Bush Doesn't Understand Questions

therestillis

Rookie
Sep 27, 2004
President Bush stated in his 2002 State of the Union address that there were 30,000 weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Colin Powell addressed the UN and told them they "think" there are weapons of mass destruction.

At a press conference recently, Bush was asked if he still believed that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and he told the reporter that he didn't understand the question.

Seems Bush can give simplistic off the cuff answers to complex issues, but he has major though disorientation when it comes to simple questions.

therestillis said:
President Bush stated in his 2002 State of the Union address that there were 30,000 weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Colin Powell addressed the UN and told them they "think" there are weapons of mass destruction.

At a press conference recently, Bush was asked if he still believed that there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and he told the reporter that he didn't understand the question.

Seems Bush can give simplistic off the cuff answers to complex issues, but he has major though disorientation when it comes to simple questions.

I think he smelled a trick question and stalled. Smart move I think!

therestillis said:

COuld you give the exact wording of the question verbatim? Many times these lib reporters are more focused on layering their premisi with jabs than making sense.

therestillis said:

Must be something in the oval office affecting the brain. First Clinton, now Bush?

I notice that liberals ignore this about Kerry (take his answers when he is asked about exactly what he voted for regarding the war for example).

rtwngAvngr said:
COuld you give the exact wording of the question verbatim? Many times these lib reporters are more focused on layering their premisi with jabs than making sense.

Lib reporters - do mean reporters that you believe as biased to one view? I thought journalism was to provide facts and allow the reader to make a decision based on those facts.

To quote the reporter from the feature film - "Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War" was "President Bush, are there weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as you stated?"

Bush's reply was - "I don't understand the question" and he immediately turned away.

The film is very interesting as it is interviews with CIA agents, Intelligence Veterans, and there are government officials interviewed. News clips of Colin Powell, Dick Cheaney, Rumsfeld, and Bush.

You might take a look at it on the Sundance Channel.

Another really good film on the Iraq war is "Truth, War, & Consequences" airs on PBS and you can watch it on your computer from the site.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/truth/

therestillis said:
Lib reporters - do mean reporters that you believe as biased to one view? I thought journalism was to provide facts and allow the reader to make a decision based on those facts.
That is the idea, but most journalists are biased libs. THat's the reality.
To quote the reporter from the feature film - "Uncovered: The Whole Truth About the Iraq War" was "President Bush, are there weapons of mass destruction in Iraq as you stated?"

Bush's reply was - "I don't understand the question" and he immediately turned away.
Oh. Ok. so it's from a piece of left wing propaganda. Now i get it.

is your screen name "There's Tillis", referring to the stuttering genius performer Mel Tillis?

therestillis said:

hmmm, just searched the 2003 SOTU and don't find this reference. How about you get the cut and paste paragraph you are referring to:

www.whitehouse.gov

Then click SOTU , then 2003.

Kathianne said:
hmmm, just searched the 2003 SOTU and don't find this reference. How about you get the cut and paste paragraph you are referring to:

www.whitehouse.gov

Then click SOTU , then 2003.

He said 2002 though. So it might be in that one. I dont know because quite frankly i couldnt care less.

He said 2002 though. So it might be in that one. I dont know because quite frankly i couldnt care less.

Not finding in 2002 either.

therestillis said:
Probably blocked out and edited like Bush's National Guard Record.

Cant back up your answers so your trying to change subjects? Unlike Kerry, Bush has released his entire military record. Dont know why you are still pursuing this topic anyway. President Bush had enough points for 6 years of duty within two and yet he continued passing the point requirements for the next 3 1/2 years and received an honorable discharge.

Cant back up your answers so your trying to change subjects? Unlike Kerry, Bush has released his entire military record. Dont know why you are still pursuing this topic anyway. President Bush had enough points for 6 years of duty within two and yet he continued passing the point requirements for the next 3 1/2 years and received an honorable discharge.

More likely you are reading and spreading lies. :rolleyes:

Don't call me a liar or that I made up something!

