Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Bin Laden’s Death

The real question to ask is what would have happened if 911 occurred under Obama's watch?

We wouldn't have the patriot act, we wouldn't have enhanced interrogation, and we wouldn't have a lot of the programs Obama continued that Bush initiated, which kept us safe.

The real question to ask is what would have happened if 911 occurred under Obama's watch?

We wouldn't have the patriot act, we wouldn't have enhanced interrogation, and we wouldn't have a lot of the programs Obama continued that Bush initiated, which kept us safe.

why do you hate freedom?

And Obama would sent OBL a card:

obamasorrycopy.jpg

douchebags like this would, if bush cured cancer, have call him a homophobe for not curing AIDS.

in other words, douchebags

If Bush and Rice had taken Richard Clarke's pre-9/11 warnings seriously - there likely wouldn't have been a 9/11. Then, in 2001 Bush could have wiped bin Laden out at Tora Bora - but let him slip away.

By Alex Seitz-Wald

But Bush’s biggest misstep in the Bin Laden hunt occurred years before, in the early days of the war in Afghanistan. As a 2009 Senate Foreign Relations Committee report found, the Bush administration blew a critical opportunity to capture Bin Laden in 2001. Bin Laden was wounded and on the run, but top Bush national security officials rejected repeated pleas for reinforcements from commanders and intelligence officials fighting the terrorist leader in the caves of Tora Bora, despite the availability of resources.

Even when his own commanders and senior intelligence officials in Afghanistan and Washington argued for dispatching more U.S. troops, [Commanding Gen. Tommy] Franks refused to deviate from the plan.

The report “removes any lingering doubts and makes it clear that Osama bin Laden was within our grasp at Tora Bora,” but that decisions made by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, his deputies, and other top administration officials allowed Bin Laden to escape.

The consequence of this missed ooportunity are tremendous. As Lt. Col. Reid Sawyer, the director of the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point, told NPR yesterday, “if bin Laden had been killed in Afghanistan eight years ago in the caves of Tora Bora, al-Qaida might well have died with him. Now the organization is diversified enough it could weather bin Laden’s death — and hardly miss a beat.”

More (with live supporting source links): ANALYSIS: Bush’s Lackluster Hunt For Bin Laden | ThinkProgress

As well he should.

Even Obama gave him credit for his role, and Bush and Cheney have said favorable things about Obama in this regard.

So I'm not seeing what the problem here is, other than your extreme partisanship.

Bush did invest a lot of money into improving SPecial Operations groups.

Bush did invest money in the new version blackhawks with the stealth capability.

Bush did invest the money in the intelligence aparatus to smoke these guys out.

I give Obama credit, too. He didn't play to his base of Code Pink Appeasement types who thought that our best approach to terrorism is a profound apology to Muslims for being Christian.

Fucking right wing loser pigs saying the same lying shit over and over again. Doncha get a thrill when Muslims hang some gays? After all, it was Republicans, working with Iraqis who crafted a constitution that enslaved the women of Iraq. Republicans tore down Iraq;s old government when no one asked for them to do that. They held guns to the heads of the Iraqi people. They could have made them write any constitution they wanted, but NOOOOO. They helped them craft a far, right wing religious theocracy based on Islam. The fuckers.
Then they have the nerve to say the left gives in to the radical Muslims. Even the oil has gone to China. It was Republicans who let Bin Laden go and ignored him for years.

If I believed in conspiracy, the way the right has fucked up this country, made Iraq friends with Iran, enslaved the women of Iraq and let Bin Laden go, to an outsider, it would look like they were working together.

why do you hate freedom?

Patriot Act, waterboarding, Gitmo hasn't oppressed my freedom.

Has it oppressed you in any way?

And Obama would sent OBL a card:

obamasorrycopy.jpg

Just before Osama's brains were blown across the room. Oops.

If Bush had all that "intel", why didn't he get Bin Laden? Oh sorry, I forgot. Because Bush no longer paid Osama any "attention". He stopped thinking about him. He "looked away".

If Bush had all that "intel", why didn't he get Bin Laden? Oh sorry, I forgot. Because Bush no longer paid Osama any "attention". He stopped thinking about him. He "looked away".

And yet, oddly, the agencies and assets Bush put in place to gather and exploit intel remained in place and did their job, providing Obama the infrastructure he needed to sleep on the decision overnight :)doubt:).

If Bush had told them all to pack up and go home (you know, like Obama said he'd do in his campaign), you might have a point. He didn't. You don't.

As well he should.

