Bush and the housing bubble

There is some speculation that Bush fueled the housing bubble in order to cover up what his policies were doing to the economy . . . in order to gain a second term.

We know the Democrats have always pushed for minority housing, but their policies have been in place for ages without much instability.

Did Bush go too far for political reasons?

President - Research the news about President - from HighBeam Research

The smoking gun
YouTube - ‪Home Ownership and President Bush‬‎

No, the theory is ridiculous.

Bush was an incompetent President, but he wasn't deliberately stoking a housing bubble to cover up his other policies.

The fact that he promoted home ownership is proof of nothing.
wait, this is a bash bush thread
did you forget

BUSH SUCKS
dont re-elect BUSH

You cannot force the banks to give loans to people who cannot make the payments and expect good things to happen. Yes that was a dmocrat plan

And on that very subject, Bush said to make loans to "QUALIFIED BORROWERS" ... that was in his first talking point Londoner

That was forced by the government long before Bush was President Community reenvestment act. Started by a democrat shored up by a democrat .

Somehow liberals can't fathom that idea. That things the gov't does today may cause bad stuff to happen 15 years from now. That Chris Dodd, Barney Franke, the Clintons and Democrats pressued these banks to make bad loans to people. And the house of cards collapsed, taking our economy with it.

But then again, this is a Bush = Bad thread. Sorry.

Fannie/Freddie...and the DENIAL during the red flags that were sent up in '05...

DemocRATS denied it. Maxine Waters, Bawney Fwank, Christopher [Countrywide] Dodd...Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelick...and a cast of thousands...There was NOTHING WRONG with Fannie/Freddie...

Time to Reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac

Red flags were raised at the impending crisis...THEN.

We are paying the price of the idiocy and denial NOW.

Bush indeed...to the OP?

Stow it.

Hmmmm. SO let me get this right. Bush and the experts flew the red flags about the possible collapse in 2005? And the Dem's took power in 2006. And nothing was done obviously regarding the red flags in 2006. Then the collapse occurred in 2008?

Bush warned in 05....Dem's took power in 06 and ignored the warnings....collapse occurred in 2008.

How is this Bush's fault again?

Just read the article. June 20th, 2005. Bush admin warned about possible collapse.

Dem's take power in 2006, ignore warnings, collapse occurs in 2008.

Time to make that link viral.

Hmmmm. SO let me get this right. Bush and the experts flew the red flags about the possible collapse in 2005? And the Dem's took power in 2006. And nothing was done obviously regarding the red flags in 2006. Then the collapse occurred in 2008?

Bush warned in 05....Dem's took power in 06 and ignored the warnings....collapse occurred in 2008.

It wasn't the Democrats fault either, at least no more so than the Republicans.

People should stop looking through political prisms to explain events. There are many reasons why bad things happen that have nothing to do with that other evil political party.

People should stop looking through political prisms to explain events. There are many reasons why bad things happen that have nothing to do with that other evil political party.

Indeed. Certain DemocRATS for denying it...and certain Republicans for not pressing the issue...and to the Media that didn't carry a whole lot of it.

But then the media was still smarting from a Bush Defeat in '05 when they backed John F'ing Kerry.

Yes it was the democrats fault. Look to Freddy and Fanny. When those two giats had to be shored up all hell broke loss. Oh did I mention Freedy and Fanny were democrat pet projects. Why havn't those two been sent before congress since most everybody else has.

Nobody cares about George Bush

Simple not TRUE. The Liberals care deeply about being able to sell the idea that everything is Bush's fault. Their whole reelection plan this November hinges on it.

Thats it in a nut shell. Thats all the democrats have left. The majority of Americans are fed up with the crap.

Yes it was the democrats fault. Look to Freddy and Fanny. When those two giats had to be shored up all hell broke loss. Oh did I mention Freedy and Fanny were democrat pet projects. Why havn't those two been sent before congress since most everybody else has.

There's NO reason that the Federal Gubmint should hold 80% or better of the Housing market in this nation.

NONE whatsoever.

The Democrats lead by Barney Frank in the House and Chris Dodd in the Senate scuttled 3 ATTEMPTS to fix the problem before it collapsed. Twice by Bush, once by McCain. Obviously after 2002 and before 2006 the Republicans abetted it.

it wasn't the democrats fault either, at least no more so than the republicans.

yes it was the democrats fault. Look to freddy and fanny. When those two giats had to be shored up all hell broke loss. Oh did i mention freedy and fanny were democrat pet projects. Why havn't those two been sent before congress since most everybody else has.

there's no reason that the federal gubmint should hold 80% or better of the housing market in this nation.

None whatsoever.
none what so ever.

The Democrats lead by Barney Frank in the House and Chris Dodd in the Senate scuttled 3 ATTEMPTS to fix the problem before it collapsed. Twice by Bush, once by McCain. Obviously after 2002 and before 2006 the Republicans abetted it.

While the banking queen was sleeping with a evil banking ceo.

Nobody cares about George Bush

Simple not TRUE. The Liberals care deeply about being able to sell the idea that everything is Bush's fault. Their whole reelection plan this November hinges on it.

Yeah but liberals are irrelevant in the political spectrum ( see my sig). I say on this blame Bush strategy.....................

go..........go.....go s0ns!!!!

I'll take my chances this November on that with independents and right leaning Dems.........

LOL!
smiley_abzw.gif

BANKINGQUEEN.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwVWXN0Pyq4"]YouTube - ‪Barney (Banking Queen) Frank‬‎[/ame]

LOL!
smiley_abzw.gif

BANKINGQUEEN.jpg

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwVWXN0Pyq4"]YouTube - ‪Barney (Banking Queen) Frank‬‎[/ame]

Bravo :clap2:

Exactly. Follow the money.. from Mozillo and the like to Obama and Barney Frank and other dems. I blame the GOP. McCain whined about it but the Bush admin never prosecuted the dems for the scams. then the system collapsed and the GOP looked like the morons they are. Who is better to vote for skillful crooks or incompetent morons?

Really?

Please explain to me how Fannie and Freddie caused the housing bubbles in Ireland, the UK, Canada, Spain, France, Portugal, South Africa, Singapore, China, etc., almost all of which had bigger housing bubbles than America.

I've yet to hear anyone who has made your claim explain this.

I'll wait patiently. Thanks.

Forum List

Back