“BUNDY RANCH” TYPE STANDOFF BREWING IN SOUTHERN OREGON BETWEEN MINERS AND BLM

What five year old wrote the article in the op?

That was just awful.
The MSM blackout of the story is more awful...but typical of journalists who no longer make any bones about being straight up propagandists for the state.
sorry if i can't get too excited about someone wanting to mine federal land for their own profit and pollute area waterways in the process being rightfully stopped by the Blm.

Let them fight it out in the courts, where the mining company will lose
You've never actually been to any of these types of mines, have you....

I haven't done much research on this but from what I've found the government is doing the right thing.

Galice Creek is where some coho salmon spawn. The coho salmon are an endangered species. Which means that their habitat must be preserved. Especially the reproductive habitat.

The people who want to mine gold from that creek are destroying salmon spawning areas of that creek.

They're destroying the part of the creek they say they own but while they do that they're destroying large areas of the creek.

Salmon eggs need clean pristine water to grow and hatch. Stilt and other dirt will kill the eggs.

The people who are dredging one area of the creek are destroying spawning areas in the area they're dredging and down river from them. They're also destroying the part of the river that the salmon have to swim through to get to and from the areas they spawn. Which means they're breaking the law.

When you destroy salmon spawning areas and kill salmon eggs, you're taking jobs from fishermen and all the businesses that support that industry. On top of destroying sport fishing.

They're destroying a species of salmon too.

The MSM blackout of the story is more awful...but typical of journalists who no longer make any bones about being straight up propagandists for the state.
sorry if i can't get too excited about someone wanting to mine federal land for their own profit and pollute area waterways in the process being rightfully stopped by the Blm.

The mines are privately owned, and have been for more than a century.

"“The Galice Mining District is a private consortium of claims, owners and miners that has continuously operated since the early 1870s,” writes Smith. “This means the mining district actually predates the BLM by decades."
Showdown with feds over right to gold in ground
That does not say who owns the land

Further the poor quality of the article and ckear agenda of the author should put any "information" containef within it in serious doubt

Well when it came to the reporting on the Bundy Ranch standoff very few MSM were honest as to what the issue was all about.

They were just hyping it as "unpaid cattle fees" instead of being straight up about the BLM's involvement with the mega pay to pollute scheme in the region.
Lol. You're a crazy person

I'm very serious about what is happening with the BLM in Nevada from a conservationists concern. And I have been a serious kick ass conservationist for decades. I specialize in water conservation issues but became alarmed at the solar farms destruction of the desert.

It's a pay to play to pollute scheme by the government. Solar farms have been allowed to build their massive structures in a very delicate environment provided they pay extraordinarily large sums of money so the BLM can "recreate a perfect eco habitat" in other parts of the region.

Not kidding here.

The Bundy Ranch protesters are some of the worst kind of unAmerican trash.

How so? The Bundy Ranch standoff was a fabulous example of what is called "power to the people". Abbie and Jerry would have been thrilled.

Now I know that all young progressives love to be dominated by government agencies because they are some kind of masochistic lunatics, but classic liberals, libertarians and true conservatives still believe in "power to the people".

How so? The Bundy Ranch standoff was a fabulous example of what is called "power to the people". Abbie and Jerry would have been thrilled.

Now I know that all young progressives love to be dominated by government agencies because they are some kind of masochistic lunatics, but classic liberals, libertarians and true conservatives still believe in "power to the people".
No you're wrong. The Bundy Ranch media circus was a magnet for right wing nut jobs, like the couple who murdered police officers. Real fine example of American patriotism.

What five year old wrote the article in the op?

That was just awful.

You've never actually been to any of these types of mines, have you....
I've never been in a sewer. I still know they stink.

Is that what you call an armed standoff with police defending law breaking now? Power to the people?

I thought open defiance of the law was called law breaking...

More like the feds want to steal the gold.....

If the feds wanted to steal that gold they would have done it back in the 1800s.

What's going on is the government is trying to save a species of salmon.

Thousands of people depend on salmon for a living. When the salmon are gone they're out of a job. Not just the fishermen but every business that supports fishing.

We are a nation of laws. When people violate our laws they face our justice system. It doesn't matter if the law you broke is protecting fish. It's still the law.

If those people want to mine that area for gold fine. Just do it within the law.

Don't kill salmon eggs. Don't destroy salmon habitat.

It's very simple.

More like the feds want to steal the gold.....
How does that work? It is federal property. The feds already own the gold. The gold belongs to the people. We allow miners to extract the gold in exchange for a percentage of the gold. Because it is our gold and our land, we insist certain rules are followed to extract the gold, and specifically, where the gold can be extracted from. There are long lines of citizens waiting in line to obtain permission to extract gold from our land in the manner that we have demanded. Why should we succumb to someones lawless behaviour and unwillingness to accept our rules that protect our lands from abuse?
The miners and the miners company has existed BEFORE the feds decided to be bullies and attempt to steal it....try again.

