Bulletin To The 'No Borders' Crowd

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
It is a doctrine of Liberalism that having borders, and defending them, is a sign of the heartlessness of Rightwingers....mean, rotten Righties who have no compassion for the poor of the world.

But there are many reasons for borders, not the least is that having a specific geography is the definition of a nation.

1. "There is a responsibility that flows from citizenship, duties to others, basically to strangers, including a defense of their common territory and the maintenance of the law that applies within said jurisdiction."
Roger Scruton, "The West and the Rest."

a. Note the central idea: territory. There is no common territory without borders, nor is there national sovereignty.

2.Even Left-leaning Slate mag is getting the reality.

" Unfortunately, many progressives have gone beyond denouncing the obnoxious component of the Arizona statute and the bigotry of many right-wing nativists who defend it to implying that enforcement of any federal immigration law is racist. In doing so, much of the progressive commentariat has demonstrated its distance, not only from the American public as a whole, but also from most Democratic and independent voters." Open borders or high-wage welfare state - Salon.com

And this:
3. "Liberals and mainstream media writers seem offended that Americans want to take precautions--like securing the border--to prevent an Ebola outbreak at home." MSM Liberals Offended Americans Want Secure Borders to Prevent Ebola Outbreak

And this:
4. “A well-placed source informed Congressman Hunter that foreign nationals with known association to IS were apprehended along the Texas-Mexico border," said Joe Kasper, a spokesman for Hunter, R-Alpine. "Beyond that, we confirmed that every day, border officials are apprehending foreign nationals from countries of security interest, including Syria. And it should concern every American, whether in Texas or beyond, that these individuals are getting that close to the border in the first place."
Duncan Hunter Terrorists passed through Mexico into Texas UTSanDiego.com

But there is another reason to have a strong and well defended border.
Coming right up....

It is a doctrine of Liberalism that having borders, and defending them, is a sign of the heartlessness of Rightwingers....mean, rotten Righties who have no compassion for the poor of the world

You can certainly tell by all the frontiers people that died at the hands of those Indian savages, the govt. just didn't care....

where were those conservatives then?

It is a doctrine of Liberalism that having borders, and defending them, is a sign of the heartlessness of Rightwingers....mean, rotten Righties who have no compassion for the poor of the world

You can certainly tell by all the frontiers people that died at the hands of those Indian savages, the govt. just didn't care....

I was once told that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters for a million years would produce Hamlet ..

.....your post... looking at it .... I'd give this seven monkeys, twelve minutes.

I was once told that a million monkeys typing on a million typewriters for a million years would produce Hamlet ..

.....your post... looking at it .... I'd give this seven monkeys, twelve minutes.
Those monkeys have created more pulp fiction than you'll ever read..........

How long would it take one monkey on a message board making multiple long winded posts every day to eventually make sense?

It took you 1 post to get to the off-topic personal insult stage. That ties your record.

There are not enough liberals in the country advocating for 'no borders' to make it a 'liberal' position.

They may not publicly make it a position, but out of the 20%-25% of Americans who are liberals, I would say the vast majority have no interest in having secure borders or even recognizing them.

It is a doctrine of Liberalism that having borders, and defending them, is a sign of the heartlessness of Rightwingers....mean, rotten Righties who have no compassion for the poor of the world.

But there are many reasons for borders, not the least is that having a specific geography is the definition of a nation.

1. "There is a responsibility that flows from citizenship, duties to others, basically to strangers, including a defense of their common territory and the maintenance of the law that applies within said jurisdiction."

a. Note the central idea: territory. There is no common territory without borders, nor is there national sovereignty.

" Unfortunately, many progressives have gone beyond denouncing the obnoxious component of the Arizona statute and the bigotry of many right-wing nativists who defend it to implying that enforcement of any federal immigration law is racist. In doing so, much of the progressive commentariat has demonstrated its distance, not only from the American public as a whole, but also from most Democratic and independent voters." Open borders or high-wage welfare state - Salon.com

And this:
3. "Liberals and mainstream media writers seem offended that Americans want to take precautions--like securing the border--to prevent an Ebola outbreak at home." MSM Liberals Offended Americans Want Secure Borders to Prevent Ebola Outbreak

And this:
4. “A well-placed source informed Congressman Hunter that foreign nationals with known association to IS were apprehended along the Texas-Mexico border," said Joe Kasper, a spokesman for Hunter, R-Alpine. "Beyond that, we confirmed that every day, border officials are apprehending foreign nationals from countries of security interest, including Syria. And it should concern every American, whether in Texas or beyond, that these individuals are getting that close to the border in the first place."

Coming right up....
1) I don't know of any liberals that believe in open borders

Last edited:

And your dumb ass believes it.

And this:

And this:

Coming right up....
1) I don't know of any liberals that believe in open boarders
or free boarders, not to mention idleness and loitering.....

It took you 1 post to get to the off-topic personal insult stage. That ties your record.
it's political chick what do you expect some sort of actual thought???

Last edited:

And it was a progtards FIRST post in the thread after the OP that was a stupid, irrelevant comment.

No record set there, that's par for the course for you jackasses.

itys political chick what do you expect some sort of actual thought???
Only at moments in your life that you are so bored you could rip your eyes out...

There are not enough liberals in the country advocating for 'no borders' to make it a 'liberal' position.

It is a big liberal tent NYC. If you are going to hold every conservative view to the fire, then it works both ways.

And this:

And this:

Coming right up....
1) I don't know of any liberals that believe in open boarders
I do... OBAMA.

Forum List

Back