Bunning gave in

You know, I hate the guy because he was a sell out. For once, I thought somebody in Washington had half a brain. We really do need to be able to pay for things before we commit things into law. I totally understand the need for the unemployment assistance but you can have the biggest heart in the world but if you can't pay for what you want to give away all you are doing is pissing up a rope.

So PayGo lasted less than 30 days.

And Bunning is EVIL for insisting that the congress follow the law they passed less than a month ago.

What was the vote on PayGo when it passed?

Dizzguzting farce all along.

You know, I hate the guy because he was a sell out. For once, I thought somebody in Washington had half a brain. We really do need to be able to pay for things before we commit things into law. I totally understand the need for the unemployment assistance but you can have the biggest heart in the world but if you can't pay for what you want to give away all you are doing is pissing up a rope.
So, in your opinion, the Republican Party sold out?

they all sold us out when wall st. gets a blank check, and we get a pantload of squabbling over the crumbs.......

So PayGo lasted less than 30 days.

And Bunning is EVIL for insisting that the congress follow the law they passed less than a month ago.

What was the vote on PayGo when it passed?

Dizzguzting farce all along.

Well, Bunning didn't vote for PAYGO, I hear, and whether we like it or not, the emergency loophole was there.

Bunning should have stuck to his guns.

And why wouldn't Reid bring the whole thing to a vote when Bunning started with his objections? All he needed was 51 votes. Surely he had that.

Could it be that Reid saw more of a political advantage in letting Bunning become a pariah than in passing the bill? Doesn't that put Reid on the same level as Bunning?

But I guess that would require people looking more than one level deep into politics. Our soundbyte and one-liner populace can't be bothered with that.

If he wanted to score points with the Left that won't happen. They complained when he blocked the legislation and now they're complaining when he doesnt.
What gives?

So, does this thought process apply to our military budgets too?

Forum List

Back