Burger King admits they use horsemeat!!!

I'm not in the U.K. but I got a gift cerificate for BK this Christmas, so I used it. MISTAKE!!! It tasted funny, dry, old, cold. It made me sick. I went on their website and blasted them. Then they invited me to a free meal. Yeah, I'll jump right on that deal. Get sick again for free. Thanks a lot. How about giving me a fucking refund instead?????
If you are getting free food, why not order a grilled chicken sandwich or salad instead of a hamburger?

Well 2 main reason. One people look at horses differently than cows, develop emotional attachments to them, and basically consider them pets not food. That is until they are starving.

I love humans far less than cows...and...pets for that matter. I guess eating them would be ok.

I'm not in the U.K. but I got a gift cerificate for BK this Christmas, so I used it. MISTAKE!!! It tasted funny, dry, old, cold. It made me sick. I went on their website and blasted them. Then they invited me to a free meal. Yeah, I'll jump right on that deal. Get sick again for free. Thanks a lot. How about giving me a fucking refund instead?????
If you are getting free food, why not order a grilled chicken sandwich or salad instead of a hamburger?
I should have given it as a gift to somebody else. :lol:

I should have given it as a gift to somebody else. :lol:
:( ? Someone you don't like?

How about in the US?

HAHAHA. You really believe this is confined to the UK?? That's just damage control by BK.

The article states that Burger King terminated their connection with the Processing Company. How do you know that Burger King was not just as much a victim as it's customers? Why presume there is a problem here in the US? Does it really matter to at all, or are you just looking to destroy another successful company for the fun of it?

I haven't been to a burger joint in 10 years. Never eat food prepared by teenage boys.

Disturbing: Burger King Admits Burgers Contain Horsemeat

January 31st, 2013 | Updated 01/31/2013 at 9:26 pm
In a piece of highly disturbing news, Burger King has now admitted after continuous denial that it has actually been selling UK customers both burgers and Whoppers that contain horsemeat. This admission comes just after The Guardian reports that Burger King reps offered a round of ‘absolute assurances’ to customers that it did not ever use horsemeat in its products.

A series of tests done on the burger products now reveal that Burger King has been issuing completely phony statements, with burgers made for the fast food chain from the Irish company Silvercrest containing measurable levels of horsemeat. It’s important to note this is the same company that processes meat for Tesco, Asda, and the Co-op. The managers at Silvercrest have been revealed to be utilizing non-approved ingredients within their burger assortment – even for ‘household brands’.

Burger King admitted just a few hours ago that the samples did in fact contain horsemeat:

“Four samples recently taken from the Silvercrest plant have shown the presence of very small trace levels of equine DNA… we have established that Silvercrest used a small percentage of beef imported from a non-approved supplier in Poland. This is a clear violation of our specifications, and we have terminated our relationship with them.”

We are talking miniscule DNA particles that float in the air...:eusa_shifty:

Burger King might be a victim of a bad supplier, that is true.

But what difference does that make to the consumer?

If BK cannot police its own suppliers then BK is just going to have to accept that its customers are going to lose confidence in their products.

I haven't been to a burger joint in 10 years. Never eat food prepared by teenage boys.

Disturbing: Burger King Admits Burgers Contain Horsemeat

January 31st, 2013 | Updated 01/31/2013 at 9:26 pm
In a piece of highly disturbing news, Burger King has now admitted after continuous denial that it has actually been selling UK customers both burgers and Whoppers that contain horsemeat. This admission comes just after The Guardian reports that Burger King reps offered a round of ‘absolute assurances’ to customers that it did not ever use horsemeat in its products.

A series of tests done on the burger products now reveal that Burger King has been issuing completely phony statements, with burgers made for the fast food chain from the Irish company Silvercrest containing measurable levels of horsemeat. It’s important to note this is the same company that processes meat for Tesco, Asda, and the Co-op. The managers at Silvercrest have been revealed to be utilizing non-approved ingredients within their burger assortment – even for ‘household brands’.

Burger King admitted just a few hours ago that the samples did in fact contain horsemeat:

“Four samples recently taken from the Silvercrest plant have shown the presence of very small trace levels of equine DNA… we have established that Silvercrest used a small percentage of beef imported from a non-approved supplier in Poland. This is a clear violation of our specifications, and we have terminated our relationship with them.”

We are talking miniscule DNA particles that float in the air...:eusa_shifty:

True.
What Burger King didn't explain, nor did anyone else, is why the presence of horsemeat would be a problem in the first place. Are we afraid we're not getting enough fat? Seems to me if you've committed to eating a burger, you're already committed to eating an animal. To paraphrase an old punchline, "we've already established that; now we're just haggling over the species".

Last edited:
Pogo,

Don't know about horses in Poland, but American horss are often shot up with chemicals (for pain, I'm informed) that are harmful to humans.

Besides, if you're selling horsemeat, letting you customers know that is the right thing to do.

Pogo,

Don't know about horses in Poland, but American horss are often shot up with chemicals (for pain, I'm informed) that are harmful to humans.

Besides, if you're selling horsemeat, letting you customers know that is the right thing to do.

What for? They've already agreed to eat cow...

I don't doubt horses are shot up with such chemicals. Now consider what's in the cows. That's why I haven't eaten them in at least thirty years. Plus horses to my knowledge are not given antibiotics and hormones to fatten them up, so on that basis I think the burger-eaters are getting a bonus, albeit a minuscule one.

But again, if we've already established that the customer is OK with eating cow, then I don't see the point in haggling over the species.

Forum List

Back