Burqas and Driving a Car

I agree with the French.

(holy crap)

Shocking! Who knew the French could be smart?

And in related, but opposite (in many ways) 'human rights' example,

"Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'"

Read more: Judge says Asbo ruling on low-slung trousers would 'breach human rights' | Mail Online

Although the guy's 'sense of style' is lacking, IMO, as long as his butt is covered, I don't really care. If his butt wasn't covered, I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit in a seat he was occupying in public. I like my hygiene. The only thing his 'style' is doing to me is allowing me to think he has no taste.

The driver, however, is a hazard to my property and my personal safety, and that of all other drivers on the road.

I agree with the French.

(holy crap)

"Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'"

Read more: Judge says Asbo ruling on low-slung trousers would 'breach human rights' | Mail Online

Form the same article;
Ellis Drummond, 18, a violent offender and drug user, faced a ban on the clothing because he was considered to be wearing it in an ‘intimidatory manner’.

‘intimidatory manner’? Give me a break I find it more hillarious than dangerous. They should have used "health risk" that dumbass could easily trip into the street causing all kinds of chaos. Though from the sound of it maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Although the guy's 'sense of style' is lacking, IMO, as long as his butt is covered, I don't really care. If his butt wasn't covered, I sure as hell wouldn't want to sit in a seat he was occupying in public. I like my hygiene. The only thing his 'style' is doing to me is allowing me to think he has no taste.

The driver, however, is a hazard to my property and my personal safety, and that of all other drivers on the road.

Logical perspective. Wouldn't think of arguing with it.

But I posted merely to show how the term 'human rights is being used around the world, as in the French news article, as well.

It underscores the concept as used in more left leaning venues as compared to the United States...not that we aren't veering in that direction.

Logical perspective. Wouldn't think of arguing with it.

But I posted merely to show how the term 'human rights is being used around the world, as in the French news article, as well.

It underscores the concept as used in more left leaning venues as compared to the United States...not that we aren't veering in that direction.

Ah. Good point.

it took me forever to convince the tint guy to do my windows...afraid it would hamper my vison..we compromised on doing the back windows and side windows....but keeping a light tint on driver and passenger windows....hell i could just put on a veil

I have an old car that doesn't have tinted windows. Rather than spending the money to have them tinted, I could just wear a burqa.

I'd pay to see that pic!

WTF indeed!

Our society is not designed to deal with these traditionalist muslims.

Or any society for that matter;

NANTES, France (AFP) – The case of a French Muslim woman fined for driving while wearing a full-face veil -- a garment the government wants to ban in public -- raised a furore Friday over human rights and led a minister to challenge her husband's status in France.

A lawyer for the 31-year-old woman accused police in the western city of Nantes of violating her human rights when they stopped and fined her 22 euros (29 dollars) on the grounds that her niqab -- an Islamic veil with a slit for the eyes -- restricted her view so she could not drive safely.
Furor over French Muslim woman fined for driving veiled - Yahoo! News

I agree with the French.

(holy crap)

Have to agree with you. The French are right - that thing DOES obstruct vision. And she could also get her feet and/or her breaks/gas pedal hung up in the lower part of the thing. As for violation of her civil rights - no. Her civil/human rights are violated by having to wear the burka. I know, I know - religious belief.

But she should at least have to uncover her face when driving or doing something that might endanger others' safety.

A pal sent me this.

$id required.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back