Bull Lovers Thread

He's a magnificent bull!

Barnsford-Ferny-548797.jpg

You won't think they are so cute when one is chasing after you when you walk across the field to go to the fishing pond...

My cousin and I got lost in the woods one day, and we came across a big field (part of a farm), and there was a bull on the other side of the field, so we thought we would be fine to stay on our side and get to the fence to climb it and get out to the street. As soon as the bull saw us, he started running towards us. We screamed and ran and jumped over the fence and just kept running and never even looked back! :lol: He was pretty far away, but it was still pretty scary and made the adrenaline pump.

My cousin and I got lost in the woods one day, and we came across a big field (part of a farm), and there was a bull on the other side of the field, so we thought we would be fine to stay on our side and get to the fence to climb it and get out to the street. As soon as the bull saw us, he started running towards us. We screamed and ran and jumped over the fence and just kept running and never even looked back! :lol: He was pretty far away, but it was still pretty scary and made the adrenaline pump.

Yes, they will chase you. Good thing you and your friend got over the fence, Chris!. They also chase trucks, cars, anything moving is a target. It depends on whether the farmer uses a shock stick but if he does - you can yell ho! and hold a stick up in the air and if he sees it he'll stop dead in his tracks. When people are in "their territory" they can be very aggressive. It's instinctive.

I remember back in high school days we'd go pick mushrooms and occasionally this mean ass bull would be in the particular pasture we had to cross.
We solved the issue by having someone go to the far end of the pasture and get the bulls attention while we hauled ass across.

Forum List

Back