Bulldozers, Bombs, and Neon: How to Enjoy Las Vegas Without the Sin

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
ut_vegas_2f.jpg

[Sure surprised me to see this on Wired. I do remember when this slipper stood proudly outside of The Silver Slipper on The Strip. A great poker game with all the ladies of the night hanging out at the bar.]

Las Vegas glitters in the desert like a mirage, beckoning visitors to stop by for a drink—or a debauched weekend. But even if you don’t have a system to beat the house, you’ve probably been to Vegas. It’s the convention capital of the world, hosting about 20,000 annually. The 47-year-old Consumer Electronics Show that descends on Vegas each January is the biggest. This year, about 150,000 attendees will pump cash into Sin City nightlife—as well as less vice-ridden attractions. “From Red Rock Canyon to Hoover Dam,” mayor Carolyn Goodman says, “we’re an amazing hiking, climbing, cycling, and golf destination.” Plus, you know, gambling and booze.

I read the list and have to admit that I've never visited a single one of these places. And it left out The Springs Preserve along with a lot of others. The original Wired piece is @ Bulldozers, Bombs, and Neon: How to Enjoy Las Vegas Without the Sin | Underwire | Wired.com but I also recommend checking out this list @ Las Vegas Attractions | Pools, Museums, Golf | LasVegas.com which is a truly comprehensive list.

Forum List

Back