That is really what you want to believe anyway isn't it?

You want to believe that some middle-aged hockey mom who is on leave from having surgery sits behind her computer making up lies about what she saw in a documentry on TV yesterday. You want to believe that the film maker is some radical that is going to infringe on your relgious rights or freedoms.

All I have to say is go live in the fantasy that Bush cooked up for you. It is easy for you to believe in it.

I'm tired of my rights being taken away. (The Patrioit Act)
I'm tired of having to raise money for a part-time music teacher in our public school.
I'm tired of the panhandling that goes on in front of Safeway because Regan put these idiots out on the street and there aren't services for these homeless.
I'm tired of hearing how we are spending so much money on useless weapons.
I'm tired of hearing about how we are going to save the world by attacking them. Why don't we just give the money to the Carter Center and teach human rights? Let these people figure it out for themselves, but give them the education to know how. Havel wrote a great book about the cold war and those very words and practices stopped the cold war.
I'm tired of hearing that Rush Limbaugh outright lied on his program and millions of people believed him.

I'm tired of alot of things politically, but I will tell you this.

I'm an armed and ready to fight hockey mom who is raising 3 kids. My husband and I work very hard at our jobs to provide for our family. We have watched our 401ks go to nothing. We have watched our taxes be raised and gas prices go up and no raises being provided by our companies. We are in fear losing our jobs, our medical benefits, and our savings because the companies are moving to Asia. I wonder how I will help my kids go to college as my parents helped me. I fear for my parents future because of sky rocketing healthcare they cannot afford. It costs them over $600 a month for healthcare which includes medicare and a supplemental. If my dad goes to emergency because of his heart and pacemaker, it costs them $200 and $300 for the ambulance. That may not seem like a lot to you, but to my parents who have worked all their lives, my dad is a veteran, and they raised 5 kids, saved what they could without buying very much, and watched their pensions sold off to the next merger, their 401k go bust because of companies like Enron, it makes them have to chose of whether or not they can afford their car maintenance or new glasses.

You see our social lives are based on fundraisers where I live. We are raising funds for the fire department, for the church roof, for the school sports, music, and art programs. We are constantly going to fundraisers for programs that I believe could use help from our tax dollars rather than funding hormone testing for cows and programs like that. I make a point of buying milk without hormones!

These things hit home and I'm willing to fight for them.

You don't seem to get it - I am sitting behind my computer, hoping that if my son were in Iraq as a solider, he would be helping a mother and her children get food. He would be protecting them so they can go to school that the WORLD is going to help rebuild. Better yet, I'm sitting here wishing this world wouldn't come to such extremes that I would have to send my son off as a solider. I would hope my son would want to help as a citizen of this world and knowing he had things better in his life, perhaps he can join an organization supported by our tax dollars to help families in other countries.

So there you go - I'm not a liar or full of bullcrap like you might want to believe. You believe in what you want and support who you want. But I will let you know - I will vote my consience, I will watch your so called left-wing propoganda, I will read the RNC and the DNC websites. I will continue to fight for people to have a will to believe we can all do good things for each other.

therestillis said:
Don't call me a liar or that I made up something!

That is really what you want to believe anyway isn't it?

You want to believe that some middle-aged hockey mom who is on leave from having surgery sits behind her computer making up lies about what she saw in a documentry on TV yesterday. You want to believe that the film maker is some radical that is going to infringe on your relgious rights or freedoms.

All I have to say is go live in the fantasy that Bush cooked up for you. It is easy for you to believe in it.

I'm tired of my rights being taken away. (The Patrioit Act)

I stopped reading RIGHT there... :Laugh:

HAHAHAHAH

(breath)

HAHAHAHAHAH

:)

bullshit. You've lost no rights.

U.S. intelligence indicates that Saddam Hussein
had upwards of 30,000 munitions capable
of delivering chemical agents.”

State of the Union Address – 1/28/2003

Forum List

Back