Percentage ....... 50.7%........ 48.3%

.........................Barack Obama....... Mitt Romney
Electoral vote... 332.......... .......206
States carried... 26 + DC.......... .......24
Popular vote ..... 61,772,396[2]..... 58,548,457[2]
Percentage....... 50.5%[2] .......... 47.9%[2]

United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Presidential Election Landslides

What constitutes a landslide? Let us see where you stand. I know Ronald Reagan only won 50.7% of the popular vote in 1980.

Dante
:cool:
dD

Does only a landslide constitute a mandate for a President?

:eusa_shhh:

Last edited:
Bush claims mandate, sets 2nd-term goals / 'I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it'

Read more: Bush claims mandate, sets 2nd-term goals / 'I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it' - SFGate

--------------

An Obama mandate? The pundits don't agree, with themselves

and you? Do you agree with yourself?

A bunch of pundits renewed a quadrennial tradition that might be called Mandate Derangement Syndrome.

Weekly Standard editor and frequent Fox News contributor Fred Barnes played the game this week. He brushed aside President Obama’s 2-percentage-point, 3-million-vote (and counting, with many votes in Democratic-friendly California still to be counted) victory over Republican Mitt Romney as hollow. Obama, Barnes said, is a “man with no plan and no mandate.”

Funny, because he felt quite differently when President George W. Bush won reelection in 2004. The same Barnes declared the Republican’s win a “3-point landslide,” adding: “I think he's got a mandate. And what is a mandate? A mandate is just that you won by talking about certain issues, and you will pursue them afterward.”
Barnes’ pal from Fox’s nightly “Special Report,” Charles Krauthammer, faces a small consistency gap, too.

In 2004, he noted that Bush had gotten to 50% of the vote, “unusual in our time.... And [when] you expand your representation in the House and the Senate, in an election where the president ran on the record and on the stuff he says he's going to do in the future, you've got a mandate.”

Flash to 2012, conservative stalwart Krauthammer considered the Obama win as slightly less meaningful. Though the president also secured more than half the popular vote and saw his party gain seats in both the House and Senate, the syndicated columnist scowled. Krauthammer, on Fox News: "He's got no mandate."

Last edited:
And Now, A Word From Charles "laugh2:

“I think one thing he might do if it's not Simpson-Bowles would be to offer the Treasury to Romney. I'm sure he would probably turn it down but it would be the ultimate gesture. I don't think it will happen. I agree John Kerry will probably end up at secretary of State. But I must say that my sources in the Obama White House have been rather quiet since January 2009.”

-- Charles Krauthammer on “Special Report with Bret Baier.”

Read more: Republican Soul Searching Probably Mostly Pointless | Fox News

The people have mandated the Republicans to control the checkbook once again.

Charles Krauthammer:

When a President runs for reelection and gets "50% of the vote" It's “unusual in our time.... And [when] you expand your representation in the House and the Senate, in an election where the president ran on the record and on the stuff he says he's going to do in the future, you've got a mandate.” - Charles Krauthammer

Charles Krauthammer:

When a President runs for reelection and gets "50% of the vote" It's “unusual in our time.... And [when] you expand your representation in the House and the Senate, in an election where the president ran on the record and on the stuff he says he's going to do in the future, you've got a mandate.” - Charles Krauthammer

The '10 election was a clear mandate by the American people to put a check on Obama's radicalism.

And that team was re-elected by the America people.

Hoping that helps you understand why Obama must do as he is told.

Charles Krauthammer:

The '10 election was a clear mandate by the American people to put a check on Obama's radicalism.

2010 = scare tactics and fear. Lies about Obamacare. So what has come true about the 2010 accusations about Obamacare?

:lol:

2014 will probably be more like 2006, and 2008, and 2012, than 2010 -- meaning the right wing will overstep again :eusa_shhh:

Charles Krauthammer:

2010 = scare tactics and fear. Lies about Obamacare. So what has come true about the 2010 accusations about Obamacare?

2014 will probably be more like 2006, and 2008, and 2012, than 2010 -- meaning the right wing will overstep again :eusa_shhh:

2010 accusations about Maobamacare, can you say higher taxes on the middle class, can you say higher insurance cost, can you say higher over all medical cost and my very favorite, can you say less liberty for Americans. I could go on but not for you.

2010 accusations about Maobamacare, can you say higher taxes on the middle class, can you say higher insurance cost, can you say higher over all medical cost and my very favorite, can you say less liberty for Americans. I could go on but not for you.

Less liberty? :lol: You fear freedom and liberty. You don't even live in a bubble of your own making. Frank Luntz has some news for you....

hold on...

Luntz: Fox Viewers "Ought To Be Outraged B/C, Day In And Day Out, They Were Lied To

Obama mandate
Bush 2004/Obama 2012: Second Term Mandates

............................Bush........ Kerry

Electoral vote... 286........ 251[2]

States carried ... 31........ 19 + DC

Popular vote..... 62,040,610........ 59,028,444

Percentage ....... 50.7%........ 48.3%

.........................Barack Obama....... Mitt Romney
Electoral vote... 332.......... .......206
States carried... 26 + DC.......... .......24
Popular vote ..... 61,772,396[2]..... 58,548,457[2]
Percentage....... 50.5%[2] .......... 47.9%[2]

United States presidential election, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Presidential Election Landslides

What constitutes a landslide? Let us see where you stand. I know Ronald Reagan only won 50.7% of the popular vote in 1980.

Dante
:cool:
dD

Does only a landslide constitute a mandate for a President?

:eusa_shhh:

Obama mandate

Forum List

Back