Bullycide

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
The Morris County Prosecutor's Office is investigating the death of a 15-year-old Morristown High School student, a spokesman for the prosecutor's office said.

The student, Lennon Baldwin, died in an apparent suicide in his home earlier this week, Morris School District officials told students. His death is being investigated jointly by local and county law enforcement and the prosecutor's computer crimes unit.

Morris County Prosecutor Robert Bianchi stated that all aspects, including the possibility of bullying, will be investigated in this matter, according to Capt. Jeffrey Paul, a spokesman for the county prosecutor's office.

Death of Morristown High School student under investigation | NJ.com

Tragic.

I'm curious if all teen suicides will now be investigated this aggressively.

At the risk of sounding like a total asshole to the sensitive folk here...........

WTF?
A prosecutor is investigating a suicide?
Tragic as it may be, the teen killed himself. It wasn't a murder.
As a society, have we now become so pansyfied that we now have to try and blame suicide on somebody else and then prosecute? Really?

Way back when I was a teen (and even before that), some kids were bullied, some were the bullies. Nobody committed suicide when I was a kid because some jerk bullied them.
Was it right that some kids were bullied? No, it wasn't. But back then, they pulled up their panties and dealt with it. Back then, bullies would beat you up, steal your lunch money, intimidate you, all face to face. Nowadays, cyber bullying is considered a threat by the pussies our society has become. Seriously? Threatened by somebody over the internet? How fucking cowardly does one have to be to get bullied over the internet? Sometimes I'm amazed that the USA can still produce a standing army with all the PC pansy-ass cowards I read about, and those that would support said PC pansy-ass cowards.

Chanel, I ranted all over your thread.
I bet you'll pull up your big girl panties and not be upset though.

At the risk of sounding like a total asshole to the sensitive folk here...........

WTF?
A prosecutor is investigating a suicide?
Tragic as it may be, the teen killed himself. It wasn't a murder.
As a society, have we now become so pansyfied that we now have to try and blame suicide on somebody else and then prosecute? Really?

Way back when I was a teen (and even before that), some kids were bullied, some were the bullies. Nobody committed suicide when I was a kid because some jerk bullied them.
Was it right that some kids were bullied? No, it wasn't. But back then, they pulled up their panties and dealt with it. Back then, bullies would beat you up, steal your lunch money, intimidate you, all face to face. Nowadays, cyber bullying is considered a threat by the pussies our society has become. Seriously? Threatened by somebody over the internet? How fucking cowardly does one have to be to get bullied over the internet? Sometimes I'm amazed that the USA can still produce a standing army with all the PC pansy-ass cowards I read about, and those that would support said PC pansy-ass cowards.

Chanel, I ranted all over your thread.
I bet you'll pull up your big girl panties and not be upset though.

That's it...blame the victims, not the perpetrators. And your 'risk' came true.

I'm pretty sure that when it comes to suicide, the victim and the perpetrator are the same person.
Call that "blame" all you want, but it just is.

If you can be well without health, you may be happy without virtue.
Edmund Burke

I am of the opinion that there should be no investigation, but I also can understand why some would think that there should be.

Cyberbullying is a phenomenon, that has become part of the internet culture, it can expand beyond our own neighborhood, into cyberspace, which is massive by comparison. In our "real lives", are we actually going to acquire 345 friends or more, like you can do on facebook?. Of course not. Are we going to receive messages from around the world with actual human interaction? Are we going to be piled on by 345 people in our neighborhood because of internet rumors, or the lack of empathy or compassion? Just because our community of actual neighbors are bored?

This boy was born into this culture and did not have a grasp that many of us older people have of actual human interaction. What was reality to him, may not be reality to us. It was a sad day, when parents and society as a whole allowed teens to become part of the social networks with zero moderation. Cell phones, computers have ruined many kids self esteem, and I am sorry. But The boy was at an extremely impressionable age and was experiencing puberty, without the ability to actually fight what the internet culture has become. He may have not seen a way to make it go away. How very sad.

I am of the opinion that there should be no investigation, but I also can understand why some would think that there should be.

Cyberbullying is a phenomenon, that has become part of the internet culture, it can expand beyond our own neighborhood, into cyberspace, which is massive by comparison. In our "real lives", are we actually going to acquire 345 friends or more, like you can do on facebook?. Of course not. Are we going to receive messages from around the world with actual human interaction? Are we going to be piled on by 345 people in our neighborhood because of internet rumors, or the lack of empathy or compassion? Just because our community of actual neighbors are bored?

This boy was born into this culture and did not have a grasp that many of us older people have of actual human interaction. What was reality to him, may not be reality to us. It was a sad day, when parents and society as a whole allowed teens to become part of the social networks with zero moderation. Cell phones, computers have ruined many kids self esteem, and I am sorry. But The boy was at an extremely impressionable age and was experiencing puberty, without the ability to actually fight what the internet culture has become. He may have not seen a way to make it go away. How very sad.

Well put Pixie.

The peer pressure of our youth should be remembered by the adults. I remember it quite well and today it's so much more robust. There are many more platforms to bully and attack others. It happens with some 'adults' here so with our highly peer conscious and Internet able youth.

there are people here who act just like the bullying teens you hear about today.

I have seen people here tell someone who talked of being depressed to go ahead and kill themselves.

I'm pretty sure that when it comes to suicide, the victim and the perpetrator are the same person.
Call that "blame" all you want, but it just is.

If you can be well without health, you may be happy without virtue.
Edmund Burke

"He who exalts himself does not rise high" ~ Lao Tzu

We can play the quote game for weeks if you desire, or, you could respond to.

Hell today some guy on here was defending hacking up an animal in from of his young neighbor kids and thinking he was doing them a favor

Hacking up small animals and talking about eating them and killing them is Not good for kids

How did you bullies react to me disagreeing with your percieved rights to teach your neighbors kids YOUR values?

there are people here who act just like the bullying teens you hear about today.

I have seen people here tell someone who talked of being depressed to go ahead and kill themselves.

Put on your big girl panties, it's the internet.

and you defend such shit because you dont care about others and think this is a some fucking game.

Have you not seen the results of people being told to go ahead and kill themselves?

New Topics

Forum List

Back