1980s Attempt on Raygun's life
1960s Kennedy killed
1940s Roosevelt dies in office
1920s Harding dies in office
1900s McKinley killed
1880s Garfield killed
1860s Lincoln killed
1840s Harrison dies in office

Every 20 years or so a US president dies. That's what I meant....

I figured thats what you were refering to which is why i didnt respond to your post.

I still am pretty surprised the left hasnt tried.

I suppose for all of you who are secretly wishing for someone to take out President Bush(assassinate)

This could really back fire if it were to happen....

Because if they were to succeed with assassinating President Bush, whats to stop it from happening to ALL the next sitting Presidents.....
REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT...

I didn't like Clinton, but I didn't hate him to the point of wanting him DEAD!
I knew eventually he'd be leaving....

I find this rabid hatred...............Truly Pathetic.......

1980s Attempt on Reagan's life
1960s Kennedy killed
1940s Roosevelt dies in office
1920s Harding dies in office
1900s McKinley killed
1880s Garfield killed
1860s Lincoln killed
1840s Harrison dies in office

Every 20 years or so a US president dies. That's what I meant....

Not really. The last time a sitting president died was Kennedy, and that was a bit more than 20 years ago. There was the thing where every president elected in a year ending with zero died while in office, but that ended with President Reagan.

When it comes to assassination attempts in the last several years: there were two on Ford in the same week, the one on Reagan, the attempt on Bush 41, the nut job with the uzi that popped up outside the White House while Clinton was in office, and the apparent attempt on Bush 43 with the grenade.

uh huh....

Ah - you choose, then, to be a snarling ingrate. That's cool - you can do that. This is America - that shining city on a hill - preserved, in no small part, by the man you blithely call "Raygun". Enjoy yourself.

Not really. The last time a sitting president died was Kennedy, and that was a bit more than 20 years ago. There was the thing where every president elected in a year ending with zero died while in office, but that ended with President Reagan.

When it comes to assassination attempts in the last several years: there were two on Ford in the same week, the one on Reagan, the attempt on Bush 41, the nut job with the uzi that popped up outside the White House while Clinton was in office, and the apparent attempt on Bush 43 with the grenade.

Remember, in 1993, the guy who tried to fly his single-engine plane through the window of the Oval Office? The only thing that stopped him was a magnolia tree that had been planted by Andrew Jackson. At the time, I told my young son, "You see? God saw this day coming 160 years ago. It is His will that we endure this prick".

Ah - you choose, then, to be a snarling ingrate. That's cool - you can do that. This is America - that shining city on a hill - preserved, in no small part, by the man you blithely call "Raygun". Enjoy yourself.

No, I chose to give your post the impeity it deserved. Raygun did nothing to perserve anything I believe in, or live in....

I suppose for all of you who are secretly wishing for someone to take out President Bush(assassinate)

This could really back fire if it were to happen....

Because if they were to succeed with assassinating President Bush, whats to stop it from happening to ALL the next sitting Presidents.....
REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT...

I didn't like Clinton, but I didn't hate him to the point of wanting him DEAD!
I knew eventually he'd be leaving....

I find this rabid hatred...............Truly Pathetic.......

OK, let's see if I have this straight. Someone in another country does a docudrama about what happens in this country after the (hypothetical) assassination of a president... ok, THE president. And some newbie Bushie on the site posts an article about it and decides it's "Bush hatred". Now, I can say it's a fairly sure bet that the people who wrote the script aren't huge fans of the admin. But then again, on January 20, 2009, most of the world is gonna be celebrating in the streets, so that should be no surprise.

But for anyone reading, it's clear that the script (which again, none of us have seen) deals with the polarization of this country. And it's not like anyone can say such polarization doesn't exist.

And that is translated to "rabid hatred"? I'd point out that none of the left-leaners on the board found the piece of great enough import to pay attention to. I'd also point out that none of the left-leaners on the board said anything which would lead anyone to think they would support or condone such an attempt.

I'd say, once again, the "rabid hatred" exists predominently in the minds of the more extreme right-wingers because it's THEY who hate everyone who doesn't see the world as they do.

Just my two cents.

Oh...and btw, for the gentlemen who don't know history and didn't get Grump's reference, there has been an assassination attempt on pretty much every president who was elected in a year ending in zeros. So there ya go. It doesn't mean anyone WANTS Bush dead. Besides, if something happened to Bush, it would be far worse. Bush is just incompetent... we'd end up with Cheney. :fifty:

OK, let's see if I have this straight. Someone in another country does a docudrama about what happens in this country after the (hypothetical) assassination of a president... ok, THE president. And some newbie Bushie on the site posts an article about it and decides it's "Bush hatred". Now, I can say it's a fairly sure bet that the people who wrote the script aren't huge fans of the admin. But then again, on January 20, 2009, most of the world is gonna be celebrating in the streets, so that should be no surprise.

But for anyone reading, it's clear that the script (which again, none of us have seen) deals with the polarization of this country. And it's not like anyone can say such polarization doesn't exist.

And that is translated to "rabid hatred"? I'd point out that none of the left-leaners on the board found the piece of great enough import to pay attention to. I'd also point out that none of the left-leaners on the board said anything which would lead anyone to think they would support or condone such an attempt.

I'd say, once again, the "rabid hatred" exists predominently in the minds of the more extreme right-wingers because it's THEY who hate everyone who doesn't see the world as they do.

Just my two cents.

Oh...and btw, for the gentlemen who don't know history and didn't get Grump's reference, there has been an assassination attempt on pretty much every president who was elected in a year ending in zeros. So there ya go. It doesn't mean anyone WANTS Bush dead. Besides, if something happened to Bush, it would be far worse. Bush is just incompetent... we'd end up with Cheney. :fifty:

Celebrating in the streets Jan 20, 2009 ? Wow--you really think a conservative will win, huh?:cof:

Forum List

Back