Building the ground zero mosque

obvious_troll.jpg

I've got an idea.

I am going to create a sock puppet and call it "Conservativeman4Eva" and start making a bunch of asinine threads that purport to support the conservative mindset but in reality are intended to make conservatives look like morons.

My plan is brilliant!

No one will ever see through my diabolical plot.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:evil:

islam4ever, et al,

Probably so.

You cannot stop us.
Our mosque will be built, and don't you dare try and stop us !! Haha!!
(COMMENT)

While coercion and threats seem the order of the day, oddly enough, given the availability of funding, under US Law, it seems the project (Park51) is protected. And many of us are caught in this Catch-22; we fought for your rights, must allow the very radicalism you express because you hide behind that freedom that you are using to thumb your nose at us.

But, if you truly believe in the concept of building a bridge between the two cultures, you might reconsider your approach. The gloating over the exploitation of US freedoms, where in most Islamic Nations, these freedoms are repressed, is not the way to do it.

Being a Muslim is a double-edge sword; in the positive and in the negative. It is America and the New Yorkers that take the risk. It has not been all that long ago that Americans, under the Islamic Banner, have been highlighted supporting terrorism.

. Hussein Ibish, executive director of the Hala Salaam Maksoud Foundation for Arab-American Leadership, says in terms of counterterrorism efforts, “Most of the major successes the government claims within the United States have actually involved cooperation with the local Muslim communities.” He points to the arrest of the “Lackawanna Six,” a group of Yemeni-Americans who attended a terrorist training camp in Afghanistan, as one example where reports of suspicion from Muslims in the area led to the initial government investigation. Authorities investigated and later arrested six men plotting an assault on Fort Dix, New Jersey after a shopkeeper reported a suspicious request to copy a jihadi videotape.​

We (Americans) can only hope that in the resolution of this particular matter, that the Muslim Community remembers that, in this time --- and --- in this place, radical Muslims hide in the mist of their community. The threat can come from within. And America is naturally wary of this. Remember Fort Hood, MAJ Nidal Malik Hasan, born in Arlington, Virginia, worshipped at the Dar al-Hijrah Islamic Centre in Falls Church. Only the irrational would not have some thought on the connection. Then they hear you. What are they to think and how does your attitude promote Islam?

Most Respectfully,
R

You cannot stop us.

Our mosque will be built, and don't you dare try and stop us !! Haha!!

I support the right to build a mosque anywhere they want to. Even in the WTC itself.

I do not think it will end up getting built. Getting things done in NYC is not easy. I don't think they have the financing to build a project of that magnitude

Forum List

Back