Bush Accomplishments

spillmind

Sep 1, 2003
Palo Alto, Ca.
#1 - Record for most bankruptcies filed in a single year (1.57 million) set in 2002.

#1 - Set record for biggest two-year point drop in the history of the stock market during the first half of a presidential term.

$200 billion - Approximate aggregate amount of state budget gaps in the past three years, the highest figure since WWII.

1.6 - Percentage increase in economic growth since Bush took office, the slowest rate of increase over the equivalent period for any administration in 20 years.

58 million - Number of acres of public lands Bush as opened to road building, logging and drilling.

200+ - Number of public-health and environmental laws Bush has worked to downgrade or weaken since taking office.

2.4 million - Number of Americans who lost their jobs during the first two and a half years of the Bush administration. (today 'unemployment stands at ~5.7%. this doesn't count those that gave up looking for work, which would push that figure to about 7.6%)

#1 - The administration is well on its way to being the first since Herbert Hoover's to preside over an overall loss of jobs during its complete term in office.

0 - Number of Bush Court of Appeals nominees who have endorsed the legal foundation of Roe vs. Wade.

#1 - Has assembled the wealthiest cabinet in U.S. history.

$10.9 million - Average wealth of the members of Bush's 16-person Cabinet.

$42,000 - Average savings members of Bush's Cabinet are expected to receive this year as a result of cuts in capital-gains and dividends taxes.

$42,228 - Median household income in the U.S. in 2001.

$116,000 - Amount Vice President Dick Cheney is expected to save each year in taxes.

9 - Number of members of Bush's Defense Policy Board who also sit on the corporate board of, or advice, at least one defense contractor.

43.6 million - Number of Americans without health insurance as of 2002.

$300 million - Amount cut in December 2002 from the federal program that provides subsidies to poor families so they can heat their homes during the winter.

#1 - First American president to ignore the Geneva Convention on warfare (by refusing to allow inspectors access to U.S.-held prisoners of war).

let me guess! :D blame it ALL on clinton! :tinfoil:

pay no attention to the chimp on the tele!

Gee Spilly ,
It smells like you have been hanging around that commondreams site , or did you get that stench from moveon .

Originally posted by spillmind
#1 - Record for most bankruptcies filed in a single year (1.57 million) set in 2002.

#1 - Set record for biggest two-year point drop in the history of the stock market during the first half of a presidential term.

Recession + 9/11, two events completely out of the President's control.

$200 billion - Approximate aggregate amount of state budget gaps in the past three years, the highest figure since WWII.

You're blaming the President for that?

1.6 - Percentage increase in economic growth since Bush took office, the slowest rate of increase over the equivalent period for any administration in 20 years.

What is it on pace to do since last year this time?

58 million - Number of acres of public lands Bush as opened to road building, logging and drilling.

So? Should we be dependent on other nations for our lumber and oil when we have those resources in abundance right here?

2.4 million - Number of Americans who lost their jobs during the first two and a half years of the Bush administration. (today 'unemployment stands at ~5.7%. this doesn't count those that gave up looking for work, which would push that figure to about 7.6%)

As noted in another thread, this is the standard way in which unemployment is measured. Should I be surprised that you to want to change the rules when it's convenient to do so?

#1 - The administration is well on its way to being the first since Herbert Hoover's to preside over an overall loss of jobs during its complete term in office.

We'll see.

0 - Number of Bush Court of Appeals nominees who have endorsed the legal foundation of Roe vs. Wade.

Good. On the other hand I'm sure every one of them has agreed to uphold the law of the land and not level decrees from the bench as they see fit.

#1 - Has assembled the wealthiest cabinet in U.S. history.

Did you adjust for inflation?

$10.9 million - Average wealth of the members of Bush's 16-person Cabinet.

Which would make John Kerry richer than all of them combined.

$116,000 - Amount Vice President Dick Cheney is expected to save each year in taxes.

How much did he pay in taxes?

43.6 million - Number of Americans without health insurance as of 2002.

It isn't the responsibility of the Federal Government to pay for your health insurance (I know I've said this before, and I know you don't care)

on the health issurance issue. The government already has health benefits for those who cant afford it. its illegal for a hospital to turn down treatment to the poor.

Why the push for universal medicare then? Why do we need to pay for the health insurance of John Kerry, Rush Limbaugh, Bill gates and other wealthy people who can pay for their own?

Great post spill. I love it when Republicans try to cover up Bush's environmental record by playing the "less dependence on foreign sources of energy" card. That's no excuse for allowing our national parks and forests to be clear cut, strip mined, and drilled in.

Is the president to blame for the economy? Not entirely. Is he to blame for doing nothing to help? absolutely.

Here are a couple more accomplishments

2 - the number of countries invaded by Bush

0 - the amount of times Osama Bin Laden has been caught

0 - the number of Weapons of Mass Destruction found in Iraq

acludem

You know, I have this theory. If George Bush was really interested in decreasing our dependency on foreign oil, I imagine that he would be more forceful in his advocation of research into renewable energy. You know, instead of the pathetic window dressing that W likes to point out when confronted with this subject. Just a thought. :)

I think there are a few guys that fight forest fires that might have something to say about cutting fire roads and breaks to slow down the out of control fires of the last few years , but the tree worshipers would rather see them all burn than cut a few . I have worked a few forest fires , those guys need all of the help that they can get . Lack of access causes more trees and possibly firefighters and homes to burn . I would think you would be more sensitive to forest fires since you live in the state that was devastated by them last year spillmind.

