Burris Pt II - The revenge of Blagojavich....

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
It seems that yesterday, Senator Burris (you know.....the one that said he had no ties to Blagojavich), has been caught on tape talking about making campaign contributions to a relative of Blowjob Bitch.

Yesterday he denied it.......

Today, he's admitting it, but still is not going to resign........

Wonder if he's going to be able to stay in the Senate?

Blajo is the one who sent this guy to Washington even when he was about to get impeached. How can a guy of Blajo stature make the decision. Why didn't the people of Illinois vote? We allow Blajo to make the decision over the people? Reminds me of government making our decision. Because people like sealybobo can't think for himself and needs to be inform what to think of next.

It seems that yesterday, Senator Burris (you know.....the one that said he had no ties to Blagojavich), has been caught on tape talking about making campaign contributions to a relative of Blowjob Bitch.

Yesterday he denied it.......

Today, he's admitting it, but still is not going to resign........

Wonder if he's going to be able to stay in the Senate?

He should get out of there and NOW. He helped raise money for Blago... he was asked numerous time to contribute to Blago... and he LIED about it under oath.

Time to skeedaddle.

Blajo is the one who sent this guy to Washington even when he was about to get impeached. How can a guy of Blajo stature make the decision. Why didn't the people of Illinois vote? We allow Blajo to make the decision over the people? Reminds me of government making our decision. Because people like sealybobo can't think for himself and needs to be inform what to think of next.

1. blago hadn't been impeached yet at the time of the appointment.
2. he was legally, if not morally, permitted to make the appointment.
3. he stuck it to the dems and left us with this guy whom everyone KNEW shouldn't have been appointed and probably can't win a senate race in 2010.
4. blago's gone now (yay!)
5. and this guy will be next... I hope he sets the record for shortest senate term.

3. he stuck it to the dems and left us with this guy whom everyone KNEW shouldn't have been appointed and probably can't win a senate race in 2010.
5. and this guy will be next... I hope he sets the record for shortest senate term.

Gotta hand it to ya', Jillian... when you're right, you're right! This guy's nothing better than scum.

Gotta hand it to ya', Jillian... when you're right, you're right! This guy's nothing better than scum.

How many Democrats do you think there were that had no association with Blago? He was the governor, wasn't he? I'm just curious if any of you can come up with a couple names of potentials Blago could have looked at that didn't have any association with him at all.

Maybe we should take a look at the appointment of Hillary's replacement, Kirsten Gillibrand. She did fundraising for a lot of people in New York.

Kirsten Gillibrand, Like Chuck Schumer With Connections | The New York Observer

You will find this to be true of almost every politician out there. They have political ties; they do fundraising for many different people. It's how they get ahead; it's part of what they do. These politicians against Burris are all just grandstanding. Most people would suspect that half of them are dirty themselves.

How many Democrats do you think there were that had no association with Blago? He was the governor, wasn't he? I'm just curious if any of you can come up with a couple names of potentials Blago could have looked at that didn't have any association with him at all.

Maybe we should take a look at the appointment of Hillary's replacement, Kirsten Gillibrand. She did fundraising for a lot of people in New York.

Kirsten Gillibrand, Like Chuck Schumer With Connections | The New York Observer

You will find this to be true of almost every politician out there. They have political ties; they do fundraising for many different people. It's how they get ahead; it's part of what they do. These politicians against Burris are all just grandstanding. Most people would suspect that half of them are dirty themselves.

it's not about "association", it's about him lying about being approached to pay. if he said no and got the senate seat, anyway, all he had to do was say so.

i have no problem with looking at Gillibrand. I thought it was a pretty bizarre appointment... and he ticked off the Kennedy's to do it. But truth is that anyone even peripherally involved in politics has either contributed to campaigns, or carried petitions or put in time volunteering at county. It isn't and shouldn't be the standard for questioning political appointments. Even someone peripheral could end up reading an article talking about their "associations".... it might be factually correct, but that wouldn't necessarily make it true or accurate.

Burress is going down because he lied. If Gillibrand gave a quid pro quo for the appointment, she and Paterson will go down too.

S'okay. Paterson isn't long for the governorship either. Right now, Andy Cuomo is polling about 40 points ahead of him.

When are we finally going to admit that the system we have for funding political parties will INEVITABLY give us governments rife with corrupted pols?

This system not only encourages corruption it makes it absolutely necessary to attain office.

And at the root of this problem is the Supreme court decision that

MONEY = FREE SPEECH.
Additionally, I believe that the number of representative in Congress was limited to 456 also inevitably leads to a situation where LEGAL BRIBERY (AKA political campaign contributions) is the standard operating procedure.

Let me alos add that the fact that most POLS caught up in scandals where they were selling the American people out for personal gain are treated with such consideration that they have very little to worry about even if they get caught.

We ought to completely rethink our poltical system, we ought to change it such that campaigns could ONLY take a very limited contribution from their OWN consitutents (no corporations, no unions, no PACS) and anyone who accepts contributions above that limit, should be hanged for treason, and the bribers likewise should be stripped of every cent they have and hanged as well.

We have elevated bribery of public officials to an art form, folks.

We have created the myth that this system has something to do with free speech when in face this system has everything to do with giving CAPITAL enormous influence, and the people virtually NONE at all.

Watched Burris earlier on the news today. Never saw someone backpedal, stammer and tapdance like he did.

Almost reminded me of a minstrel show.

Forum List

Back