Burger King admits they use horsemeat!!!

Why do people care if there is horse in their burger? What difference does it make? You're eating a dead COW, for christ's sake.

This is like complaining that Korea is cruel because they torture and eat dogs while you yourself are responsible for torturing and eating cows, chickens, pigs and fish.

Having said that, why would anyone with a brain eat at a fast food joint when you know the "food" is garbage?

Why do people care if there is horse in their burger? What difference does it make? You're eating a dead COW, for christ's sake.

This is like complaining that Korea is cruel because they torture and eat dogs while you yourself are responsible for torturing and eating cows, chickens, pigs and fish.

Having said that, why would anyone with a brain eat at a fast food joint when you know the "food" is garbage?

I agree.
Not every culture is a faliure at being you, the world you live in is just one view of reality.

I haven't been to a burger joint in 10 years. Never eat food prepared by teenage boys.

Disturbing: Burger King Admits Burgers Contain Horsemeat

January 31st, 2013 | Updated 01/31/2013 at 9:26 pm
In a piece of highly disturbing news, Burger King has now admitted after continuous denial that it has actually been selling UK customers both burgers and Whoppers that contain horsemeat. This admission comes just after The Guardian reports that Burger King reps offered a round of ‘absolute assurances’ to customers that it did not ever use horsemeat in its products.

A series of tests done on the burger products now reveal that Burger King has been issuing completely phony statements, with burgers made for the fast food chain from the Irish company Silvercrest containing measurable levels of horsemeat. It’s important to note this is the same company that processes meat for Tesco, Asda, and the Co-op. The managers at Silvercrest have been revealed to be utilizing non-approved ingredients within their burger assortment – even for ‘household brands’.

Burger King admitted just a few hours ago that the samples did in fact contain horsemeat:

“Four samples recently taken from the Silvercrest plant have shown the presence of very small trace levels of equine DNA… we have established that Silvercrest used a small percentage of beef imported from a non-approved supplier in Poland. This is a clear violation of our specifications, and we have terminated our relationship with them.”

The article says that the Silvercrest company revealed to be utilizing non-approved ingredients within their burger assortment....how is that Burger Kings fault? How was Burger King lying if that company did it without approval?

If you order something from me and I add extra ingredients you didnt ask for, thats not your fault the same as it isnt Burger Kings fault.

Now if they knew it was happening that would be different.

As if all the saturated fat wasn't reason enough to avoid fast food. :lol:
I don't think the saturated fat is enough reason to avoid fast food. Sure it is enough of a reason to not eat it every day, but all things in moderation an occasional trip to BK of KFC isn't going to destroy anyone's health.

4 more years for Obama! Horse meat can now be slaughtered for human consumption in the U.S.!
Horses could soon be slaughtered for meat in US - Yahoo! News Singapore

Horses could soon be butchered in the U.S. for human consumption after Congress quietly lifted a 5-year-old ban on funding horse meat inspections, and activists say slaughterhouses could be up and running in as little as a month.
You post a quote saying congress lifted a 5 year old ban on funding for horse meat inspections, then summarize by referencing Obama. Did he personally lead a drive to slaughter horses or something?

Yup. People eat lamb, cows, baby cows, pigs, but oh this one type of hoofed animal mustn't be slaughtered it is somehow different.

I don't understand why anyone would be against slaughtering horses unless they were also against slaughtering any type of animal for food.

Last edited:
Where is the proof? There is not the slightest shred of proof. This story sounded like total BS and in fact it almost entirely is.
Here's the truth:

Neigh it ain't so: Burger King finds horse meat at European supplier - Jan. 31, 2013

Burger King discovered that there were very small amounts of horse DNA in some meat in Ireland that never made it to restaurants. The problem was traced to a Polish sub-contractor and Both the subcontractor and the contractor, Silevercrest have been terminated.

There is not the slightest hint that Burger King in any way encouraged the use of any non-beef product, or tired to cover up the problem. I say good for them.

I'm sure that many know that horse meat is widely eaten and is considered a delicacy in some European countries. That probably accounts for the source of the contamination.

I asked everyone in this thread if they realize the UK guardian is no more than a Tabloid on the same level as National Enquirer, but they so wanted to believe this story. They ignored that little fact.

I don't understand why anyone would be against slaughtering horses unless they were also against slaughtering any type of animal for food.

Well if you had spent time with Horses you might understand better. People develop close bonds with them, and think of them more as pets than live stock.

As if all the saturated fat wasn't reason enough to avoid fast food. :lol:
I don't think the saturated fat is enough reason to avoid fast food. Sure it is enough of a reason to not eat it every day, but all things in moderation an occasional trip to BK of KFC isn't going to destroy anyone's health.

4 more years for Obama! Horse meat can now be slaughtered for human consumption in the U.S.!
Horses could soon be slaughtered for meat in US - Yahoo! News Singapore

Horses could soon be butchered in the U.S. for human consumption after Congress quietly lifted a 5-year-old ban on funding horse meat inspections, and activists say slaughterhouses could be up and running in as little as a month.
You post a quote saying congress lifted a 5 year old ban on funding for horse meat inspections, then summarize by referencing Obama. Did he personally lead a drive to slaughter horses or something?

Yup. People eat lamb, cows, baby cows, pigs, but oh this one type of hoofed animal mustn't be slaughtered it is somehow different.

I listened to the audiobook Home by Bill Bryson, where he states in the 18 and 19 hundreds humans consumed a significantly wider diversity of meats, vegetables, greens and grains. Something like 60 different varieties of meat we no longer eat because beef, pork, chicken, turkey and a couple varieties of fish dominate the market.

I'm with Predfan (see his thread in the food forum)...I want to try them all.

Last edited:
So .... eating a cow, delicious ...eating a horse, disgusting?? :confused:
Strange set of values.

I had horsemeat when I lived in France. It's tough. Not particularly appealing. Hard to see the distinction in one's choice of diet though.

It's one thing to feed somebody horse meat if they know what they're eating, but another thing to not tell 'em first.

Give your free gift certificate to somebody you don't like. Your mother in law? Who cares what's in the garbage fast food menus where fat ass people sit in drive thrus and just shovel it in? Want to reduce weight in the US and save millions of gallons of gas? Outlaw drive up windows.

Most fast food burgers like BK and McDonalds are disgusting...with the exception of very few. And even the exception you have to wonder.
Last burger I ate was from McDonalds...my stomach faught me for the rest of that night. No more FF burgers for me...I'll stick to making my own, thank you.

Forum List

Back