Bush condemns 527 ads

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Bush came out today and condemned 527 ads in response to Kerry's whining about the Swift Boat ads, the FEC regs and campaign reform stuff. It kind of bothers me that Bush is responding to Kerry like this. Seems like the liberal press is going to make out Bush as the bad guy and Kerry as coming up roses - once again.

The whole McCain-Feingold campaign reform has me somewhat confused but it appears that the 527s are a loophole in the whole system of soft money.
MoveOn.org and other Democrat 527 groups are spending millions and millions of soft money but one little 527 Republican group (Swift Boat vets) comes out with a couple very cheap ads and all of a sudden the Democrats discover campaign reform problems with 527s.

I think this by Rush helped to explain it best.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082304/content/truth_detector_4.guest.html

Rush is absolutely correct about how the liberal media is going to twist what Bush said. Just read the headliner of this MSNBS report:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5797164/

Actually Bush played them like a fiddle. They had already paid out $10 million in ads that were "Approved By John Kerry" to call on Bush to condemn the Swift Boat 527 ads. They never expected him to actually do it. Now they are out $10 mil and Bush still looks like the Victor because he condemns ALL 527's.

Kerry still looks like a fool.

insein said:
Actually Bush played them like a fiddle. They had already paid out $10 million in ads that were "Approved By John Kerry" to call on Bush to condemn the Swift Boat 527 ads. They never expected him to actually do it. Now they are out $10 mil and Bush still looks like the Victor because he condemns ALL 527's.

Kerry still looks like a fool.

Very good way to look at it. Bush is masterful in his political game. and they still think he is stupid.

My question now is as it always has been, if Bush is so stupid, what the heck does that make them?

Thats very funny, as soon as i watched it on the news i thought of that. Also if bush said otherwise about the adds, ALL HELL WOULD BREAK LOOSE! I MEAN FRIGGIN LIBERALS WOULD BE CRAWLIN OUTA THE GARBAGE CANS AND OUTA THE BUSHES SSCREAMING "SHUTUP U GUY WHO, UM, WHO UM, DIDNT GO TO VIETNAM. im sure they expected bush to support the adds.

if both bush and kerry were in a debate against eachother right after the swift boat adds started, this is how i think it would play out:

Kerry: Bush, how dare ur supporters fund this add, HOW DARE THEY, I CALL UPON U TO CONDEM THESE ADS, CONSIDERING UR REPUTATION DURING THE VIETNAM CONFLICT. tisk tisk!
Bush: I totally agree with u, i am asking the swift boat adds to stop!
Kerry: WHAT?!!!
bush: u heard me
Kerry: no no no no no, this wasnt, um, well, naaa. ur just kidding right, right "nudge nudge"
Bush: i really agree with u
KERRY: GOD DAMMIT NO, UR SUPPOSED TO SAY THAT THE ADDS ARE GOOD AND STUFF.
BUSH: why?
KERRY: SO I CAN HAMMER U GOD DAMMTI ARGG U JUST WASTED ME 10 MILLION DOLLARS. JESUS CHRIST. NOW I DONT EVEN BEN- #$%# THIS I QUIT!

New Topics

Forum List

Back