Even Obama gave him credit for his role, and Bush and Cheney have said favorable things about Obama in this regard.

So I'm not seeing what the problem here is, other than your extreme partisanship.

Bush did invest money in the new version blackhawks with the stealth capability.

I give Obama credit, too. He didn't play to his base of Code Pink Appeasement types who thought that our best approach to terrorism is a profound apology to Muslims for being Christian.

Fucking right wing loser pigs saying the same lying shit over and over again. Doncha get a thrill when Muslims hang some gays? After all, it was Republicans, working with Iraqis who crafted a constitution that enslaved the women of Iraq. Republicans tore down Iraq;s old government when no one asked for them to do that. They held guns to the heads of the Iraqi people. They could have made them write any constitution they wanted, but NOOOOO. They helped them craft a far, right wing religious theocracy based on Islam. The fuckers.
Then they have the nerve to say the left gives in to the radical Muslims. Even the oil has gone to China. It was Republicans who let Bin Laden go and ignored him for years.

If I believed in conspiracy, the way the right has fucked up this country, made Iraq friends with Iran, enslaved the women of Iraq and let Bin Laden go, to an outsider, it would look like they were working together.
Hey, DIPSHIT.....Libyas new constitution states that their Law is Sharia....So, Obama helped enslave women also, besides handing the entire country over to Jihadi fucks who seek the US's demise, correct?

As well he should.

Hey, DIPSHIT.....Libyas new constitution states that their Law is Sharia....So, Obama helped enslave women also, besides handing the entire country over to Jihadi fucks who seek the US's demise, correct?
That's different. Somehow. It just is. Who are we to judge their culture?

Right, USMB lefties?

And yet, oddly, the agencies and assets Bush put in place to gather and exploit intel remained in place and did their job, providing Obama the infrastructure he needed to sleep on the decision overnight :)doubt:).

If Bush had told them all to pack up and go home (you know, like Obama said he'd do in his campaign), you might have a point. He didn't. You don't.

Are you talking about the ones "disbanded" by Bush? Oh, yea, they probably worked on their own time.:cuckoo:

As well he should.

How many American troops are in Libya? Moron. Do you guys practice stupid? They made their own constitution. You should be happy.

Are you talking about the ones "disbanded" by Bush? Oh, yea, they probably worked on their own time.:cuckoo:
If Bush disbanded them, when did Obama restart them?

That's different. Somehow. It just is. Who are we to judge their culture?

Right, USMB lefties?

Did we invade Libya or give some aid to the people living there who requested aid? Who in Iraq asked us to destroy their country? Was there a single letter to "President you killed my cousin Bush"?

I don't see how you can compare the two. Other than one, Iraq was a "total fuck up" and Libya "wasn't.

If Bush disbanded them, when did Obama restart them?

Soon after he took office, President Obama steered the U.S. on a course to end the war in Iraq and put resources back into finding bin Laden. “Shortly after I got into office,” Obama said in an interview after bin Laden’s death, “I brought [then-CIA director] Leon Panetta privately into the Oval Office and I said to him, ‘We need to redouble our efforts in hunting bin Laden down. And I want us to start putting more resources, more focus, and more urgency into that mission.’”

Same OP Link: Bush Credits ‘The Work That Was Done’ During ‘My Presidency’ For Osama Bin Laden’s Death | ThinkProgress

Obama on bin Laden: The full "60 Minutes" interview - 60 Minutes Overtime - CBS News

How many American troops are in Libya? Moron. Do you guys practice stupid? They made their own constitution. You should be happy.
Sharia is their law. Sharia enslaves women. Obama helped to enslave women, correct?

Iraq made their own constitution also. You should be happy.

And, it's only a matter of time before we have to go into Libya full force. Obama just aided in handing an entire country over to Jihadi types, who now have massive reserves of chemical, and conventional weapons, along with vast oil reserves to fund their fatwa against the west.

And, and, we now have egyptian citizens (remember, Obama encouraged their uprising), storming the Israeli consulate today, which is an act of war.....Aren't ya' just glad that Obama has helped put the ME on track to lead to WW3?

Last edited:
President Puss wouldn't let our special ops into Pakistan, where everyone knew Bin Laden was hiding, without getting permission from Musharraf, who made sure it didn't happen. He was pathetically soft and liberal on the chase for Bin Laden, but certain fools here keep defending the idiot because he represented the Republican party.

Crediting GW Bush for capturing Bin Laden is like crediting Jimmy Carter for bringing down the Soviet Union.

Forum List

Back