Burqas and Driving a Car

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
So, I'm driving through Arlington yesterday and some driver tries to pull into my lane. I give the driver a toot on the horn to let them know someone is already in the space they want in my lane.

A few seconds later, the driver tries again. This time I give a blast on my horn and they once again, swerve back. They have a beat up Honda and I can understand why at this point.

Figuring the driver is drunk or otherwise seriously deficient and in the interest of not getting a dent in my car, I let the driver in (while holding up the poor schmucks behind me, but I'm liking self-preservation).

Then I change lanes and pass the hazardous driver. Out of curiosity, I look at the driver as I pass them, and this is what I see behind the wheel:

burqa.jpg

So, if someone has to wear glasses to pass the visual examination (including peripheral vision tests) and they can get a traffic ticket if found driving without those glasses, how the hell is THAT allowed on the roads?

i was on i 40 from greensboro to winston when i saw a woman ....not in a burka but a veil and long gown....she had been sideswapped...no other car was stopped...the cops were there...i wondered if the veil did it...or some just pissed off driver on his own personal jihad

That would appear to be quite dangerous apparel for driving.
Assuming the driver is a her and assuming the driver has a license to drive, I wonder what her picture on her license is? She did not have diplomatic plates, either.

And, if a cop DOES pull her over, does he get to ask her to remove her headgear to properly identify her?

:wtf:

As long as she's not texting or talking on her cell phone, it's okay. We wouldn't want to upset the Muslims. They might cut our heads off.

Assuming the driver is a her and assuming the driver has a license to drive, I wonder what her picture on her license is? She did not have diplomatic plates, either.

And, if a cop DOES pull her over, does he get to ask her to remove her headgear to properly identify her?

WTF indeed!

Our society is not designed to deal with these traditionalist muslims.

Holy crap she was driving!?! Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz(whoever the hell he is) is rolling in his grave!

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

People have spoken a great deal in the al-Jazeerah newspaper about the issue of women driving cars. It is well known that it leads to evil consequences which are well known to those who promote it, such as being alone with a non-mahram woman, unveiling, reckless mixing with men, and committing haraam actions because of which these things were forbidden. Islam forbids the things that lead to haraam and regards them as being haraam too.

Allaah commanded the wives of the Prophet and the believing women to stay in their houses, to observe hijab and to avoid showing their adornments to non-mahrams because of the permissiveness that all these things lead to, which spells doom for society. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform As-Salaah (Iqamat-as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah wishes only to remove Ar-Rijs (evil deeds and sins) from you, O members of the family (of the Prophet), and to purify you with a thorough purification”
http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/45880

If interested, you should read what the rest of that site says about women and how they are to act in and out of public... Crazy!

WTF indeed!

Or any society for that matter;

NANTES, France (AFP) – The case of a French Muslim woman fined for driving while wearing a full-face veil -- a garment the government wants to ban in public -- raised a furore Friday over human rights and led a minister to challenge her husband's status in France.

A lawyer for the 31-year-old woman accused police in the western city of Nantes of violating her human rights when they stopped and fined her 22 euros (29 dollars) on the grounds that her niqab -- an Islamic veil with a slit for the eyes -- restricted her view so she could not drive safely.
Furor over French Muslim woman fined for driving veiled - Yahoo! News

WTF indeed!

There's DWI, driving while intoxicated and usually requires time in jail.

Around here, there are some colloquial terms, too: There is DWD, driving while a diplomat (we all know to give them a wide berth, but it's not illegal). And, DWO, driving while Oriental - usually too short to see above the dashboard - no offense to short persons (well, just a bit).

Do we need to start saying DWMW, driving while being a Muslim Woman?

Amazing. I now have a lot of questions that never, ever entered my mind about simple, everyday living here. Ever.

Shit I got puled over the other day because some cop thought my window tint was too dark. It's not but he lectured me anyway on the hazards of too dark windows.

Seems to me driving with a hood on with only a small cut out to see through is much more dangerous than tinted windows.

it took me forever to convince the tint guy to do my windows...afraid it would hamper my vison..we compromised on doing the back windows and side windows....but keeping a light tint on driver and passenger windows....hell i could just put on a veil

Holy crap she was driving!?! Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz(whoever the hell he is) is rolling in his grave!

Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

People have spoken a great deal in the al-Jazeerah newspaper about the issue of women driving cars. It is well known that it leads to evil consequences which are well known to those who promote it, such as being alone with a non-mahram woman, unveiling, reckless mixing with men, and committing haraam actions because of which these things were forbidden. Islam forbids the things that lead to haraam and regards them as being haraam too.

Allaah commanded the wives of the Prophet and the believing women to stay in their houses, to observe hijab and to avoid showing their adornments to non-mahrams because of the permissiveness that all these things lead to, which spells doom for society. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform As-Salaah (Iqamat-as-Salaah), and give Zakaah and obey Allaah and His Messenger. Allaah wishes only to remove Ar-Rijs (evil deeds and sins) from you, O members of the family (of the Prophet), and to purify you with a thorough purification”
Islam Question and Answer - Does the ruling on driving a car vary from one country to another?

If interested, you should read what the rest of that site says about women and how they are to act in and out of public... Crazy!

Did she have that bumber sticker "If I'm Driving, call 1-800-SAUDI"?

And hit 'PURDAH'

Purdah or Pardaa (Persian: پرده, Urdu: پردہ literally meaning "curtain") is the practice of preventing women from being seen by men. According to the exact definition:

Purdah is a curtain which makes sharp separation between the world of man and that of a woman, between the community as a whole and the family which is its heart, between the street and the home, the public and the private, just as it sharply separates society and the individual.[1]
This takes two forms: physical segregation of the sexes, and the requirement for women to cover their bodies and conceal their form.

WTF indeed!

NANTES, France (AFP) – The case of a French Muslim woman fined for driving while wearing a full-face veil -- a garment the government wants to ban in public -- raised a furore Friday over human rights and led a minister to challenge her husband's status in France.

A lawyer for the 31-year-old woman accused police in the western city of Nantes of violating her human rights when they stopped and fined her 22 euros (29 dollars) on the grounds that her niqab -- an Islamic veil with a slit for the eyes -- restricted her view so she could not drive safely.

I agree with the French.

(holy crap)

it took me forever to convince the tint guy to do my windows...afraid it would hamper my vison..we compromised on doing the back windows and side windows....but keeping a light tint on driver and passenger windows....hell i could just put on a veil

I wonder if we could drive around in these hoods

kkk-robe-l.jpg

You hit a sore spot with me...when I was a kid, we were so poor, my folks used Fruit Roll-Ups to tint the windows.

WTF indeed!

I agree with the French.

(holy crap)

Shocking! Who knew the French could be smart?

Shocking! Who knew the French could be smart?

And in related, but opposite (in many ways) 'human rights' example,

"Yob wins right to wear trousers that show his underpants after judge said Asbo ruling would 'breach human rights'"

Read more: Judge says Asbo ruling on low-slung trousers would 'breach human rights' | Mail Online

I have an old car that doesn't have tinted windows. Rather than spending the money to have them tinted, I could just wear a burqa.

Forum List

Back