Bundy Caught Lying about "Ancestral Rights"

edthecynic

Censored for Cynicism
Oct 20, 2008
I-Team: Bundy's 'ancestral rights' come under scrutiny - 8 News NOW

Bundy explained his "ancestral rights" to the I-Team."I've lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. :eusa_liar: All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements," Bundy said.
Clark County property records show Cliven Bundy's parents moved from Bundyville, Arizona and bought the 160 acre ranch in 1948 from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt.

Where did all the wing-nuts go?

Even the Tea Party is Abandoning Cliven Bundy as Facts Clearly Show He's Guilty of Breaking the Law

Though Fox News seems highly invested in doing everything possible to turn Cliven Bundy into some kind of galvanizing conservative icon (and let’s be honest, this kind of anti-government kook plays right into the hands of their audience), mainstream Republican organizations and politicians have mostly avoided the issue.

And it seems even some within the tea party are realizing that Bundy is guilty, owes this money and those supporting him clearly don’t understand the law.

The more this issue gets attention, the more the facts continue to emerge and show that Cliven Bundy is nothing more than a scumbag who doesn’t want to pay grazing fees due to his cattle grazing on land that isn’t his. Once people learn the facts of the case, Bundy’s “anti-government” approach seems far less sexy and simply becomes a case of another person trying to avoid taking personal responsibility for their actions.
- See more at: Even the Tea Party is Abandoning Cliven Bundy as Facts Clearly Show He's Guilty of Breaking the Law

Tea party to rancher Cliven Bundy: Happy trails - David Nather - POLITICO.com

But is Bundy really the guy the right wants as its new hero? And is his fight against big government going to turn national, or is it just an interesting, high-traffic story?

(Also on POLITICO: Reid: Ranch standoff 'not over')

So far, all signs suggest that national Republicans and tea party officials aren’t about to jump on the Bundy bandwagon. After all, if they want to rally voters against big government, they already have Obamacare for that.

Read more: Tea party to rancher Cliven Bundy: Happy trails - David Nather - POLITICO.com

Where are the tee potty Repubs?

Fitz: Cliven

If Nevada cattle rancher Cliven Bundy was an armed inner city black man who refused to pay his rent for years, surrounded himself with a gang of armed extremists who threatened lawmen, and claimed his landlord's property claim was "illegitimate" he would have be branded a "pinhead" and a "parasite" and held up to endless ridicule. But in the world of conservative media....

Bundy explained his "ancestral rights" to the I-Team."I've lived my lifetime here. My forefathers have been up and down the Virgin Valley here ever since 1877. :eusa_liar: All these rights that I claim, have been created through pre-emptive rights and beneficial use of the forage and the water and the access and range improvements," Bundy said.
Clark County property records show Cliven Bundy's parents moved from Bundyville, Arizona and bought the 160 acre ranch in 1948 from Raoul and Ruth Leavitt.

Even in his original story he was late by 16 years. Those eager to support welfare for the rich stuck their heads in the sand.

I've been saying it all along. Bundy is just a wacko freeloader with a lot of militia type hero worshipers. He is going to end up with nobody but the Idaho anti-government nuts as his friends and supporters. He is playing a losing hand in a losing game.

Nobody cares about Bundy. They're just sick of the feds.

It isn't going to stop here.

And the land grab theory was bogus as well. The land in question is 20 miles away from Bundy and the deal with the Chinese fell through back in Jun2013

This is from a conservative site.

The Saga of Bundy Ranch--Federal Power, Rule of Law and Averting Potential Bloodshed

Despite the obvious partisan gain to be had if Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s son Rory (a failed 2010 Nevada gubernatorial candidate) had somehow been involved in a “land grab” affecting the Bundy family ranch operation—the facts just do not pan out as such. Indeed, Rory Reid did in fact have a hand in plans to reclassify federal lands for renewable energy developments. Just northeast of Las Vegas and Nellis Air Force Base, plans were drawn by Reid allies to potentially develop 5,717 acres of land for such use. While it would be fair to claim that such activity was in Bundy’s relative neighborhood, the federal lands once leased by the family were more than 20 miles away, east of Overton, Nevada. Contrasting maps offered by InfoWars and those entered into federal court record prove such a theory to be a stretch.

Ooops :shock: :redface: :lol:

No it's not, idiot. Perhaps his grandparents were living there, and that's why his parents moved there. Perhaps his great grandparents did. Maybe they owned land there..

The point is, just because his parents lived outside of Arizona doesn't make the claim bogus.

Morons. You should really look up definitions once in a while. It's like you're proud of being idiots.

Nobody cares about Bundy. They're just sick of the feds.

It isn't going to stop here.

This sounds a lot like Sharpton's remarks when he found out Tawana Brawley had lied about being kidnapped and raped by policemen.

Sharpton claimed that policemen DID kidnap and rape black women, so the noise he made about the liar's case was justified and should continue.

Yes, the federal gov't is over-stepping its authority. But backing the lying rancher is not a just cause. At least have the decency to admit that.

Forum List

Back