Burning coal cools the planet.

Sorry "daveman" gonna have to disagree with you and your sponsors.....there is no justifying the destructive methods that is required to mine this blackening dust; mountain-top removal, and a variety of
local ecological imbalances that result in extracting this resource. Who wins? Investors and mining contractors. Who loses? The local communities, and eventually our over all eco system. Yep! You can spin it any way you wish , but you are either in denial or a liar.

My "sponsors"? Look, you may be incapable of having an opinion without it being dictated to you, but the rest of us can think for ourselves, thank you very much.

In another two or three hundred years, that vision will undoubtedly be the reality.

Right now, without fossil fuels, commerce stops, world wide famine starves billions and civilization as we know it today vanishes amid the following plagues and pestilence that rises from all of the unburied corpses.

The problem with reality is that it's so real.
The problem is, that's exactly what the most rabid greenies want. Extinction of the human race.
Being a "Liberal" is no less an accomplishment than being conservative...
Never claimed it was. But I'm not pointing to my conservatism as an accomplishment, either.
But being progressive will get the job done, and it will be our future children who will be cleaning up the disaster that lasse faire capitalism has imposed on the global population,
and it will be your children asking you why things became the way they are.
:lol: "Progressives" have never had a single success in history.

Look, it is as simple as this....burning petrol creates polluted air, and there are specific protocols to curb
Co2 emissions, why should burning of coal be given free range to spew black smoke into our atmosphere
that is essential for a long healthy life. All these charts and half truths; which are full lies,
is just mental masterbation. The debate is the distraction.

Look, it is as simple as this....burning petrol creates polluted air, and there are specific protocols to curb
Co2 emissions, why should burning of coal be given free range to spew black smoke into our atmosphere
that is essential for a long healthy life. All these charts and half truths; which are full lies,

Uhhh, it isn't. Coal fired power plants have to have very expensive and efficient scrubbers before they ever get a permit to operate in the US and Europe. The Third World countries don't care for the most part but we do.

Interesting too how the life expectancy of First World nations keeps going up even though we are supposedly poisoning ourselves. How is that I wonder? And CO2 is essential to life, it is not a pollutant no matter how many times the hand wringers claim it is.

Everything mankind does pollutes the air. Just to inject some reality back into the discussion, heated homes, electric lights and reliable communication are also essential to a healthy life. Without the burning of coal, all of these things stop dead.

So, incidentally, do we.

Since our way of life depends on burning coal, why not allow the research on and deployment of cleaner burning coal facities?

Your side of this debate is a dream world exercise in fantasy. When you have a system hooked in to the current grid that can produce reliable electricity in all weather all day long with no interuption, make a suggestion.

Until then, everything you are proposing really is mental masturbation. Feels good. Creates nothing.

In another two or three hundred years, that vision will undoubtedly be the reality.

Right now, without fossil fuels, commerce stops, world wide famine starves billions and civilization as we know it today vanishes amid the following plagues and pestilence that rises from all of the unburied corpses.

The problem with reality is that it's so real.
The problem is, that's exactly what the most rabid greenies want. Extinction of the human race.
Being a "Liberal" is no less an accomplishment than being conservative,
But being progressive will get the job done, and it will be our future children who will be cleaning up the disaster that lasse faire capitalism has imposed on the global population,

I was born in 1953. Right now, the air and water of the USA is cleaner than it has been in my life time.

I was born in 1953. Right now, the air and water of the USA is cleaner than it has been in my life time.
1953 model here too. I'll agree......to a point. It's what we've been told.It seems better.
It aint. There are many other types of pollution. It isn't just water and air anymore. They DID clean that up to keep the sheep calm while they continued on a different path.

1953 model here too. I'll agree......to a point. It's what we've been told.It seems better.
It aint. There are many other types of pollution. It isn't just water and air anymore. They DID clean that up to keep the sheep calm while they continued on a different path.[/QUOTE]

If both the air and the water are cleaner than at anyime in the last 60 years, what is it you are citing?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back