Burqa Wars Erupt on Campus

As much as I don't like the burkhas (and I wouldn't shed a tear if they disappeared, even through a ban) I can't get behind a ban on them.

However I do think that if you wear one you should not be immune from insults or rude comments over it (just like anything else one wears).

I used to think that women should be allowed to wear them, but they are almost universally an item of repression, and I don't think they have a place in a civilized society. There are lots of different ways for women to cover up if they chose to do so.

I understand the point but I'm seriously against big government taking our freedom. And they are.

I think they should totally be allowed to wear them but understand when they are RESPECTFULLY searched by authorities at times.

The veling of Women with Burka is not only exclusive to Muslim cultures.

The ancient Greeks (especially the Athenians) were fond of keeping women veiled in public, as a means of preserving masculine vitality, strength and honour.

Because of the feminist movement being so uppity in the West, in all honesty, I don't mind the burqa being institutionalized. I'm not a fan of Muslims who use violent measures to force their customs and religion unto western nations (like what the Pakistanis do in the US), but the Hijaab and Burqa Is something which we increasingly need in the west...

NEED? :eusa_hand:

All we need is the freedom to choose.

If anything should be outlawed it's anything being imposed.

I think any woman that has the fanaticism to wear a burqa also has the fanaticism to blow themselves up. Think about it ! Look at the women we are dealing with. These women cry about rights and freedom of expression Now because they are in a corner in France and risk losing their "God Given Right " to the Burqa. But if everything was reversed and frenchwoman "Mignonette" wanted to wear a skirt in a Islamist Jihadist Country like Saudi Arabia or heck even the mullah republic of iran---do u think these burqa women would tolerate thaaat ??? Do you think Burqa woman would say we should respect her individual rights ??? Burqa woman would be the first to get her axe to cut off Mignonette's Legs !!!!! Come on people ! You are arguing and supporting women who are animals !!! I say throw all these burqa women in Guantanimo Bay and throw the key away.

I thought you started out with a great point. Demanding the rights to wear them is kind of ironic when you consider there are no such rights where they came from.

Then you went off into...a spoof?

Thats true I guess...

Its something the far left has been guilty of - imposing ridiculous special rights for minorities, homosexuals, and Women, etc...

But you do agree that Burqas should be reserved for yappy yappy Feminist types like Gloria Steinhem right?

Thats true I guess...

Its something the far left has been guilty of - imposing ridiculous special rights for minorities, homosexuals, and Women, etc...

But you do agree that Burqas should be reserved for yappy yappy Feminist types like Gloria Steinhem right?

:lol:

A burqa-clad feminist...think they could pass for the virgins the suicide bombers die for? Who knew

Forum List

Back