Bump Stocks

Oh for the love of humanity do you even understand why we have bump stocks? Rock me baby.

I don't understand why we have them. If its anything other than to make your gun fire faster please do tell me.
They're a stupid novelty...Using them to make a rifle fire faster throws off the accuracy so as to make them useless in a situation where a select fire weapon would be useful.

With domestic terrorists engaging in mass shootings nearly every week, it would seem that the banning of bump stocks is an urgent national security issue.

After his initial bragging about a federal ban of bump stocks being only a few weeks off, Trump has gone silent on the issue.

Does anyone know where this stands? Is a ban for real or just more Trump hot air?

Trump Says Federal Ban on Bump Stocks Is in Its 'Final Stages'

You can turn your belt loop into a bump stock, chief. It's basic training.

With domestic terrorists engaging in mass shootings nearly every week, it would seem that the banning of bump stocks is an urgent national security issue.

After his initial bragging about a federal ban of bump stocks being only a few weeks off, Trump has gone silent on the issue.

Does anyone know where this stands? Is a ban for real or just more Trump hot air?

The Communistwealth of Taxachusetts banned purchase, ownership and possession of bump stocks and trigger cranks as of February 1, 2018. They only had THREE turned in to police.

Oh for the love of humanity do you even understand why we have bump stocks? Rock me baby.

I don't understand why we have them. If its anything other than to make your gun fire faster please do tell me.
They're a stupid novelty...Using them to make a rifle fire faster throws off the accuracy so as to make them useless in a situation where a select fire weapon would be useful.

Count me in on the I dont understand.

Well, IF bump stocks were being used regularly for mass shootings, you might have a point. But to claim that mass shootings that did not use bump stocks make it urgent to ban bump stocks is nonsensical.

And now a mini-rant. Bump stocks are not common, and have only been used in one mass shooting. They're also pretty pointless a nd 99% of firearms owners would not miss them not even notice.

In other words, it is my opinion that there is no real reason to ban bump stocks, but also no real reason to resist the ban (except for requiring the banners to articulate a logical reason for the ban) but inevitably it's going to be a pointless fight between those who want to ban every gun they find scary, and those who believe "shall not infringe" means "no laws or regulations of any kind. "

And people who like and understand guns but also understand that not all rules an regs infringe our rights bang our heads against the wall in frustration.

Well, IF bump stocks were being used regularly for mass shootings, you might have a point. But to claim that mass shootings that did not use bump stocks make it urgent to ban bump stocks is nonsensical.

And now a mini-rant. Bump stocks are not common, and have only been used in one mass shooting. They're also pretty pointless a nd 99% of firearms owners would not miss them not even notice.

In other words, it is my opinion that there is no real reason to ban bump stocks, but also no real reason to resist the ban (except for requiring the banners to articulate a logical reason for the ban) but inevitably it's going to be a pointless fight between those who want to ban every gun they find scary, and those who believe "shall not infringe" means "no laws or regulations of any kind. "

And people who like and understand guns but also understand that not all rules an regs infringe our rights bang our heads against the wall in frustration.
What rules and regulations don't infringe?

Bump stocks didn't kill 52 people in the most notorious mass shooting in American history. The climate of hatred generated by the left wing and the democrat party along with the media created the environment for a maniac to mow down Americans in what the mainstream media determined to be a Trump Rally as well as a country concert in Vegas. What else could have motivated a man to murder Americans besides hatred and yet the FBI failed to come up with a motive for Paddock's shooting spree while the mainstream media virtually buried the story. Is it possible that the FBI and the media buried the motive as well as the story because it would impact America's opinion of the left wing and their ongoing coup of a sitting President of the United States? Now it's "bump stocks" after a comfortable period of no news? Will the left wing insanity ever cease?

Last edited:

What rules and regulations don't infringe?
Keeping in mind that just because a law is constitutional does not mean it’s a good, or necessary or that I agree with it:
Restrictions on felons owning firearms, bans on carrying firearms in to sensitive areas (schools, government buildings, prisons, churches etc), requiring concealed carry permits (as long as permits are actually issued, wait times aren’t ridiculously long, and requirements aren’t so narrow that almost no one qualifies), hunting regulations on type of firearms and ammunition, restrictions on narrowly defined specific firearms and ammunition (ban on fully automatic weapons, or armor piercing rounds).

None of those deny or seriously reduce the ability of a person to keep and bare arms.

DC’s law banning all handguns and requiring all long guns in the house to be diassembled or locked was a infringement. Chicago’s law requiring registration for handguns, but then refusing to register any was a clear infringement.

For laws not yet decided by the courts, it’s my opinion that Maryland’s laws are so restrictive as to be an infringement...ditto Massachusetts, ditto most of California (the rural counties are less restrictive).

Basically if you can still purchase and own firearms that have common uses (effective self-defense, hunting, competition, range use, plinking) without having to jump through so many hoops that most people are discouraged from trying, and if restrictions on carrying are not overly burdensome, then the law doesn’t infringe. And yes I’m sure there are specific cases I haven’t covered that are also infringements.

you can use a rubber band

or turn your finger into a bump fire

going ban those too

Forum List

Back