All this post is, is a cheap copy of the Bush Resume floating around. Out of the loop a bit, are ya Spilly? That resume has been discredited, point for point, in at least two other threads in this forum alone, along with on snopes.

Welcome to the present. :rolleyes:

Oh spillmind and acludem ,
I've asked this question before but have never recieved an answer, as enlightened as both of you are maybe you could provide me with one .
If the Bush Administration decided to collectively lie about the presence of WMDs in Iraq , why wouldn't they have made sure they would find some by planting them in country ? With all of the confusion during the initial attack it would seem pretty simple for them to have done so . They had to know that no matter how successful an action against Saddam was , there would have to be questions from the "blame America first" asswipes . Are we supposed to believe that they would plan such an elaborate conspiracy without having back up knowing that they were making it all up?
I bet you guys are experts at Monday morning quarterbacking during football season . How exactly is it fair to say that the Administration should have known about the attack when very few of the hijackers themselves knew that they were about to be murdered by the few that pulled this crap off.
Sorry to put questions to you that haven't been addressed on commondreams or moveon , give Mickey Moore a call , I'm sure you could get some kind of bull shit out of him if you can get him to stop stuffing it down his throat for a few seconds. Not that I have anything against fat , slimey , disgusting pigs that lie for a living like he does , I'm sure he's a great guy in person if you're a child molester .

Originally posted by Syntax_Divinity
You know, I have this theory. If George Bush was really interested in decreasing our dependency on foreign oil, I imagine that he would be more forceful in his advocation of research into renewable energy. You know, instead of the pathetic window dressing that W likes to point out when confronted with this subject. Just a thought. :)

just a theory, but why do you think gas prices are so high? granted, OPEC is cutting production so they can extort more cash from us, but theres not alot of pressure from the white house to deal with OPEC on this issue. Can anyone say ANWR?????

Here's a little historical background for you. The facts are not always right, but it's quite interesting.

--------------------
The following appeared in a local paper as a letter to the editor, in response to Bush being "the worst President in history."

-----
Some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One person recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history.

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember. It was started by terrorists on 9/11. Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has
liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this
abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Recession out of his control I'll give him, but 9/11? Not according to the commission.

The Commission is a witchhunt. Nothing will come of it. It's a big election year show.

If the Bush Administration decided to collectively lie about the presence of WMDs in Iraq , why wouldn't they have made sure they would find some by planting them in country ?
:tinfoil: i guess the presence of foreign troops poses a barrier? besides, if he had them, i've no doubt he would have used them, no?

How exactly is it fair to say that the Administration should have known about the attack when very few of the hijackers themselves knew that they were about to be murdered by the few that pulled this crap off.
there is this guy named clarke that spells this out in a first hand account. of course no one here will listen, hence your question.

Sorry to put questions to you that haven't been addressed on commondreams or moveon
you're not sorry. :D

you'd better believe it! to be in the running is an honor in itself. and you are voting for him. that's just sad. :(

Recession + 9/11, two events completely out of the President's control.
it's been three + years. it's about time we start holding this tax slasher accountable for some of it!

its illegal for a hospital to turn down treatment to the poor.
gee, maybe you haven't noticed all the emergency rooms that provide health care to the masses that are CLOSING DOWN? come to california, where our budget has been decimated.

i gotta admit, i admire all the non-elected chimp's fans defending his warped idealogical cause despite his horrendous record. i think people are republican because they are either christian or think that somehow, someday, it's going to make them wealthy :rolleyes: oh, maybe they live in constant fear of the big bad arab bogeyman. KILL THEM ALL! sheesh.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
Here's a little historical background for you. The facts are not always right, but it's quite interesting.

--------------------
The following appeared in a local paper as a letter to the editor, in response to Bush being "the worst President in history."

-----
Some claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One person recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history.

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember. It was started by terrorists on 9/11. Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims.

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent.
Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has
liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this
abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Wasn't this put up in another thread? seems I remember debunking the vietnam and kennedy stuff.

Originally posted by spillmind
:tinfoil: i guess the presence of foreign troops poses a barrier? besides, if he had them, i've no doubt he would have used them, no?]

Is this really your answer. . . I guess I was right about that commondreams,moveon comment . Pathetic , did you get Mickey Moore to help you with this?

[ there is this guy named clarke that spells this out in a first hand account. of course no one here will listen, hence your question.]

Oh that's right , Clarke . . . . a lot of credibility there , how many books has he sold on this tour ?

[you're not sorry. :D]

I am sorry that you would depend on these rediculously weak web sites to get your warped opinions. I am also sorry that you feel a need to call our President a chimp , My guess is that his education level is well above your creative writing classes , what does that make you?

It is sad that you are still living in that delusional world of the ignorant , the world that believes that algore won anything . If you guys had so much confidence in his ability , what happened to him , why aren't you running him?
Why are you running that lightweight attorney ? Your party is handing President Bush a mandate , that has to scare the crap out of you .
By the way , that marriage license in invalid , rip it up .:funnyface :gay:

The oil companies profits are the highest in 20 years thats all that matters for now, is what he means because nothing else is the best

Originally posted by Robert111
The oil companies profits are the highest in 20 years thats all that matters for now, is what he means because nothing else is the best

The best is always the best.

Forum List

Back