Our neighbor's house is armed
full auto assault loaded and ready
The chances of accidental death or suicide are high
Robbers and visitors please use care because after they pee themselves
They may or will fire erratically killing the rest of their family
And you will be blamed and prosecuted.
Oh and those visiting, make sure you wear bullet proof vests
Call ahead several times, make sure it is daylight
And they can see you clearly and you can see where they are aiming clearly.
Good luck.

Oh and make sure insurance is paid up.

Does the right miss the irony in this?

Good luck.

oh geezus.....

Burglars Hit Home of Gun Owner ID’d by Newspaper

The home of a gun owner, whose address was published by a New York newspaper, has been burglarized and a state lawmaker said it appears the burglars may have used the newspaper’s map to target the residence.

“Luckily the gun was locked up and no one was hurt,” Sen. Greg Ball said.

Burglars Hit Home of Gun Owner ID’d by Newspaper | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

liberals must be so happy
Good news that the gun is still in the possession of the legal gun owner with a permit, rather than the criminal.

What a stupid, stupid publisher....Gannett.

Burglars Hit Home of Gun Owner ID’d by Newspaper

The home of a gun owner, whose address was published by a New York newspaper, has been burglarized and a state lawmaker said it appears the burglars may have used the newspaper’s map to target the residence.

“Luckily the gun was locked up and no one was hurt,” Sen. Greg Ball said.

Burglars Hit Home of Gun Owner ID’d by Newspaper | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes

How come the gun didn't stop the robbery?
Guns aren't sentient, so they have no ability to act on their own. (The owners weren't home at the time of the burglary, thus the use of the word burglary.)

:rolleyes:

Umm... Gannett is the owner. Owning well over a thousand newspapers I'm pretty sure they don't micromanage editorial decisions of one local paper for the lower Hudson Valley. You don't ring up NBC at 30 Rock because your local NBC affiliate in Boise got the weather forecast wrong.

I wonder how many posters here actually took the time to read the newspaper article from December (if any) as opposed to just reacting to blogs about it. The reason I wonder is that it's pretty difficult (and hypocritical) to opine on the writer's intentions if you haven't actually read the article in the first place. It brings to mind the censorial finger-waggers on a film like Life of Brian who, when pressed, admit they hadn't even seen the film.

In May, Richard V. Wilson approached a female neighbor on the street and shot her in the back of the head, a crime that stunned their quiet Katonah neighborhood.

What was equally shocking for some was the revelation that the mentally disturbed 77-year-old man had amassed a cache of weapons — including two unregistered handguns and a large amount of ammunition — without any neighbors knowing.

“I think that the access to guns in this country is ridiculous, that anybody can get one,” said a neighbor of Wilson’s who requested anonymity because it’s not known whether the gunman, whose unnamed victim survived, will return home or be sent to prison. “Would I have bought this house knowing somebody (close by) had an arsenal of weapons? No, I would not have.”

In the wake of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and amid renewed nationwide calls for stronger gun control, some Lower Hudson Valley residents would like lawmakers to expand the amount of information the public can find out about gun owners. About 44,000 people in Westchester, Rockland and Putnam — one out of every 23 adults — are licensed to own a handgun.

Anyone can find out the names and addresses of handgun owners in any county with a simple Freedom of Information Law request... Combined with laws that allow the purchase of rifles and shotguns without a permit, John Thompson, a program manager for Project SNUG at the Yonkers Family YMCA, said that leaves the public knowing little about the types of deadly weapons that might be right next door.

... Jackie Hilly, a Mamaroneck resident and executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, stopped short of saying the public has a right to know more information about gun owners and the weapons they possess. However, she said it is important for people to ask neighbors about the weapons they own, particularly in cases where children would be visiting the neighbor’s home. “You are likely to find out one of your children’s friend’s homes that they visit has a gun,” Hilly said. “If you assume there are no guns, you could be wrong.”
(excerpted from here)

Last edited:
Umm... Gannett is the owner. Owning well over a thousand newspapers I'm pretty sure they don't micromanage editorial decisions of one local paper for the lower Hudson Valley. That would be like ringing up NBC at 30 Rock because your local NBC affiliate in Boise got the weather forecast wrong.

I wonder how many posters here took the time to actually read the newspaper article from December. If any.

In May, Richard V. Wilson approached a female neighbor on the street and shot her in the back of the head, a crime that stunned their quiet Katonah neighborhood.

What was equally shocking for some was the revelation that the mentally disturbed 77-year-old man had amassed a cache of weapons — including two unregistered handguns and a large amount of ammunition — without any neighbors knowing.