Just because that mine existed before the EPA doesn't mean they don't have to obey the law.

There is no grandfather clause so what was done before the EPA doesn't matter. What matters is that the laws exist now and people must obey them.

So your argument about this is worthless. The law didn't grandfather that mine so the law applies to that mine just like it applies to every other place in America.

These people aren't special. They don't get to be an exception to the law. Everyone is treated equally under the law or the constitution is violated.

Leave it to a right winger to violate the constitution and laws. You people think you're special and our laws don't apply to you. You're wrong.

You won't see the miners win this. No court in our nation will rule in their favor against the EPA.

How does that work? It is federal property. The feds already own the gold. The gold belongs to the people. We allow miners to extract the gold in exchange for a percentage of the gold. Because it is our gold and our land, we insist certain rules are followed to extract the gold, and specifically, where the gold can be extracted from. There are long lines of citizens waiting in line to obtain permission to extract gold from our land in the manner that we have demanded. Why should we succumb to someones lawless behaviour and unwillingness to accept our rules that protect our lands from abuse?
The miners and the miners company has existed BEFORE the feds decided to be bullies and attempt to steal it....try again.
They issued a cease and desist order that has no legal authority. The courts didn't authorize it...so who did? On what grounds?

Screw the sheriff.
This should be good. Show us a link so we know what the heck you are spouting off about.
Did you not read the OP?

Let's refresh your memory (of course, we all know you haven't read shite on this topic, but we'll pretend you did):

" BLM officials accompanied by Josephine County Sheriff deputies issued a cease and desist order to the district without any official ruling by the courts."
I did read the OP. It gives absolutely no evidence that the cease and desist order is not proper or invalid other than the claims of the recipients opinion. For all we know these are the kind of folks who don't recognize courts. So, you don't really have a link to show that the cease and desist order is not a valid court order. All you have is an unsubstantiated blurb from a tea party blog site.

I could be wrong but I don't think that the government needs to go to court to get someone to stop violating the law on federal lands.

I think they only need to go to court to enforce EPA or the Clean Water Act when the violations are happening on privately owned land.

The government already has control and authority over public lands so they don't need a court order. The owners of land don't need to get a judge to enforce ownership and control of the land. However they would need one if it was happening on private land.

So the cease and desist order is probably perfectly legal. If it wasn't then the judge in this case would have thrown it out of court and ruled against the government.

They issued a cease and desist order that has no legal authority. The courts didn't authorize it...so who did? On what grounds?

Screw the sheriff.
This should be good. Show us a link so we know what the heck you are spouting off about.
Did you not read the OP?

Let's refresh your memory (of course, we all know you haven't read shite on this topic, but we'll pretend you did):

" BLM officials accompanied by Josephine County Sheriff deputies issued a cease and desist order to the district without any official ruling by the courts."
I did read the OP. It gives absolutely no evidence that the cease and desist order is not proper or invalid other than the claims of the recipients opinion. For all we know these are the kind of folks who don't recognize courts. So, you don't really have a link to show that the cease and desist order is not a valid court order. All you have is an unsubstantiated blurb from a tea party blog site.

I could be wrong but I don't think that the government needs to go to court to get someone to stop violating the law on federal lands.

I think they only need to go to court to enforce EPA or the Clean Water Act when the violations are happening on privately owned land.

The government already has control and authority over public lands so they don't need a court order. The owners of land don't need to get a judge to enforce ownership and control of the land. However they would need one if it was happening on private land.

So the cease and desist order is probably perfectly legal. If it wasn't then the judge in this case would have thrown it out of court and ruled against the government.

Yes, you are wrong, and obviously completely unversed in this type of scenario.

Now walk to the 7-11 and pick up your 40.

As compared to the Ferguson protestors? Those all American loving little fuzzballs of hope, joy, peace and serenity?

You're one fucked up bigoted perverse asshole if you can call the Bundy protestors trash.

:lol:

ferguson-riots.jpeg

Check out these law abiding patriots! OMG the love of country just oozing from their pores!

:lmao:

ferguson-riots-600.jpg

As compared to the Ferguson protestors? Those all American loving little fuzzballs of hope, joy, peace and serenity?

You're one fucked up bigoted perverse asshole if you can call the Bundy protestors trash.

:lol:

ferguson-riots.jpeg

Check out these law abiding patriots! OMG the love of country just oozing from their pores!

:lmao:

ferguson-riots-600.jpg

I didn't make the comparison, you did. You apparently have no idea what you want to talk about. Maybe you should give it some thought first and get back to me.

Forum List

Back