Bush 171 - Obama 15

I would be fine with it, as pointed out it is a power of the president and they all use them.
But I thought Obama had problems with it?
‘Obama’s Recess Threat’ The Washington Independent

But by this point mentioning that Obama opposed policies he now champions happens so often no one cares.
The biggest hypocrite on the planet, Barack Hussein Obama.

That's actually my problem with it too. Not that he did it but that he said he wouldn't use these tactics. Just once, I'd like him to act like the 'Mr Clean' he said he was.

Oh, and rdean - with his usual lack of intellect - compares 8 years of Bush (171 appointees) with 18 months of Obama (15 appointees). As always, rdean manages to demonstrate his partisan hackery. Just sayin'.

misterclean1.png

(Image: EIB )

This thread in violation of USMB Rule 17a, Section 8, Article 14, Part 1, Paragraph 6

USMB Rule 17a-8.14:

A post cannot site an action or policy of President Bush as a means of excusing an action or policy of President Obama.

The penalty for violation of this rule: someone will post the word "BOOOOOOSH!" in the thread.

This thread is also in violation of USMB Rule 416g, Section 4, Article 21, Part 6, Paragraph 2

USMB Rule 416g-4.21:

One cannot criticize the past actions of the opposition as a means of showing the hypocrisy of the opposition in criticizing your sides actions.

The penalty for violation of this rule: you will be criticized for complaining about the past actions of the opposition, while not complaining about the current actions of your side.

Federal Eye - Obama issues 15 recess appointments

Once again, Republicans are freaking out that Obama is having his appointments passed while congress it on vacation. Calling it "dirty tactics" and "unfair" and "sneaky".

Something they did 171 times during the time Bush was president.

You have got to stop complaining about stuff you had no problem with when you were doing it.
How does it feel to have voted for a man who emulates George Bush right down to using a tactic that you complained about not 2 years ago.

Kind of makes you a Bush supporter in My view.

do the math, honey.

Obama...less than one a month.

Bush... nearly two a month

duh

Shhhhhhhh......you are not allowed to talk about Bush. They are being hypocritical again. They apparently were FOR recess appointments before they were against them.

Actually we've been against hypocrisy the whole time. Like criticizing an action of the president while you're a candidate and then doing the exact same thing once in office.
I haven't seen anyone from the conservative side post that they were against recess appointments.

Shhhhhhhh......you are not allowed to talk about Bush. They are being hypocritical again. They apparently were FOR recess appointments before they were against them.

Actually we've been against hypocrisy the whole time. Like criticizing an action of the president while you're a candidate and then doing the exact same thing once in office.
I haven't seen anyone from the conservative side post that they were against recess appointments.

if you could find one single post by ME on any message board complaining about recess appointments, that would be real nice.

And the point is: republican senators... who one would assume were on the conservative side...have indeed complained about Obama's use of recess appointments.

what about the fact that one of these guys was refused by the senate? and for the record, I was against them before I was against them. :cool:

What about it? Does is set a precedent or something?

Nope, doesn't set a precedent. The first recess appointment was a Supreme Court Justice that was rejected by congress, then installed as a recess appointment.

By President George Washington.

Federal Eye - Obama issues 15 recess appointments

Once again, Republicans are freaking out that Obama is having his appointments passed while congress it on vacation. Calling it "dirty tactics" and "unfair" and "sneaky".

Something they did 171 times during the time Bush was president.

You have got to stop complaining about stuff you had no problem with when you were doing it.

Obama = Bush III

Go Team Bush!

Forum List

Back