BUSH CRIES UNCLE, No Torture for Terrorists

insein said:
Yea you know why they voted for this thing and Bush couldnt Veto it? They lathced it on the Armed Forces Appropriations Bill. MEaning if Bush vetoed it, it would have been a daily commercial saying "Bush vetoed the bill that sends funds directly to our troops. Impeach Bush now."

This was politics at its most disgusting. Don't let a bill stand on its own. Attach to an essential bill and then put everyone in a compromised voting position. I fucking hate Washington.

Never thought Insein and I would agree.

We ought amend the COnstitution to say that all bills passed by Congress many only deal with one subject. No more attaching anti-torture stuff to military bills or ANWR drillng to funding for hurricane areas. Let each issue stand by itself.

Psychoblues said:
I'll repeat this to you, gunnyl shithead ex-marine and American traitor. I don't use the bong, drugs, other than beer, Prevacid and Reglan, and I didn't intend to although I probably did insult you. In afterthought, you get insulted fairly easily considering the big balls warrior that you constantly profess that you are.

Psychoblues

I suppose you will never see just how tranparent you truly are.

Psychoblues said:
He threatened to veto the bill if the McCain language was included in it. He pissed and cried about abilities to extract information and damage to troop morale and generally accepted interrogation technigues and even brought it up that the enemy does it to us.

Really now, Americans are bigger than torture. Than can be no better example of that than John McCain. He actually served in Viet Nam, was taken prisoner of war and severely tortured by his captors. He doesn't believe in information given during torture excercises. It's actually elementary to him, and to me, that information of that kind is totally untrustworthy.

I've tried a few times to explain all that here in USMB but was severely ostracised for having done so. For all you war-mongering believers in torture and the benefits thereof, I hope you were paying attention as the President backed down and finally agreed that true Americans don't cotton or cater to terrorism or otherwise torture. We're bigger than that.

Psychoblues

Actually, when he was signing the bill with his hand, he was saying with his mouth that he was above the law and could break the law if he so decided.

GunnyL said:
I suppose you will never see just how tranparent you truly are.
I am left to wonder Spidey; for one who claims to be 'ever so smart' you are now begging for the likes of psychoblues, the resident board burnout to save your sad ass...

Kathianne said:
I am left to wonder Spidey; for one who claims to be 'ever so smart' you are now begging for the likes of psychoblues, the resident board burnout to save your sad ass...

what i would like to know is....if one of these brilliant young men was suddenly made president......

would they have asked the court to give them permission?

when the court denied them permission.

would they have done it anyway to ensure the protection of the american people?

or would they have said.....oh well

and when the "wtc" gets blown up.....

would you take responsibility or blame the courts

SpidermanTuba said:
Actually, when he was signing the bill with his hand, he was saying with his mouth that he was above the law and could break the law if he so decided.

Actually he was saying the exact same thing that McCain said... If it was necessary then the law would be broken, nobody would prosecute for such a transaction if it saved the lives of many. Bush was saying that if it was necessary he would follow that, he didn't want to tie the hands of the people who might be in such a position where that could be a possibility, he wanted them to know that he would back it up if it became necessary.

Forum List

Back