Bush Burrows Political Appointees in Career Jobs

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Administration Protects Bush Appointees by Converting Positions to Career Civil Service Jobs - washingtonpost.com

Bush "Burrowing" Key Political Appointees In Career Civil Service Jobs

This means that even though Bush & the Neo Cons are out of office, they still have some say in what gets done. We need to get rid of all these Bush appointees into "career" positions. Time to retire!

Just weeks before leaving office, the Interior Department's top lawyer has shifted half a dozen key deputies -- including two former political appointees who have been involved in controversial environmental decisions -- into senior civil service posts.

The transfer of political appointees into permanent federal positions, called "burrowing" by career officials, creates federal sinecures for those employees, and at least initially will deprive the incoming Obama administration of the chance to install its preferred appointees in some key jobs.

Even in the Justice Department:

Bush Appointed Attorneys: 'We're Not Leaving'

An internal report issued this week by the Justice Department brought attention to the Bush Administration's efforts to "burrow" partisan ideologues deep in career civil service positions at the department. But even a few of Bush's political appointees at Justice are giving the new Obama administration trouble. Though their lease may technically run out on January 20, U.S. Attorneys Mary Beth Buchanan of Pittsburgh and Alice Martin of Birmingham are resolved to stay in their posts. The Daily Beast has learned that both are arguing to the Obama transition team that their efforts to convict Democrats should guarantee them an extended stay into the Obama presidency.

And you are complaining about crap that happens in every presidential transition especially ones where the office changes from one party to another this time around exactly why?

And you are complaining about crap that happens in every presidential transition especially ones where the office changes from one party to another this time around exactly why?

Bobo will be whining about Bush forever--it's his entire personality.

Might be because he's the gift that keeps on giving.

Has the damage he's done stopped yet?

Who knows--but there is no doubt continued whining will do nothing to alleviate it. Is it going to be that painful to give it up and spend the time and energy on something that may even be positive ?

Trouble is to the extent you believe Bush responsible for this current disaster you will be unable to find the real problem and address it.

You saying that proves you do not get it.

Politicizing the Department of Justice - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

Do you understand the Justice Department is not supposed to be politicized?

You guys have downplayed every horrible thing Bush & the GOP have done the last 8 years, no matter how illegal and/or wrong.

Justice Department officials over the last six years illegally used “political or ideological” factors to hire new lawyers into an elite recruitment program, tapping law school graduates with conservative credentials over those with liberal-sounding resumes, a new report found Tuesday.

And both sides don't do it:

The K Street Project is an effort by the Republican Party (GOP) to pressure Washington lobbying firms to hire Republicans in top positions, and to reward loyal GOP lobbyists with access to influential officials. It was launched in 1995 by Republican strategist Grover Norquist and then-House majority whip Tom DeLay. It has been criticized as being part of a "coziness" between the GOP and large corporations which has allegedly allowed business to rewrite government regulations affecting their own industries in some cases (see Dick Cheney energy task force).

Bobo will be whining about Bush forever--it's his entire personality.

Not just Bush. It was the entire GOP that fucked America. You wish I put it all on Bush. No fucking chance of that. Only a fool would think Bush did this on his own, or on accident. Just look at Bush's first 6 years. Not one fucking veto. Record spending. They fucked the treasury!!!! And it wasn't just Iraq. Don't forget Bush's $350 billion last minute bank robbery.

And I bitched about the 90's GOP too. It wasn't about their policies as much as it was the Ken Starr witch hunt that tied Clinton's hands for fucking 8 years. No respect for the fucking presidency.

The Bush GOP just happen to be worse than the traditional GOP.

Pat Buchanan & Newt can suck my dick too, but the Bush/Delay/Boehner Republicans are even worse.

Good luck running Mitt or Huckelberry in 2012 and pretend that they are any different.

The right is simply WRONG. Wrong on every issue.

what sealy says:

Not just Bush. It was the entire GOP that fucked America. You wish I put it all on Bush. No fucking chance of that. Only a fool would think Bush did this on his own, or on accident. Just look at Bush's first 6 years. Not one fucking veto. Record spending. They fucked the treasury!!!! And it wasn't just Iraq. Don't forget Bush's $350 billion last minute bank robbery.

And I bitched about the 90's GOP too. It wasn't about their policies as much as it was the Ken Starr witch hunt that tied Clinton's hands for fucking 8 years. No respect for the fucking presidency.

Pat Buchanan & Newt can suck my dick too, but the Bush/Delay/Boehner Republicans are even worse.

Good luck running Mitt or Huckelberry in 2012 and pretend that they are any different.

what i hear:
[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDBqWGhnoLM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TDBqWGhnoLM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Quick dude----get it all out of your system. It's almost over and you will be reduced a baby crying over spilled milk.

Who knows--but there is no doubt continued whining will do nothing to alleviate it. Is it going to be that painful to give it up and spend the time and energy on something that may even be positive ?

Let us see if the GOP goes back to the tactic they used on Clinton. Attack him, attack him, attack him, slander him, accuse him, lie about him, investigate him,

All to find out that Obama got a blowjob in the oval office.

