have to rewrite it later:-?

I do not know much about this particular piece of propaganda. But I do think that if asked this question Kerry would respond with about a dozen different answers so no one would know what his real position is. At least that has been his MO during the campaign. Does anyone know what Kerry's real positions are on any of the issues?

Freedom Lover said:
I do not know much about this particular piece of propaganda. But I do think that if asked this question Kerry would respond with about a dozen different answers so no one would know what his real position is. At least that has been his MO during the campaign. Does anyone know what Kerry's real positions are on any of the issues?

Sure. It is identical to Bill Clinton's:

Which answer gets me ELECTED?

AWESOME! I thought after Wade got banned we wouldn't have nearly as much fun tearing apart someone else's tinfoil hat theories, and now this guy comes along! Yipee!!! :dance:

musicman said:
Sorry, Therestillis, but your brief little bio doesn't ring true. It tries a little TOO hard to hit all the liberal talking points;it's a bit TOO pat and perfect. If you're a hockey mom (the term is actually SOCCER MOM), I'm King Neptune.You lost me when you started talking about the church roof. You don't go to any church, unless it's the Church of the Blessed U.N.. You hate America and everything she stands for. Moreover, you consider it perfectly O.K. to fabricate an entire persona in order to further your agenda, since your grasp of morality is so inherently SUPERIOR to ours.

To quote the castle guard in the opening scene of "Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail":

"Pull the other one!"

There term is Hockey Mom when your kid plays hockey. I guess you haven't seen my car around traveling to the games - "This car has no Cash, Hockey, my kid plays Hockey." Oh or my friends bumper sticker, next to the John Kerry for President - "Give Blood, Play Hockey." I guess you are really out of touch with the kids sports. He plays soccer too as well as one of my daughters.

TOO Pat and Perfect? Sweetie, grow up - trust in the world a bit. Your much too cynical. I've got some advice for you - come to my church, help us with ideas of how to raise the money for the new roof without borrowing it. It is a unitarian church so denomination doesn't matter. We take all kinds. We are always needing new ideas and bodies for the fundraising. In return we can work on your cynical nature and your accountability issues.

How could I possibly hate American when we have the likes of things like this message board and people of all opinions able to write in their two cents.

Even you, who could call me names, claim that I am untrue, and try to diminish my spirit, would be welcome in America. Oh except if you changed your name to something Muslim, which frankley I don't think half of America would realize the difference.

Ain't buying it, Therestillis. If you're for real, George Soros would have found you by now and done a documentary on you. Why don't you contact the Kerry campaign, toward that end? I'm sure Dan Rather could set it up for you.

First of all, if the Federal Government gave the Unitarian Church money to repair the roof, they would have to pay for every other denomination's church roof as well.

The idea that the government should solve all your problems is ridiculous. If you think taxes are bad now, wait until you get your universal health coverage, fully federally funded college education, fully funded school sports programs, etc.

I suppose you think that Republican families dont work hard, have kids in school programs or even go to church. I have news for you. I get angry as well; angry that some out there have the gumption to demand that I (as in ME) pay for their parents glasses, their kids education, and even their church roof. Quite frankly, I'll take care of my own thanks.

CSM said:
First of all, if the Federal Government gave the Unitarian Church money to repair the roof, they would have to pay for every other denomination's church roof as well.

I never or would ask the government to pay for my church's roof. That is your assumption. We would have to ask the Unitiarian's for the money or a loan and we prefer to take care of it ourselves. See your assumptions are really not a reality.

The idea that the government should solve all your problems is ridiculous. If you think taxes are bad now, wait until you get your universal health coverage, fully federally funded college education, fully funded school sports programs, etc.

I have no idea why you would believe that I would want the goernment to solve my problems or to provide full health care, full college tuition, school sports, etc. We provide our own!!! Well wait - the school sports programs - I really don't believe those programs should be NOT eliminated from the schools. I believe they offer alot to kids as wells as music and art programs. "No Child Left Behind" and that should include those who are not the brightest but stay in school because of these programs.

I suppose you think that Republican families dont work hard, have kids in school programs or even go to church. I have news for you. I get angry as well; angry that some out there have the gumption to demand that I (as in ME) pay for their parents glasses, their kids education, and even their church roof. Quite frankly, I'll take care of my own thanks.

There you go again, making assumptions out of what I said as attacks on you. I didn't ask for you to pay for parents glasses - I made a point about their choice of buying glasses or a trip to the emergency room because of outragous healthcare costs!!! Are you saying that Healthcare costs are not outrageous? Also the point that my parents have worked very hard to save their money - yet idioits in large corporations took those pensions and invested them in the stock market that left the pensions flat!!!

Do you realize how many senior americans live off the interest of their savings? Social Security isn't the answer and you know that!!!

This is a great place for you to take care of your own anger issues - you can get them out and cleared up.

therestillis said:
Don't call me a liar or that I made up something!

That is really what you want to believe anyway isn't it?

Liar? dont think anyones called you a liar. ignorant maybe. People are just asking for you to post your sources. it shouldnt be too difficult, should it?

