Bush a bad president

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
ty·rant ( P ) Pronunciation Key (trnt)

1. An absolute ruler who governs without restrictions.
2. A ruler who exercises power in a harsh, cruel manner.
3. An oppressive, harsh, arbitrary person.

note RWA, it specifically refers to an absolute ruler, a ruler who exercises power, whereas your definition of terrorist refers to a person or a group of people, therefore its only proper and correct to use tyrant when referring to leaders of governments/countries and terrorist when referring to individuals or groups who are not recognized legitimate leaders of nations.

write to websters if you'd like to rewrite the dictionary.

BS, both words are applicable. Your "big point" is stupid and ancillary.

Nor would it change the history of the United States Government.

Its not mincing words jim, its using some of your detailed arguments that now work against you instead of for you.

Oh really. I didn't notice.

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. I used your own 'exact and specific' arguments against you to prove you wrong but you're still unwilling to accept it.

plain and simple, you two are wrong. end of story

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. I used your own 'exact and specific' arguments against you to prove you wrong but you're still unwilling to accept it.

You Rule DK!:ali:

If a tyrant is a single person. (Saddam)

And a terrorist would have to lead an organization. (" Elite Guard")

Then Saddam fits both definitions.

Dk, by your defination...a tyrant is not able to be a terrorist at the same time.....I must not be getting enough sleep.....tyrant, a person who rule with an iron fist....terrorist....a PERSON, or group...please explain how one person can NOT be both a tyrant and a terrorist....by this standard OBL is not either one..he was not flying the plane....:rolleyes:

You are correct, it is pathetic, only it's not me that the joke is on! :laugh:

Hell, even the very administration that vowed to remove him from power referred to him and his cohorts as a "terrorist regime".

He meets the definitions. He performed the acts required. He WAS a terrorist.

oh yes, just one more time the 'I'm right, you're wrong' defense wins. jokes on me i guess :rolleyes:

Now click your heels together 3 times and say to yourself "Saddam terrorized people, that makes him a terrorist" over and over. Soon you'll be relaxing back in reality.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,46241,00.html
http://www.infowars.com/saved%20pag...t_bin_laden.htm

That is really sad. Did you guys even stop to think for a second about who Mr. Ijaz is or from what country he was representing?

First, all of this is based entirely off of what Ijaz says. He is not credible, pure and simple, he had business interests in Sudan and I'm sure he thought being on national news wouldn't hurt his business intrests either.

Secondly, its desputed whether the sudanese even offered the deal, and even if they did, they were a terrorist nation and couldn't be trusted. Also, since when does the US deal with terrorists and why was the mediator of the deal a citizen and not a gov't representative?

Thirdly, the sudanese liked bin Laden. He was contributing to public works inside the country and he shared their beliefs.

Lastly, it is well known that the sudanese were trying to open some new doors, but it is highly doubtful that they would make any real changes and even more unlikely that they would hand bin Laden over to the US.

Forum List

Back