“I think that the access to guns in this country is ridiculous, that anybody can get one,” said a neighbor of Wilson’s who requested anonymity because it’s not known whether the gunman, whose unnamed victim survived, will return home or be sent to prison. “Would I have bought this house knowing somebody (close by) had an arsenal of weapons? No, I would not have.”

In the wake of the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., and amid renewed nationwide calls for stronger gun control, some Lower Hudson Valley residents would like lawmakers to expand the amount of information the public can find out about gun owners. About 44,000 people in Westchester, Rockland and Putnam — one out of every 23 adults — are licensed to own a handgun.

Anyone can find out the names and addresses of handgun owners in any county with a simple Freedom of Information Law request... Combined with laws that allow the purchase of rifles and shotguns without a permit, John Thompson, a program manager for Project SNUG at the Yonkers Family YMCA, said that leaves the public knowing little about the types of deadly weapons that might be right next door.

... ackie Hilly, a Mamaroneck resident and executive director of New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, stopped short of saying the public has a right to know more information about gun owners and the weapons they possess. However, she said it is important for people to ask neighbors about the weapons they own, particularly in cases where children would be visiting the neighbor’s home. “You are likely to find out one of your children’s friend’s homes that they visit has a gun,” Hilly said. “If you assume there are no guns, you could be wrong.”
(excerpted from here)
Then Gannett is incompetent as well as irresponsible and reckless.

Does the right miss the irony in this?

Good luck.

How does one as stupid as you draw breath?

What is your IQ? 3?

[

Watch gun grabbing nutters will rationalize this by saying the home owner had it planed this way, he sit it up to make the papers look bad.
If I was the home owner I'd be picking out my new office in the building of that paper I just became owner of.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that would be delusional.

You've heard of the FIRST AMENDMENT, right? Unlike the Second Amendment, it is very clearly written.

That gun owner possession of a gun is a matter of public record. Those burglars could have gone down to town hall and gotten the same information.

Yes, that would be delusional.

You've heard of the FIRST AMENDMENT, right?

Yeah, that's the one your little tin god revoked last year, Comrade JoeB

Unlike the Second Amendment, it is very clearly written.

I realize that you're stupid, it's why you're a leftist.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This is perfectly clear, fucktard.

You, and the other fascists of the democratic party, simply don't like what it says.

That gun owner possession of a gun is a matter of public record. Those burglars could have gone down to town hall and gotten the same information.

False, Comrade JoeB.

The interactive maps provided by the Party newspaper are not public record, and were created by the party propaganda operatives for the purpose of targeting law abiding citizens.

[

False, Comrade JoeB.

The interactive maps provided by the Party newspaper are not public record, and were created by the party propaganda operatives for the purpose of targeting law abiding citizens.

So you mean the crooks would have to READ a record of what the address was.

Frankly, I think all gun owners should be treated like the kind of people on Megan's Law lists... we should know where the gun nutters are in our neighborhoods.

Maybe if we could put their internet comments next to the lists of guns they own, but then your neighbors would be in a full scale panic.

(Sorry, man, 2nd Amendment is about Militias, not private gun ownership.)

Funny, I find nothing muddy about the wording of the second amendment...

Because you don't want to...

Let?s look at the Second Amendment, cutting through the myths and spin « Fabius Maximus

An interpreter who favoured regimen would argue that the ablative clause determines the sense of the main clause; hence, the state has the right to maintain an army.

Those who favour the absolute, as American courts have done, bracket the militia clause and take the main clause to mean that citizens may own as many firearms as they choose. The difference between constructions amounts to roughly 12,000 murders a year.

sue them for what? unfortunately, they acted within the law.

I could break into your house, hurt myself, then sue you, and win. That is the directioon we are going. Unfortunate, yes. Unrealistic, no

Only if you hurt yourself in a booby trap. Things like mine fields and hidden traps are generally not legal for homeowners to employ. Dogs and guns are OK though.

wrong

if he slips on the floor and breaks his leg....he can sue you.

Funny, I find nothing muddy about the wording of the second amendment...

Because you don't want to...

Let?s look at the Second Amendment, cutting through the myths and spin « Fabius Maximus

An interpreter who favoured regimen would argue that the ablative clause determines the sense of the main clause; hence, the state has the right to maintain an army.

Those who favour the absolute, as American courts have done, bracket the militia clause and take the main clause to mean that citizens may own as many firearms as they choose. The difference between constructions amounts to roughly 12,000 murders a year.

No, because I understand what the word "militia" means...

Forum List

Back