Bush agreement made bin Laden raid possible

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Who would have thought of this?

Too bad no one in this forum ever thought that the protests from Pakistan and the claim that Obama was worried about Pakistani retaliation made no sense.

Oh wait, I did say that.

The US and Pakistan struck a secret deal almost a decade ago permitting a US operation against Osama bin Laden on Pakistani soil similar to last week's raid that killed the al-Qaida leader, the Guardian has learned.The deal was struck between the military leader General Pervez Musharraf and President George Bush after Bin Laden escaped US forces in the mountains of Tora Bora in late 2001, according to serving and retired Pakistani and US officials.
Under its terms, Pakistan would allow US forces to conduct a unilateral raid inside Pakistan in search of Bin Laden, his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and the al-Qaida No3. Afterwards, both sides agreed, Pakistan would vociferously protest the incursion.
"There was an agreement between Bush and Musharraf that if we knew where Osama was, we were going to come and get him," said a former senior US official with knowledge of counterterrorism operations. "The Pakistanis would put up a hue and cry, but they wouldn't stop us."

Osama bin Laden mission agreed in secret 10 years ago by US and Pakistan | World news | The Guardian

For everyone who doubted me, I told you so.

remember when Bush was President? the USA was wealthy and working........

democrats call our new poverty and homelessness "progressive"?

Like Europe

you know.....

:cuckoo:

Seems like it was a reasonable deal to me. Glad President Bush made it. And I am glad President Obama had the chance to exercise our rights in the deal.

SO much for the whole "the US invaded Pakistan's sovereignty" thing.

Good find QW.

Which is why I always qualified my statements about that with believing what the government was saying. We really do not need a serious diplomatic incident with Pakistan over bin Laden, and I doubt any US president would really risk one.

Wow, Bush made an agreement.

If Bush had the intel, which right wingers are saying he did.

AND

If Bush had the permission,

Then the only question left

IS

Now wait for it.

Let the

ANTICI

PATION

Build.

Why didn't he just go ahead and get Bin Laden?

Oops.

Remember when stupid idiot Bush tricked all those democrat intellectuals into voting to invade Iraq?

That was weird.

they all fell for it.

Wait? are democrats to gullible to lead?

AND

IS

Now wait for it.

Let the

ANTICI

PATION

Build.

Oops.

Bush had part of the intel, the rest came later.

Want to try again?

AND

IS

Now wait for it.

Let the

ANTICI

PATION

Build.

Oops.

Rdean isa great example of the point I have been trying to make the last two weeks. Great job deany

AND

IS

Now wait for it.

Let the

ANTICI

PATION

Build.

Oops.

Because, in order to go ahead and get Bin Laden you have to know where he is. I would think that would be obvious to anyone else. But apparently extreme partisans are blind to the completely obvious

Remember when stupid idiot Bush tricked all those democrat intellectuals into voting to invade Iraq?

That was weird.

they all fell for it.

Wait? are democrats to gullible to lead?

No, actually most Democrats voted against the Iraq war.

The funniest thing about this thread? That the crackpot internet Right is so diligently trying to build a palatable myth about the killing of Bin Laden that they can soothe their own brains with,

but,

no one in the real world cares.

Too bad no one in this forum ever thought that the protests from Pakistan and the claim that Obama was worried about Pakistani retaliation made no sense.

Oh wait, I did say that.

The US and Pakistan struck a secret deal almost a decade ago permitting a US operation against Osama bin Laden on Pakistani soil similar to last week's raid that killed the al-Qaida leader, the Guardian has learned.The deal was struck between the military leader General Pervez Musharraf and President George Bush after Bin Laden escaped US forces in the mountains of Tora Bora in late 2001, according to serving and retired Pakistani and US officials.
Under its terms, Pakistan would allow US forces to conduct a unilateral raid inside Pakistan in search of Bin Laden, his deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri, and the al-Qaida No3. Afterwards, both sides agreed, Pakistan would vociferously protest the incursion.
"There was an agreement between Bush and Musharraf that if we knew where Osama was, we were going to come and get him," said a former senior US official with knowledge of counterterrorism operations. "The Pakistanis would put up a hue and cry, but they wouldn't stop us."

Osama bin Laden mission agreed in secret 10*years ago by US and Pakistan | World news | The Guardian

So...

1. the people on the Right who attacked Obama in 2008 for saying he'd go after targets inside Pakistan were full of shit.

2. the people on the Right who are now saying Obama violated Pakistan's 'sovereignty' are also full of shit.

...and in all likelihood, some of you morons qualified for BOTH full of shittednesses.:lol::lol:

weird.

I remember Hillary, Kerry, and 96% of democrats voting to send our troops to war, then try to defund the war and leave them their to die.

But I didnt get a noble peace prize while increasing three wars either, so I guess I am not Democrat smart.

AND

IS

Now wait for it.

Let the

ANTICI

PATION

Build.

Oops.

Because, in order to go ahead and get Bin Laden you have to know where he is. I would think that would be obvious to anyone else. But apparently extreme partisans are blind to the completely obvious

But

But

but

but

but

according to the right wing, Bush HAD the intel.

So did he?

Or didn't he?

And why disband the CIA unit that was dedicated to getting Bin Laden?

Oops.

weird.

I remember Hillary, Kerry, and 96% of democrats voting to send our troops to war, then try to defund the war and leave them their to die.

But I didnt get a noble peace prize while increasing three wars either, so I guess I am not Democrat smart.

You fucking piece of shit. That's slander and not true. And learn to fucking spell pisshead.

In fact, who knew that Republicans could be such scum they would mislead the country just so companies could go to Iraq and make a few extra bucks? Democrats were gullible for trusting Republicans. That is something I have to agree with. Who knew the damage Republicans are willing to do to this country?

Worse, Bush and the Republicans sent the troops off with old equipment. I remember when families sent body armor to soldiers in Iraq. Republicans were too fucking cheap to buy. They had something better to spend the money on, tax breaks for rich people. You can't deny that.

Worse, when soldiers were welding any metal they could find on those flimsy vehicles Republicans saddled our soldiers with, the soldiers were threatened with court martial.

Why are Republicans spending time on this anyway? Don't they have corporations and rich people to pander too? Don't they have some company to apologize too? Don't they have some school lunch program to end? Don't they have some elderly to throw under the bus? Take credit for those. Don't try to take credit for something a president who you said is "soft on terrorism" did. It makes you look ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh wait, I did say that.

Osama bin Laden mission agreed in secret 10*years ago by US and Pakistan | World news | The Guardian

So...

1. the people on the Right who attacked Obama in 2008 for saying he'd go after targets inside Pakistan were full of shit.

2. the people on the Right who are now saying Obama violated Pakistan's 'sovereignty' are also full of shit.

...and in all likelihood, some of you morons qualified for BOTH full of shittednesses.:lol::lol:

there are people on the left saying the same things....but i know you never bother yourself with facts because only righties are bad

AND

IS

Now wait for it.

Let the

ANTICI

PATION

Build.

Oops.

But

But

but

but

but

according to the right wing, Bush HAD the intel.

So did he?

Or didn't he?

And why disband the CIA unit that was dedicated to getting Bin Laden?

Oops.

cite where someone said bush had the intel on exactly where osama was.

i do not recall that ever being said. i believe you're making it up because you can't find anything valid to bash the right with in this thread. you can't bash the actual agreement, so you make stuff up.

Forum List

Back