Bush campaign lawyer advises swiftboat vets

Discussion in 'Politics' started by busch2008, Aug 24, 2004.

1. busch2008

busch2008 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I still only see a lawyer offering advise. Thats pretty flimsy.

Bush has condemned 527's in general. He has called for an end to ALL 527 groups. How can you be against that? No more Swiftvets. No more Moveon.org. No more Americans For change. No more forcing million dollar ads down people's throats with your own opinions and/or propaganda.

Campaign Finance Reform has been a disaster. This election year has proven it.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,219
  4. busch2008

busch2008 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, the Bush campaign said they weren't connected to the group. Wouldn't that mean they are lying?

5. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    No.

If you read the entire article, you see that this is essentially much ado about nothing.

"Representing campaigns, parties and outside groups simultaneously is legal and allowed under the law and by the FEC, he said."

Almost at the very end of the article, we see: "Joe Sandler, a lawyer for the DNC and a group running anti-Bush ads, MoveOn.org, said there is nothing wrong with serving in both roles at once."

This is just a good example of the liberal media bias that doesn't exists. Big headline making a bold statement, tiny little whisper at the end that says it doesn't really mean anything.

6. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How can I be opposed to no more ads from swiftvets, moveon, Americans for Change? Are you serious? It is VERY easy to be opposed to no more ads. Those ads are called POLITICAL SPEECH. I am very much in favor of political speech. Even if there was a grou who's plaform called for slavery to all people named travis and death to all pet cats, I would very much want this evil group to have the right to purchase ads.

In fact I have not really seen a 527 ad that I have liked yet. Yet I still support their right to say it and am going to be very upset with Kerry/Bush sign the law in their next term that will further restrict political speech in america.

7. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    That says it all right there.

8. Democrat4Bush

Democrat4Bush Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
  9. busch2008

busch2008 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, the Swiftboat fiasco is heating up. Now Cleland is at the Ranch to deliver a letter to Bush demanding he denounce the ads.
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/08/25/cleland.swiftboat/index.html

Also, a second member of the Bush campaign has resigned over the Swiftboat fiasco: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5818431/

Bashing the opponent is one thing, but flat-out lying is not acceptable. Should have stuck with the Senate Record, there was some ammunition there. The swiftboat vets haven't stood up to hard scrutiny from the press, interesting to see how this will develop.

10. tim_duncan2000

tim_duncan2000 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    There also is a lot ammunition in his anti-war/anti-veteran activities that Kerry and the media gloss over when mentioning his Vietnam service. And since you say that "flat-out lying is not acceptable", then I hope you are also outraged about the lies people tell about Bush and Kerry's lies about Cambodia and atrocities.