Bush and Ohio....

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/politics/3252756/detail.html

I really wish I could go to see this,but I don't think I can get off work.....I really would love my kids to be able to see the President of the United States. Apparently,Ohio is one of 4 or 5 states that are extremely important in the election. Usually,whoever wins Ohio,wins the election. All I know is,there is an awful lot of excitement areound here about this,Bush is pretty popular here.I think theysaid he will also be visiting Cleveland,and Toledo. Just though any Ohioans out there might enjoy the read. Gosh I wish I could go!!!

Originally posted by krisy
http://www.channelcincinnati.com/politics/3252756/detail.html

I really wish I could go to see this,but I don't think I can get off work.....I really would love my kids to be able to see the President of the United States. Apparently,Ohio is one of 4 or 5 states that are extremely important in the election. Usually,whoever wins Ohio,wins the election. All I know is,there is an awful lot of excitement areound here about this,Bush is pretty popular here.I think theysaid he will also be visiting Cleveland,and Toledo. Just though any Ohioans out there might enjoy the read. Gosh I wish I could go!!!

*Sigh*I know how you feel, I wish I could've seen him when he was in PA too, but I bet he'll be back.

Bush really wants us Pennsylvanians on his side:)

Mu hubby and I are sitting here trying to think of a way to get there. I don't know what time he will be speaking,but i swore I'd go see him next time he came to Cincy. Is Pennsylvania usually a Conservative state in the election? Ohio is almost all the time. I was soooo ashamed when Clinton won over Dole here though.

Mu hubby and I are sitting here trying to think of a way to get there. I don't know what time he will be speaking,but i swore I'd go see him next time he came to Cincy. Is Pennsylvania usually a Conservative state in the election? Ohio is almost all the time. I was soooo ashamed when Clinton won over Dole here though.

Sadly we can waver either way, but Gore won us in 2000, I was SO ashamed.

And a liberal PA Senator just beat a REAL conservative one as well.

Despite these shitty ocurrances, I believe Bush will carry us in November.

Latest PA poll:
Bush:45%
Kerry:39%

Southwest Ohio is usually pretty solid GOP country (well, Butler & Hamilton counties, anyway). There's an old saying about "preaching to the choir", but I don't buy it. Sometimes, the choir needs refreshment , too.

Lebanon is a neat old town; friendly people, lots of history. If you and the family ever get a lazy day ( good luck) I recommend going up there, hanging out, seeing the sights, maybe enjoy a train ride.

Originally posted by Gop guy
Sadly we can waver either way, but Gore won us in 2000, I was SO ashamed.

And a liberal PA Senator just beat a REAL conservative one as well.

Despite these shitty ocurrances, I believe Bush will carry us in November.

Latest PA poll:
Bush:45%
Kerry:39%
The latest Pew Poll has the race at 42% and 42% in PA.

Link

The problem is philly and a pandering Dem as Governor, Fast Eddie Rendell. I hope that the recent primary showed us that many PA's are ready for a change.

Originally posted by musicman
Southwest Ohio is usually pretty solid GOP country (well, Butler & Hamilton counties, anyway). There's an old saying about "preaching to the choir", but I don't buy it. Sometimes, the choir needs refreshment , too.

Lebanon is a neat old town; friendly people, lots of history. If you and the family ever get a lazy day ( good luck) I recommend going up there, hanging out, seeing the sights, maybe enjoy a train ride.

We have been up there before, When my son was in preschool,we took a field trip up there and had a train ride and ate out. It was fun.
I was talking to a friend I work with who lives in Lebonan,and her cousin is head of the Republican party up there or something.She said he was able to get her to meet Dole when he was there and she got a picture. I told her we wanted to go and she said she probably was if she could get out of work too,and see what she could do for us about getting a good spot to see him. I would be so excited just to see him in person and my son to be able to see him. My daughter is only 3,but I can always tell her when she is older.

Krisy, try hard to get off work. I was only a preschooler when my parents hired a babysitter so they could go to York Community High School to hear JFK speak: http://www.jfklink.com/speeches/jfk/oct60/jfk251060_elmhurst.html

That brought home to my brother and I just how important elections were. We are both very active in politics, though for different parties. :rolleyes:

It really doesn't matter which way the politics flow, it's that you demonstrate the seriousness of the subject. Too many kids are growing up without parents, much less an example of citizens.

Looks like I may get to go. My friend called and I'm geting ready to call her back. The details until noe have been very scarce. Jen is a manager at work and arranged for someone to come in for me and everything if I want to go. Let you all know-I will be so excited if I get to.

Forum List

Back