Bush Appointee Tries To Slip Away On Oil Spil!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
According to CNN.com a few hours ago:

'Federal official overseeing Offshore oil development to retire early'

The head of offshore drilling at an Interior Department agency criticized after the Gulf Coast oil spill is retiring a month earlier than planned.

Chris Oynes will step down as associate director of the agency's Offshore Minerals Management Program at the end of May, the official said. The program is part of the Minerals Management Service.

"Shortly after the Deepwater Horizon explosion, he approached leadership at MMS and announced he would be retiring on June 30, and today [Monday,] he told his colleagues that he would be accelerating his retirement." This, according to an unnamed official.

Oynes was named to the post in 2007. His responsibilities include overseeing the Outer Continental Shelf oil and gas program and working on a new alternative energy program.

In the past, critics have accused MMS of being too cozy with the industries it regulates.

A 2008 report from the Interior Department's inspector-general found MMS employees received improper gifts from energy industry representatives and engaged in illegal drug use and inappropriate sexual relations with them.

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar last week announced he would split MMS into separate divisions -- one for regulating offshore oil drilling and the other for collecting royalties from oil companies. Salazar said that having both responsibilities in one agency created a culture of possible corruption.

His job is done..time to move on..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Interior Secretary Ken Salazar last week announced he would split MMS into separate divisions -- one for regulating offshore oil drilling and the other for collecting royalties from oil companies. Salazar said that having both responsibilities in one agency created a culture of possible corruption.

Nice timing, Ken.:clap2:

According to CNN.com a few hours ago:

'Federal official overseeing Offshore oil development to retire early'

The head of offshore drilling at an Interior Department agency criticized after the Gulf Coast oil spill is retiring a month earlier than planned.

Chris Oynes will step down as associate director of the agency's Offshore Minerals Management Program at the end of May, the official said. The program is part of the Minerals Management Service.

"Shortly after the Deepwater Horizon explosion, he approached leadership at MMS and announced he would be retiring on June 30, and today [Monday,] he told his colleagues that he would be accelerating his retirement." This, according to an unnamed official.

Oynes was named to the post in 2007. His responsibilities include overseeing the Outer Continental Shelf oil and gas program and working on a new alternative energy program.

In the past, critics have accused MMS of being too cozy with the industries it regulates.

A 2008 report from the Interior Department's inspector-general found MMS employees received improper gifts from energy industry representatives and engaged in illegal drug use and inappropriate sexual relations with them.

His job is done..time to move on..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So Bush appointed the head of an agency of the Interior Department? I didn't know that.

Bush wasn't president 35 years ago:

Interior officials said they did not encourage Chris Oynes -- whose served in the government for 35 years -- to retire, even though he has come under fire from former MMS officials for being too close to the industry officials he regulates.

washingtonpost.com

He managed the leasing program for 12 years, which puts his appointment in the Clinton Administrations; he was promoted in 2007 during the Bush's second term.

Chris Oynes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really, the attempts to blame everything on Bush are getting very stale.

Bush wasn't president 35 years ago:

Interior officials said they did not encourage Chris Oynes -- whose served in the government for 35 years -- to retire, even though he has come under fire from former MMS officials for being too close to the industry officials he regulates.

washingtonpost.com

He managed the leasing program for 12 years, which puts his appointment in the Clinton Administrations; he was promoted in 2007 during the Bush's second term.

Chris Oynes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Really, the attempts to blame everything on Bush are getting very stale.

Consumption of "stale" is the result of supporting bad policies. I didn't write the story. I believe any thinking american would like to know the facts as this story unfolds. I myself voted for the Chief Cheerleader in his first term. I had the misguided theory that he would get good advice from his father. I was wrong. If Bushes failures of judgement stress you out then just ignore them. Or as it applies to the oil industry get used to it. There will be more heads rolling as a much needed investigation removes the thieves, fools and incompetants.

lmao....i knew someone had to blame bush for this

Welcome to reality...ya fuck up...ya hear about it. Go figure. I don't play favorites.. I fired my own sister a few years ago for being a dummy.

you dumbass...he was NOT a bush appointee

your hackness saw he was promoted to the position in 2007 and you ASSumed it was a bush appointment....he had been in the department LONG before bush came into office and he was promoted by the director, not appointed by bush

:cuckoo:

lmao....i knew someone had to blame bush for this

Welcome to reality...ya fuck up...ya hear about it. Go figure. I don't play favorites.. I fired my own sister a few years ago for being a dummy.

you dumbass...he was NOT a bush appointee

your hackness saw he was promoted to the position in 2007 and you ASSumed it was a bush appointment....he had been in the department LONG before bush came into office and he was promoted by the director, not appointed by bush

:cuckoo:

Who cares? He fucked up. The director obviously fucked up. Who appointed the director?

How is it I am a hack?...Supporting what? Do you think I am a Democrat or a liberal? You are an idiot. I have been a Republican long before you drew your first breath fuckwit.

Forum List

Back