Burger King admits they use horsemeat!!!

There was a case in Sweden recently where a company had imported some beef from Hungary - only after complaints from consumers it turned out it was pork coloured to look more like beef.

Maybe not a huge crime - but not ideal for those keeping kosher or halal!!

I think that one cost the importer a contract as well....

I haven't been to a burger joint in 10 years. Never eat food prepared by teenage boys.

Disturbing: Burger King Admits Burgers Contain Horsemeat

January 31st, 2013 | Updated 01/31/2013 at 9:26 pm
In a piece of highly disturbing news, Burger King has now admitted after continuous denial that it has actually been selling UK customers both burgers and Whoppers that contain horsemeat. This admission comes just after The Guardian reports that Burger King reps offered a round of ‘absolute assurances’ to customers that it did not ever use horsemeat in its products.

A series of tests done on the burger products now reveal that Burger King has been issuing completely phony statements, with burgers made for the fast food chain from the Irish company Silvercrest containing measurable levels of horsemeat. It’s important to note this is the same company that processes meat for Tesco, Asda, and the Co-op. The managers at Silvercrest have been revealed to be utilizing non-approved ingredients within their burger assortment – even for ‘household brands’.

Burger King admitted just a few hours ago that the samples did in fact contain horsemeat:

“Four samples recently taken from the Silvercrest plant have shown the presence of very small trace levels of equine DNA… we have established that Silvercrest used a small percentage of beef imported from a non-approved supplier in Poland. This is a clear violation of our specifications, and we have terminated our relationship with them.”

So they just admitted that they buy meat from anothr country and never even bothered to test it?

STING EM UP!

I have not bought a burger from anywhere since the 'pink slime' story broke. If I want a really good burger, grilled or fried, I hand pat it and make my own.

Some of you people are NUTS. I would rather eat horse meat than cow meat ANY day. Cows are nasty, lazy, dirty animals. Hogs are even worse.

There is NOTHING wrong with horse meat. Horse meat is much leaner than cow meat.

When I lived in Phoenix, Arizona as a child, back in the 60s and early 70s, there were horse meat butcher shops all over the city.

The one nearest my childhood home was called "Ye Olde Meat Shop". The horse meat was actually more expensive than cow meat.

As for the meat used at fast food chains, I have NEVER gotten sick from eating a Big Mac or a Whopper or a Wendy's burger. I don't eat them alot, but I like one now and then. I prefer Subway, which uses turkey-based cold cuts.

Last edited:
Some of you people are NUTS. I would rather eat horse meat than cow meat ANY day. Cows are nasty, lazy, dirty animals. Hogs are even worse.

There is NOTHING wrong with horse meat. Horse meat is much leaner than cow meat.

You are correct. If it weren't for the fast food industry and our obsession with consuming cow, the species would die off of its own irrelevance. At least the fat-slob freak cattle as we raise them.

I'm not in the U.K. but I got a gift cerificate for BK this Christmas, so I used it. MISTAKE!!! It tasted funny, dry, old, cold. It made me sick. I went on their website and blasted them. Then they invited me to a free meal. Yeah, I'll jump right on that deal. Get sick again for free. Thanks a lot. How about giving me a fucking refund instead?????

No BK, ever again. Whataburger, from here on out....No dry bland tasteless burgers.

Horse meat is leaner, has more cholestorol than cattle but is much higher in iron with slightly fewer calories.
When compared to ground beef, well, there is no comparison. Horse meat has 50% more protein and 25% less fat.
Boils down to Madison Avenue Marketing and the beef industry and the American ignorance of eating what tastes good instead of what is good for them.

Horse meat is leaner, has more cholestorol than cattle but is much higher in iron with slightly fewer calories.
When compared to ground beef, well, there is no comparison. Horse meat has 50% more protein and 25% less fat.
Boils down to Madison Avenue Marketing and the beef industry and the American ignorance of eating what tastes good instead of what is good for them.

It smells bad. Don't know if they still do, but they used to make dog food out of it. And that dog food stunk.

It smells bad. Don't know if they still do, but they used to make dog food out of it. And that dog food stunk.

The dog food is from the old dying horses where in most cases they gave the horse some kind of drug to let them go peacefully. Those drugs do bad things to the meat and that is the meat that is rendered down in a process so it is safe for animal consumption such as dog food.

Not the same as horse meat for human consumption.

The dog food is from the old dying horses where in most cases they gave the horse some kind of drug to let them go peacefully. Those drugs do bad things to the meat and that is the meat that is rendered down in a process so it is safe for animal consumption such as dog food.

It still stinks.

There is no end of people who will come to my state and announce they 'don't eat Bambi.' What stupid people. Venison is good meat and much better for you than beef. But they equate it with some animation and think it immoral to eat venison. I simply couldn't eat horse meat because I recall the smell. Bison is quite good though.

I'll gallop right down there and get me a whopper.

A Royale with cheese...
royale+with+cheese.jpg

When they start grinding up worms and mixing it with my beef then I might say something. Who knows, I might say yum..... :dunno:

It still stinks.

so does venison and mutton.

So Burger King does't use the best quality meat.

Geez, what a surprise.

Forum List

Back