Bulldoze Puerto Rico

How do u feel about aid to Florida and Texas?

Just fine.
Those states actually support the economy....PR not so much.
And that shows how little you understand. Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? I lived there for 18 months. The amount of manufacturing, pharmaceutical plants and agriculture there is staggering. Tourism, high tech and our military community there adds millions, if not billions to our economy.

So how much do they pay in taxes to the U.S.?
They pay taxes. The factories pay taxes, the farmers pay taxes, the hoteliers pay taxes and the Puerto Rican's, who are American citizens, pay taxes.

Better check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Puerto Ricans do not pay federal income tax on income they earn in Puerto Rico.

Why can't we all have that special privilege?
You can vote for a voting member of congress and a senator. Puerto Rican's can't.

Just fine.
And that shows how little you understand. Have you ever been to Puerto Rico? I lived there for 18 months. The amount of manufacturing, pharmaceutical plants and agriculture there is staggering. Tourism, high tech and our military community there adds millions, if not billions to our economy.

We don't have a military community there much anymore. All of you people screaming about cutting the military bases can use Puerto Rico as a prime example of your shortsightedness.
When I was there I worked on NAS Roosevelt Roads in Ceiba.

Just fine.

So how much do they pay in taxes to the U.S.?
They pay taxes. The factories pay taxes, the farmers pay taxes, the hoteliers pay taxes and the Puerto Rican's, who are American citizens, pay taxes.

Better check yourself before you wreck yourself!

Puerto Ricans do not pay federal income tax on income they earn in Puerto Rico.

Why can't we all have that special privilege?
You can vote for a voting member of congress and a senator. Puerto Rican's can't.

They should have a vote. I believe Congress should give them a choice: statehood or independence. Either way they get to vote for their country's leadership. Right now they suck up our tax dollars and do not contribute.

Just fine.

We don't have a military community there much anymore. All of you people screaming about cutting the military bases can use Puerto Rico as a prime example of your shortsightedness.
When I was there I worked on NAS Roosevelt Roads in Ceiba.

Been there recently? Of course you haven't!

It closed in 2004!

Forum List

Back