"Bump"

It's one thing to bump a thread that someone else authored, which you find interesting. Nothing wrong with that.

But for the AUTHOR of a thread to then come along and bump it when it drops off the first page, well, what kind of TOOL would do something like that?

YEAH!!! :ack-1:

THIS kind of tool? Moi?

I have been known to start a thread that I honestly thought would generate some response, but did so at a time the board was especially active so it cycled off the active page quickly, or it was late in the day when there weren't too many people around. So I will bump it once or twice to see if I can generate any interest, and if there is none, I let it go.

Earlier today I posted a link of some amazing footage of the tsunami coming onto shore in Japan. But the board has been active today with more folks just looking in on that thread and not posting, but because I know it is of interest to many, I will probably bump that a time or two to give more folks a chance to see it. (It has had 54 looks so far but only 4posts I think.)

But bumping a bad or worn out thread just to keep it going. I try not to do that.

Last edited:
rim-shot-johnny-utahthumbnail.jpg

It's one thing to bump a thread that someone else authored, which you find interesting. Nothing wrong with that.

But for the AUTHOR of a thread to then come along and bump it when it drops off the first page, well, what kind of TOOL would do something like that?

THIS kind of tool? Moi?

I have been known to start a thread that I honestly thought would generate some response, but did so at a time the board was especially active so it cycled off the active page quickly, or it was late in the day when there weren't too many people around. So I will bump it once or twice to see if I can generate any interest, and if there is none, I let it go.

Earlier today I posted a link of some amazing footage of the tsunami coming onto shore in Japan. But the board has been active today with more folks just looking in on that thread and not posting, but because I know it is of interest to many, I will probably bump that a time or two to give more folks a chance to see it. (It has had 54 looks so far but only 4posts I think.)

But bumping a bad or worn out thread just to keep it going. I try not to do that.

I watched that video from your post this afternoon.

THIS kind of tool? Moi?

I watched that video from your post this afternoon.

HIJACKK ALERT! HIJACK ALERT!!!!! :eek:

Forum List

Back