Bush Assassination?

OK, let's see if I have this straight. Someone in another country does a docudrama about what happens in this country after the (hypothetical) assassination of a president... ok, THE president. And some newbie Bushie on the site posts an article about it and decides it's "Bush hatred". Now, I can say it's a fairly sure bet that the people who wrote the script aren't huge fans of the admin. But then again, on January 20, 2009, most of the world is gonna be celebrating in the streets, so that should be no surprise.

But for anyone reading, it's clear that the script (which again, none of us have seen) deals with the polarization of this country. And it's not like anyone can say such polarization doesn't exist.

And that is translated to "rabid hatred"? I'd point out that none of the left-leaners on the board found the piece of great enough import to pay attention to. I'd also point out that none of the left-leaners on the board said anything which would lead anyone to think they would support or condone such an attempt.

I'd say, once again, the "rabid hatred" exists predominently in the minds of the more extreme right-wingers because it's THEY who hate everyone who doesn't see the world as they do.

Just my two cents.

Oh...and btw, for the gentlemen who don't know history and didn't get Grump's reference, there has been an assassination attempt on pretty much every president who was elected in a year ending in zeros. So there ya go. It doesn't mean anyone WANTS Bush dead. Besides, if something happened to Bush, it would be far worse. Bush is just incompetent... we'd end up with Cheney. :fifty:

Doesnt seem to stop the lefties from playing up their fantasies.

http://www.democraticunderground.co...sg&forum=102&topic_id=2486629&mesg_id=2486629

That's nice... DU again.. I really do think the only people who pay attention to it are the right-wingers.

Should I judge you by the most extreme on your side of the aisle?

The most extreme parts of our party arent in charge of it.

This is reminiscent of the original "Manchurian Candidate" except that then they didn't call the President in the flick "Kennedy". Supposedly after Kennedy's assassination Sinatra felt bad about the correlation or coincidence, or whatever you want to call it.

something funny? Who do you believe runs the republicans? It certainly isnt the conservatives, unfortunately. ITs more the whiny moderates.

Actually, I agree, it isn't the true conservatives who run your party; nor is it the moderates (check out Christie Whitman's site if you don't believe me). It's the extremists who have hijacked what was once a pretty honorable party.

And do tell... who do you think the extremists are who "run" the democratic party... particularly since the dems aren't in power now.

Actually, I agree, it isn't the true conservatives who run your party; nor is it the moderates (check out Christie Whitman's site if you don't believe me). It's the extremists who have hijacked what was once a pretty honorable party.

And do tell... who do you think the extremists are who "run" the democratic party... particularly since the dems aren't in power now.

Look to the race in Connecticut for your answer. Joe Lieberman, the man who was the VP candidate for the Dems only 6 years ago has been smeered by his party in favor of Ted Lamont. Lamont is basically a communist bafoon when you read his ideas. He is a puppet of Moveon.org. That is who runs the democratic party. Not particularly moveon.org, but those that buy into the same ideals. Why do you think Democratic leaders like Dean, Clinton, Pelosi, Kennedy all bounce the same moveon talking points off of every microphone they can find? Because thats who they believe their base is.

Why else is a complete liberal like Lieberman be abandoned by his party for 1 single issue, the war? Lieberman is pro-choice, pro gay marriage, pro-welfare, pro-big government everything but he sides with the president on the war. For that he is labeled a right winger and osrtacized from the party. He is being threatened from Democratic leaders that if he wins as an independent in Conn that he will lose his seats on important committees. All because he sides with Bush on the war. Tell me that isnt a radical stance?

No one runs the Democratic party--if they do they should be ashamed of themselves

Flat out plagarism. Sounded so good when I used it on you, you thought you'd come back a month or so later and attempt to use it in an irrelevant manner?

Insein is correct .... the moderates currently drive the Republican train. We keep our extremists in a box and toss them a bone every now and again as opposed to you Dems, who allow each and every nutcase with a cause to have equal billing topped off with Howie as spokesman.

The Dems being in power or not is irrelevant to the infrastructure of the Democrat party.

And pretty-much any-and-everyone in the Dem-o-crap party is an extremist. The moderates abandoned ship when Carter was at the helm.

Remember, in 1993, the guy who tried to fly his single-engine plane through the window of the Oval Office? The only thing that stopped him was a magnolia tree that had been planted by Andrew Jackson. At the time, I told my young son, "You see? God saw this day coming 160 years ago. It is His will that we endure this prick".

I forgot about that. So that was two rather inventive attempts on President Clinton.

If you go back a little farther, there was also the attempt on Truman by the Puerto Rican nationalists. One was gunned down and the other spent life in prison. There was also an attempt in FDR in Miami.

The Dems being in power or not is irrelevant to the infrastructure of the Democrat party.

And pretty-much any-and-everyone in the Dem-o-crap party is an extremist. The moderates abandoned ship when Carter was at the helm.

What on earth are you talking about? First off, I don't pay enough attention to your posts to remember what you say, much less plagarize you.

And you're so far gone, you don't know what a moderate is. And your words are proof that you hate everyone who disagrees with your worldview (which is kinda limited, IMO).

So there ya go.

Cheers.

What on earth are you talking about? First off, I don't pay enough attention to your posts to remember what you say, much less plagarize you.

And you're so far gone, you don't know what a moderate is. And your words are proof that you hate everyone who disagrees with your worldview (which is kinda limited, IMO).

So there ya go.

Cheers.
Jillian, I can't tell from the quotes what is going on here, I guess I'll have to read back. Sigh.

Gunny is blunt, but not hard to understand where he's coming from.

Jillian, I can't tell from the quotes what is going on here, I guess I'll have to read back. Sigh.

Gunny is blunt, but not hard to understand where he's coming from.

Oh... I know exactly where Gunny is coming from. And, unlike you, he has a real hatred for anyone who disagrees with him. You know how to just disagree when you don't see eye to eye with someone.

But Gunny's are far too common in the current climate... there's this whole little minority of people who want to live in a one-party system and have one big homogeneous country. But this country isn't like that. There's lots of diversity of thought, for better or worse.

As for what he claimed was a quote... er... like I said, there isn't a lot he could say that I'd remember, much less plagarize. That isn't my style anyway.

Forum List

Back