Bush Doctrine Declared Dead

From the article: "Thus the president who once insisted that a "Palestinian state will never be created by terror" now insists that a Palestinian state be created regardless of terror." In other words, whoever has the most guns, C4, suicide vests, and homicide bombers, wins. Nice philosophy.

From the article: "Thus the president who once insisted that a "Palestinian state will never be created by terror" now insists that a Palestinian state be created regardless of terror." In other words, whoever has the most guns, C4, suicide vests, and homicide bombers, wins. Nice philosophy.

Agreed. He just shot his own real legacy.

I call them as I see them, nb. bush is an international idiot. How did the Chinese communist yet elected Party Chairman describe him? "Unwise to the extreme"?

No one has to call him that, he's outright proved it himself................:eusa_whistle:

Don't it scare the hell out of you?

I'm to old to be scared by village idiots................apprehensive yes quite and in this scenario there are soooooooo many more ways down the road that we will be screwed by these idiots AND doctrines...................take the time to be terrorized and poof we're done!!!!!!!!!:eusa_whistle:

I've been hanging around this board for years now, nb. I don't let their threats terrorize me but I don't take them lightly either.

I'm to old to be scared by village idiots................apprehensive yes quite and in this scenario there are soooooooo many more ways down the road that we will be screwed by these idiots AND doctrines...................take the time to be terrorized and poof we're done!!!!!!!!!:eusa_whistle:

Can you dig it?

Yes I believe I can.....................keep your eye on the ball and do not be decieved.................which is the name of the game today................there is little honor left.........stand on it and for it:eusa_whistle:

Just what do you believe you can do, nb? More than me? More than anyone?

Yes I believe I can.....................keep your eye on the ball and do not be decieved.................which is the name of the game today................there is little honor left.........stand on it and for it:eusa_whistle:

I get my kicks on the ideals represented to me by my American parents. Seriously, a tear comes to my eye as I reflect on their lessons to me. Just what "little honor" do you imply or attempt to protect? The nails of your own coffin might be realized in your answers to questions presented to you. Is that a fair pbservation?

Death of the Bush Doctrine
By Jeff Jacoby, Boston Globe
January 16, 2008

The Bush Doctrine - born on Sept. 20, 2001, when President Bush bluntly warned the sponsors of violent jihad: "You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists" - is dead. Its demise was announced by Condoleezza Rice last Friday.

for full article:
www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/01/16/death_of_the_bush_doctrine/

"You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists"

Now, for years, lecturers in philosophy will use this as a fine example of the fallacy of the excluded middle.

That's all it's good for.

Wuzzup, doc?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Long time no see!!!!!!!!

"You are either with us, or you are with the terrorists"

Now, for years, lecturers in philosophy will use this as a fine example of the fallacy of the excluded middle.

That's all it's good for.

What "middle" are you talking about? As a moderate Democrat that has voted for Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and even George H.W. Bush and also being very passionate about the goings on in the government that I assisted in putting in place I am very much concerned with your nonchalant mention of "middle" as if we might not count. Just what "fallacy" are you talking about?

Just what do you believe you can do, nb? More than me? More than anyone?

I get my kicks on the ideals represented to me by my American parents. Seriously, a tear comes to my eye as I reflect on their lessons to me. Just what "little honor" do you imply or attempt to protect? The nails of your own coffin might be realized in your answers to questions presented to you. Is that a fair pbservation?

What do I believe I can do............................I believe I can stand on by gone lost principles that seem not to exist anymore, MANY THAT HAVE BEEN LOST THRU ANONYMITY and do thru example what I can to restore them even if it's but thru a few.

Good for you, nb!!!!!!!! Why don't you state those principles for us so that we might better understand your positions?

What do I believe I can do............................I believe I can stand on by gone lost principles that seem not to exist anymore, MANY THAT HAVE BEEN LOST THRU ANONYMITY and do thru example what I can to restore them even if it's but thru a few.

If you continue to obfuscate your ideology I suspect you will soon get bored with us political wonks that frequent this board.

Is my ideology truly unclear to you............ your callousness and sarcasm make you no more right or better than anyone else...................and could serve to nail your own coffin, as to actually communicating what you mean, and who listens................I'll state my positions as I do and of course subject to your chopping block, but fuck your bully pulpit................:rolleyes:

I read the article.. and the administration is doing exactly as it should in regards to the subject at hand... Palestine is the exeption to the rule, because the palestinian cause is a rightous one...

The fought a superior army the only way they could and were right in doing so...

I do not see the palestinians as terrorists... I see them as liberators and freedom fighters...

kudos to the admin for admitting we have been on the wrong side of the fence for the past 60 years!:clap2:

The 'road map' for peace, conceived in 2002 by Mr. Bush, had become a hindrance to the peace process, because the first requirement was that the Palestinians stop terrorist attacks. As a result, every time there was a terrorist bombing, the peace process fell apart and went back to square one. Neither side ever began discussing the 'core issues': the freezing of Israeli settlements in the West Bank, the right of Palestinian refugees to return, the outline of Israel's border, and the future of Jerusalem.

"The reason that we haven't really been able to move forward on the peace process for a number of years is that we were stuck in the sequentiality of the road map. So you had to do the first phase of the road map before you moved on to the third phase of the road map, which was the actual negotiations of final status," Rice said. . . . What the US-hosted November peace summit in Annapolis did was "break that tight sequentiality. . . You don't want people to get hung up on settlement activity or the fact that the Palestinians haven't fully been able to deal with the terrorist infrastructure. . ."

I think Condoleezza Rice has gone utterly mad... what she's saying is basically that peaceful intention is contrary to actual peace, and that we must achieve peace through war.... what a tool she has become. To think I actually agreed with her on some issues in the past... the death of Bush's doctrine and the death of honesty in government.. no wait, that ended a long time ago.

I read the article.. and the administration is doing exactly as it should in regards to the subject at hand... Palestine is the exeption to the rule, because the palestinian cause is a rightous one...

The fought a superior army the only way they could and were right in doing so...

I do not see the palestinians as terrorists... I see them as liberators and freedom fighters...

kudos to the admin for admitting we have been on the wrong side of the fence for the past 60 years!:clap2:

So... you must then also have problems with characterizing Saddam's support for palestinian nationalist paramilitary organizations as "supporting terrorists"?

To mis-state or over simplify what the "Bush Doctrine" means is a typical lefty tactic to bash Bush.....manufacture some minor issue, blow it out of proportion, then make a claim so that it seems to prove your original mis-characterization.....
The so-called Bush Doctrine is a much larger, strategy for combating the spread of terrorism, and a willingness to pursue U.S. military interests in a unilateral way.
Minor details in dealing with specific problems and specific nations do not radically alter the general strategy......
The Bush Doctrine is far from dead.....

Forum List

Back