Burger King admits they use horsemeat!!!

I wonder what happens to all the non Angus beef?
Seems like all anyone sells anymore is angus.

Do you really believe that all that Angus beef is really Angus beef?

The dog food is from the old dying horses where in most cases they gave the horse some kind of drug to let them go peacefully. Those drugs do bad things to the meat and that is the meat that is rendered down in a process so it is safe for animal consumption such as dog food.

Not the same as horse meat for human consumption.

It still stinks.

so does venison and mutton.

Man oh man, TOTALLY agree with you on the mutton! And large bucks that have been eating up on acorns as that makes the venison wild tasting big time. You have never eaten any venison that was cleaned and processed correctly possibly. Additionally, the hind quarters can be very wild tasting so I have that ground and a small amount of chicken fat if I can find it or beef fat added. Cubed also. The back straps and tenderloin venison is to die for cooked correctly. I like to pound it between wax paper and lightly bread it with sifted flour and sear it for about 30 seconds on each side. Great with biscuits. The ground is excellent for making spaghetti sauce or chilli. I also marinate it in Dales steak sauce, minced onions and peppers before grilling.

Last edited:
Some slaughter houses for beef are terrible as I believe the USDA has slacked on their enforcement over the years, possibly during the Reagan administration when this started.
As I stated earlier, the horse meat I have eaten is very good as the Mexicans are tremendous cooks.
Makes me want to be down there NOW!

All my cattle are named Angus.........

On a trivia site I saw a sign for a restaurant called "Black Angus".

The problem was - the light for the letter 'g' wasn't working.

The restaurant didn't seem to have many customers....

All my cattle are named Angus.........

On a trivia site I saw a sign for a restaurant called "Black Angus".

The problem was - the light for the letter 'g' wasn't working.

The restaurant didn't seem to have many customers....

We had a Sears Parts and Service outlet near us back in VA. For months the first S on Sears was unlit........ :lol:

The best beef in the world is Kobe beef, from Japan. VERY expensive. The cattle are raised using specific traditional methods, and the beef produced is unbelievably tender, with far less saturated fat that American beef. Kobe beef is as close to "perfect" as there is, if you are a fan of fine steaks or other beef cuts.

The whole Angus beef thing started out as a fast food marketing tool, but it actually does have validity, as far as quality and other requirements relating to marbling, texture, muscling, carcass size, fat thickness, etc.

Angus cattle are now the most popular beef breed in the United States (population-wise).

Pink slime, anyone?

pink-slime-burger-doom.jpg

:puke:

So how many idiots saw this and believed the fabricated title? BK never admitted to using Horse meat. They admitted to Busting one of their own suppliers for having "traces of horse DNA at their packing plant"

Most fast food burgers like BK and McDonalds are disgusting...with the exception of very few. And even the exception you have to wonder.
Last burger I ate was from McDonalds...my stomach faught me for the rest of that night. No more FF burgers for me...I'll stick to making my own, thank you.

Amazing isn't it that tens of millions of Americans each day eat McDonald's and Burger King etc, without the slightest ill effect. I have never had a bad reaction to a Quarter Pounder or a Whopper.:lol:

So how many idiots saw this and believed the fabricated title? BK never admitted to using Horse meat. They admitted to Busting one of their own suppliers for having "traces of horse DNA at their packing plant"

That's a chronic flaw on message boards, but a better question: how many even cared?
Again, as if eating a cow is perfectly OK and eating a horse isn't, based on ....what?

That's a chronic flaw on message boards, but a better question: how many even cared?
Again, as if eating a cow is perfectly OK and eating a horse isn't, based on ....what?

Well 2 main reason. One people look at horses differently than cows, develop emotional attachments to them, and basically consider them pets not food. That is until they are starving.

Second, and more logical is that horse meat is stringy and tough, the animal is not bread for eating.

Other than that there is no logical reason for it to be so "appalling" to some. Hell in some places horse meat is considered a delicacy.

Well 2 main reason. One people look at horses differently than cows, develop emotional attachments to them, and basically consider them pets not food. That is until they are starving.

Second, and more logical is that horse meat is stringy and tough, the animal is not bread for eating.

Other than that there is no logical reason for it to be so "appalling" to some. Hell in some places horse meat is considered a delicacy.

Yeah it is tough, but of course that's by comparison to our industrialized beef, which has a consistency somewhere between a saturated sponge and a turd. Just seems that if one is already eating a cow, it's not much of a leap to a horse, so all those exclamation points in the OP seem just a bit overcooked.

Which people look at them that way?

Forum List

Back