And after all the spying on Americans, playing politics with the justice dept, white house emails being deleted, lying about wmd's, etc.???

If the GOP goes back to being petty after we let all that shit slide......

Your delusions bobo continue to fester and grow. You are rapidly moving from the realms of the neurotic to the realm of the psychotic. To those of you unsure as to the difference: a neurotic builds castles in the air, the psychotic lives in them.

Last edited:
Let us see if the GOP goes back to the tactic they used on Clinton. Attack him, attack him, attack him, slander him, accuse him, lie about him, investigate him,

All to find out that Obama got a blowjob in the oval office.

And after all the spying on Americans, playing politics with the justice dept, white house emails being deleted, lying about wmd's, etc.???

If the GOP goes back to being petty after we let all that shit slide......

hurry--you will be saddled with responsibilty for it all---soon.

Trouble is to the extent you believe Bush responsible for this current disaster you will be unable to find the real problem and address it.

If you just gave the next $350 billion to all us homeowners, that would solve the banks problem with too many foreclosures.

But I get the feeling they don't care about foreclosures.

Nor should they, because they just got $350 billion for their troubles. So BFD if every homeowner forecloses. Then the banks will own the property and have the $350 billion.

Not to mention the majority of us will finish paying off our homes, WITH INTEREST!!!

The other thing Obama needs to do is bring manufacturing home. Just like Bush gave manufacuturing tax breaks to go overseas, Obama can take them away. If they don't come back home, then a new company can do the work.

The only way to increase wages is to have jobs outnumber people.

GOPanomics likes it when jobs are scarce. The made it so, so don't say that's not true. All you can suggest is that it was on accident, and that's a lie too.

Quick dude----get it all out of your system. It's almost over and you will be reduced a baby crying over spilled milk.

You guys hope/rely/depend on us shutting up so people will forget. Then you'll spread your bullshit lies about how it was the Democrats & Freddy & Fanny Mack.

Fuck that.

I can't wait for the 2012 election. Whoever you run, I will not forget what they were saying in 2007.

Just like you ran McCain one way in 2000 and he completely flip flopped on every issue. Republicans will say whatever they need to say to get elected. I won't let people forget how

GOP is for the RICH and CORPORATIONS

And the DEMS are for EVERYONE. And that includes rich people and corporations, because they too did well under Clinton. But apparently not well enough, because Bush fucked us middle class people over so the rich could get richer.

Your delusions bobo continue to fester and grow. You are rapidly moving from the realms of the neurotic to the realm of the psychotic. To those of you unsure as to the difference: a neurotic builds castles in the air, the psychotic lives in them.

Gary, I know it bothers you that I was right for the past 8 years. Not only does Obama's victory prove it, but all the seats we picked up all over the country.

I think it's going to be fun to watch the GOP minority act like a bunch of cock suckers for the next 2 years and end up losing even more seats in the 2010 midterm.

And I'm confused with you right wing idiots. Is Obama "no different" than Bush or is he a far left wing radical?

You guys all need to decide and stick with one.

You guys always try to hit them both ways. You did it with Bill, then Hillary, and now Obama. Depending on who you are talking to, you accuse them of being far left, or no difference.

Which is it? Is Obama a far left wing President or just another sellout to the man like Bush?

:lol:

Sealy I think it was the wrong move to bail out either damn one. The problems in the housing industry are far greater than the mortgage meltdown. And the problems begin at the local level not the federal level, though for the last thirty odd years the feds haven't done any thing to help and have done a very great deal to harm.

Sealy I think it was the wrong move to bail out either damn one. The problems in the housing industry are far greater than the mortgage meltdown. And the problems begin at the local level not the federal level, though for the last thirty odd years the feds haven't done any thing to help and have done a very great deal to harm.

Please explain how the problems started at the local level.

Here is what I think:

I think it was all done on purpose. I'm even thinking that the Big 3 American Car Manufacturers are/were in on it too. They'd love to go bankrupt so they can break the unions and renig on pensions. Then that'll be another situation where the government ends up picking up the tab that the corporations should be paying. Privatize the profits, socialize the losses.

I even had this thought the other day. I remember when Bush was fighting the Iraq war and it was dragging on and on and on, he had to go back and ask for so much supplimental money that the Federal Reserve had to literally print more money. He spent so much, there was nothing more to give.

So all of the sudden there is too much money out there and if people knew the facts, that alone would cause a depression. The dollar would have only been worth around 25 cents.

Ok, so what was the Robber Baron's solution to fix this? How about we take away half of everyone's fortunes by trashing the market and home values? That'll make things right.

So now people don't own a home worth more than what they own. Now you owe more than your home is worth.

And what about all our 401K's? They got cut in half?

I say this was brilliant of the GOP. Evil but brilliant.

Do you get what I'm saying? They had the power to print money over the last 8 years, so they took advantage of it. They spent like there was no tomorrow. But then that would affect the value of the dollar. So what is an easy way to get rid of some money? Trash the market.

Forum List

Back