I dont know why you would think any of us want to believe your a liar or made something up. We just expect you to back up what you say if you intend to have a civil discussion but this rant has me questioning if you want civil discussion.

You want to believe that some middle-aged hockey mom who is on leave from having surgery sits behind her computer making up lies about what she saw in a documentry on TV yesterday. You want to believe that the film maker is some radical that is going to infringe on your relgious rights or freedoms.

What the heck are you talking about?

All I have to say is go live in the fantasy that Bush cooked up for you. It is easy for you to believe in it.

What fantasy? its quite the opposite. Many people have been waking up from the illusion that was the 90s. When the World Trade center towers fell, much of the nation awoke from slumber to realize what we need to do in this world we live in. Every generation is called upon to fight evil. Too many are a sleep and dont realize that whether we fight or not the enemy will fight.

I'm tired of my rights being taken away. (The Patrioit Act)

what rights have you lost?

I'm tired of having to raise money for a part-time music teacher in our public school.

Would you prefer an increase of taxes and the government taking your money to pay for the teacher? or would you prefer the teacher is laid off altogether?

I'm tired of the panhandling that goes on in front of Safeway because Regan put these idiots out on the street and there aren't services for these homeless.

There are plenty of places for them to go. Both government and private. What would you like for us to do?

I'm tired of hearing how we are spending so much money on useless weapons.

Well those "useless" weapons are what keep us free. It would be nice if we didnt have to use them. but there are evil men in the world. Would you prefer we didnt fight evil?

I'm tired of hearing about how we are going to save the world by attacking them. Why don't we just give the money to the Carter Center and teach human rights? Let these people figure it out for themselves, but give them the education to know how. Havel wrote a great book about the cold war and those very words and practices stopped the cold war.

We save the world by liberating them ruthless dictators and helping them have a free nation. Would you prefer we left Hitler, Mussolini, Saddam, the Taliban etc in power? There are evil people in the world. In order to have human rights, you have to have good men willing to shed their blood to free their brothers. Because bloody hands dont give up power voluntarily.

I'm tired of hearing that Rush Limbaugh outright lied on his program and millions of people believed him.

Well, if your tired of hearing that Rush Limbaugh lied then you are probably talking to people who have never listed to his show. Tell me what he has lied about.

I'm tired of alot of things politically, but I will tell you this.

I'm an armed and ready to fight hockey mom who is raising 3 kids. My husband and I work very hard at our jobs to provide for our family. We have watched our 401ks go to nothing.

Well im sorry your 401K went to nothing. That not really the Presidents fault though. He inherited a poor encomy made worse with the exposure of corporate scandals are the nation being attacked. Thankfully the economy is booming now and unemployment is lower than it was during the 90s.

We have watched our taxes be raised and gas prices go up and no raises being provided by our companies.

UM...what the heck are you talking about? Taxes were cut. Gas prices have been sinking for nearly six months.

We are in fear losing our jobs, our medical benefits, and our savings because the companies are moving to Asia.

Well, thats kinda funny since unemployment is going down. I dont know why your afraid. You only need to be worried if you are incompetant or underskilled.

I wonder how I will help my kids go to college as my parents helped me.

Well probably should have planned better but there are plenty of ways to pay for college. Your kids can work their way through. Builds character. Ive had to work my way through and borrow alot of money to put my way through school. Still do. There are plenty of ways. I dont know what that has to do with Bush. He has already nearly trippled the education funding.

I fear for my parents future because of sky rocketing healthcare they cannot afford. It costs them over $600 a month for healthcare which includes medicare and a supplemental. If my dad goes to emergency because of his heart and pacemaker, it costs them $200 and $300 for the ambulance. That may not seem like a lot to you, but to my parents who have worked all their lives, my dad is a veteran, and they raised 5 kids, saved what they could without buying very much, and watched their pensions sold off to the next merger, their 401k go bust because of companies like Enron, it makes them have to chose of whether or not they can afford their car maintenance or new glasses.

Medical bills suck but what do you want? Why should the government pay for it? its not the Presidents fault that Enron executives ran a scam during the 90s.

But here is a crazy idea. Why dont you take care of them? They are your parents. They've worked hard to raise you. Why do you expectr someone else to?

You see our social lives are based on fundraisers where I live. We are raising funds for the fire department, for the church roof, for the school sports, music, and art programs. We are constantly going to fundraisers for programs that I believe could use help from our tax dollars rather than funding hormone testing for cows and programs like that. I make a point of buying milk without hormones!

Sorry you dont like scientific advances. Personally if there was anything the government was going to spend money on im glad its for science. Education funding has grown exponentially. Despite being extremely religions i dont think government should be putting roofs on churches with tax payer money.

If you dont want to do fundraisers, then dont. No one is forcing you to. There are other people who can handle a fundraiser here and there. But dont go around proposing that people should have their money taken from them so you can do less charity work. its not charity to give away other people's money.

These things hit home and I'm willing to fight for them.

Fine but your wrong.

