Bummer

Againsheila

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2008
Federal Way WA
Both Sky Dancer and Chloe have said goodbye in private messages to me. Sky Dancer even offered to send me her private email, but apparently both their accounts have been deactivated and aren't receiving private messages. So, wherever you are, goodbye, and you'll be missed.

Sky Dancer said good bye to me but it came across more as a F' off kinda thing. I dunno what I said to get that response.

Though both were cool and will be missed ...

... they'll be back. No one ever leaves for good when they make more than a few posts.

I'd like to see them back here too. Anyway sometimes a bit of a break from a forum is a good thing.

I'm pretty sure I used to come here when it was infested with right wing loonies and I just got cheesed off. Left it for a while and came back and found it was infested with LEFT wing loonies so I thought, "I'll feel right at home here!" :lol:

Meh, everyone needs a break now and then, I take a week here and there of no posting or reading sometimes (randomly it seems because it depends on when I need to work).

My problem here is that so many of you buggers are engaging writers and thinkers and just when I think I can leave for a bit I get drawn in by someone's point and off I go - and that cuts across all parts of the political spectrum.

*sigh* if only you lot were more boring and up yourselves like folks on some forums I've been to.....:eusa_eh:

I am sure your are very experienced in both being insane and ignorant..and would be the one to know first hand which one is the most fun..I will take your advice under consideration

'Tis better to have experience in both instead of just one. Also in order to tell when one is not ignorant anymore they must first know when they were.

I came very close to leaving this place a few days ago, myself.

The straw that very nearly broke my back was when somebody decided to N-bomb BAC.

He was probably less offened than I was. My offence came from the fact that people who write here everyday ought to have more sense than to attack each other so vilely.

I am frankly getting weary of the racist blather that gets a pass here.

I don't know why Chloe and Sky Dancer left, but I will miss them both.

They seemed like sweet people so I can see why they decided that this place wasn't their cup of tea.

The rancor and the childish macho crap that seems to impress a lot of us here is rather a waste of time.

Having to wade past the mindless crap from people who take every opportunity to turn the discussion from rational debates to insult-fests grows increasingly tedious, as well.

People here take great joy in attacking others personally. Much more joy, obviously, than they take having a discussion about issues.

That is pretty obvious, isn't it?

The straw that very nearly broke my back was when somebody decided to N-bomb BAC.

He was probably less offened than I was. My offence came from the fact that people who write here everyday ought to have more sense than to attack each other so vilely.

They seemed like sweet people so I can see why they decided that this place wasn't their cup of tea.

The rancor and the childish macho crap that seems to impress a lot of us here is rather a waste of time.

Having to wade past the mindless crap from people who take every opportunity to turn the discussion from rational debates to insult-fests grows increasingly tedious, as well.

People here take great joy in attacking others personally. Much more joy, obviously, than they take having a discussion about issues.

Seems there are only a few that post stuff that's so very vile. I tend to avoid those. I'm not too keen on 'those that have the answers' from right or left. I find more 'in the middle' folks here, than on other boards I go to.

It seems that that type of activity takes place at all message boards that allow free speech.
It truly becomes unfortunate when one allows them self to get caught up in the mindless insults. I will admit that I've been guilty of it myself at times.

It seems that that type of activity takes place at all message boards that allow free speech.
No, not really. I came here from a completely free speech board which has far less of this crap happening than here.

I am talking now about the nasty racist crap that's getting a pass here.

Yopu'd be free to do that there, but people would pretty much just stop engaging you in any kind of discussion if you openly attacked somebody based on race there.

And that place has far more conservatives (who can think clearly) than this one does, too, so it's not about liberalism v conservatism, either.

This place is rife with people obsessed with race, folks.

The obsessional threads we have regarding Israel is proof enough of that.

It truly becomes unfortunate when one allows them self to get caught up in the mindless insults. I will admit that I've been guilty of it myself at times.

Flaming is one thing. Setting out to truly hurt other people quite another.

There's people here who are truly sick of heart.

Both Sky Dancer and Chloe have said goodbye in private messages to me. Sky Dancer even offered to send me her private email, but apparently both their accounts have been deactivated and aren't receiving private messages. So, wherever you are, goodbye, and you'll be missed.

Their accounts are not deactivated. They turned off their own PMs.

I don't know what SD's deal is, but apparently chloe thinks it's perfectly okay for someone from another board to come poaching off this one and appears genuinely clueless to the dishonesty of such behavior and copped n attitude with me for calling it dishonest behavior.

If people want to toss little hissy fits and leave, that's on them.

Forum List

Back