You don't seem to get it - I am sitting behind my computer, hoping that if my son were in Iraq as a solider, he would be helping a mother and her children get food. He would be protecting them so they can go to school that the WORLD is going to help rebuild. Better yet, I'm sitting here wishing this world wouldn't come to such extremes that I would have to send my son off as a solider. I would hope my son would want to help as a citizen of this world and knowing he had things better in his life, perhaps he can join an organization supported by our tax dollars to help families in other countries.

The soldiers are in Iraq protecting them. They are helping them go to school. The many of the Iraqis and Aghanis are going to school for the first time ever thanks to the troops. your children can join an organization paid for by tax dollars to help families in other nations. the US military and the Peace corps. It would be nice if we didnt have to wage war. but evil has to be stopped.

So there you go - I'm not a liar or full of bullcrap like you might want to believe. You believe in what you want and support who you want. But I will let you know - I will vote my consience, I will watch your so called left-wing propoganda, I will read the RNC and the DNC websites. I will continue to fight for people to have a will to believe we can all do good things for each other.

Then why on earth would you vote for Democrat eliteslike Kerry?

therestillis said:
U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein
had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable
of delivering chemical agents.”

State of the Union Address – 1/28/2003

Thank you for reminding me of this speech as it was an excellent one! Let's put it in context though, as IT WAS SADDAM'S JOB TO COME CLEAN, not ours to discover.

Almost three months ago, the United Nations Security Council gave Saddam Hussein his final chance to disarm. He has shown instead utter contempt for the United Nations, and for the opinion of the world. The 108 U.N. inspectors were sent to conduct -- were not sent to conduct a scavenger hunt for hidden materials across a country the size of California. The job of the inspectors is to verify that Iraq's regime is disarming. It is up to Iraq to show exactly where it is hiding its banned weapons, lay those weapons out for the world to see, and destroy them as directed. Nothing like this has happened.

The United Nations concluded in 1999 that Saddam Hussein had biological weapons sufficient to produce over 25,000 liters of anthrax -- enough doses to kill several million people. He hasn't accounted for that material. He's given no evidence that he has destroyed it.

The United Nations concluded that Saddam Hussein had materials sufficient to produce more than 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin -- enough to subject millions of people to death by respiratory failure. He hadn't accounted for that material. He's given no evidence that he has destroyed it.

Our intelligence officials estimate that Saddam Hussein had the materials to produce as much as 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve agent. In such quantities, these chemical agents could also kill untold thousands. He's not accounted for these materials. He has given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable of delivering chemical agents. Inspectors recently turned up 16 of them -- despite Iraq's recent declaration denying their existence. Saddam Hussein has not accounted for the remaining 29,984 of these prohibited munitions. He's given no evidence that he has destroyed them.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030128-19.html

therestillis said:
There you go again, making assumptions out of what I said as attacks on you. I didn't ask for you to pay for parents glasses - I made a point about their choice of buying glasses or a trip to the emergency room because of outragous healthcare costs!!! Are you saying that Healthcare costs are not outrageous? Also the point that my parents have worked very hard to save their money - yet idioits in large corporations took those pensions and invested them in the stock market that left the pensions flat!!!

Do you realize how many senior americans live off the interest of their savings? Social Security isn't the answer and you know that!!!

This is a great place for you to take care of your own anger issues - you can get them out and cleared up.

The implication is that the government (or somebody) should do something to alleviate healthcare costs (Medicare notwithstanding), curb the large corporations, and bolster the stock market. As for my anger issues, I do believe your rant was far more vehement than mine...talk about anger issues!

Since it is apparent that no solution I could possibly offer would satisfy you, what are your solutions?

MtnBiker said:
Weird, after reading this thread I can smell model glue and there is a metalic taste in my mouth. ??
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

CSM said:
The implication is that the government (or somebody) should do something to alleviate healthcare costs (Medicare notwithstanding), curb the large corporations, and bolster the stock market. As for my anger issues, I do believe your rant was far more vehement than mine...talk about anger issues!

Since it is apparent that no solution I could possibly offer would satisfy you, what are your solutions?

I have a question for you. How do you propose to "curb" large corporations at the same time as bolstering the stock market? Since it is entirely made up of large corporations I must be confused. Stifling their business but bolstering their stock sales? There is some dichotomy in this.

As well, tort reform has actually worked in Texas to lower healtcare costs, why must we have the Government paying our doctors to defray your cost. Everything becomes more expensive once the Government gets involved. You just don't see it because they take your money before they give you your check.

no1tovote4 said:
I have a question for you. How do you propose to "curb" large corporations at the same time as bolstering the stock market? Since it is entirely made up of large corporations I must be confused. Stifling their business but bolstering their stock sales? There is some dichotomy in this.

As well, tort reform has actually worked in Texas to lower healtcare costs, why must we have the Government paying our doctors to defray your cost. Everything becomes more expensive once the Government gets involved. You just don't see it because they take your money before they give you your check.

I am not proposing anything. I was merely pointing out what the previous poster's whining sounded like to me. I am very much opposed to government interference in just about everything that is not defense related.

Forum List

Back