Building the Border Fence - A Public/Private Partnership

[

Narco tunels have been becoming increasingly sofisticated. And although the primary use is drug smuggling I find no reason for which they could not be used to allow persons cross the border.

image_230602_6.jpg

Underground microphones and ground-penetrating radar. When found...pump them full of nerve gas.

Cement would work just as well.

Need lots of concrete to fill a tunnel that size...but only a little nerve gas to make it impassible.

You really believe some ignorant peasants who probably can't even read are going to build an ultralight?
No , but I think they might buy it. Last time I checked exporting ultrilights to Mexico was perfectly legal.

So how many peasants are going to buy an ultralight? 3?
The average illegal pays between 3K and 5K to a coyete. Now , build a fence and maybe they'll give the ultralights a try.
IF (and this is a big if ) it works , then the demand for cheap ultralights will rise . I imagine one of the best ways to put an ultralight to good use would be 10 mile dip into the gulf of mexico completely avoiding the wall ( and probably outrunning any boats).

There are plenty of chep ultralight options :
Ultralight Aircraft - Airplanes For Sale New Used Ultralight Aircraft at Barnstormers.com

So yea, it might start with 3.

So turn a few dozen into wreckage and fish food. Can't imagine an ultralight holds up to .50BMG rounds, Stinger missiles, or 7.62NATO fire very well.

Whose rights are violated by a fence?
The property owners...
Ever heard of eminent domain?
Yep, but that goes totally again Private Property Rights eh?

Dude, private property rights in this country ended ten years ago. (June 23, 2005, to be exact.)
Since I still own private property I hadn't noticed.

No, you don't. You are permitted to rent and use the property as long as a bureaucrat does not decide he has a better use for it.

You and the East Germans are cut from the same cloth.

It is amazing that liberals are called 'commies', when it is impossible to separate the right in America from commie policies.

While not all conservatives are authoritarians; all highly authoritarian personalities are political conservatives.
Robert Altmeyer - The Authoritarians

Does it HURT to be this stupid?

It may work, but it certainly won't solve the illegal immigration problem because most illegal immigrants in the US entered the country legally. When their visas and work permits expired they just remain here and nothing was done
I would challenge the adjective "most". The figures I found talked about 30% to 40%, regardless there must be other ways to solve this problem.
Make enforceable laws and enforce them. Have reasonable quotas. Track down visa expiration. Create a more usable verification system for employers and punish those that hire illegals. Provide permanent residence for illegal immigrants that have lived in the country for 10 years or more and are an assets to their community. Grant permanent residency to those brought into the country illegally as children.

All the laws in the world won't make a difference if elected officials refuse to enforce them. That's the only problem we have here: Obama and his ilk refuse to enforce the laws on the books.

I can remember when an 'ilk' named Reagan helped amnesty millions. Cheap labor, more people to raise the GDP etc. Issues like immigration keep people angry and not thinking about the small percentage of billionaires who have kept all the profit gains for the last 35-40 years, while the middle class has lost ground.

He should have been shot for treason for doing it.

This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

US-Mexico Border Tighter Border Security Requires Mexico s Cooperation

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?
"Race To The Top" - 2 American women climb US-Mexico border fence in less than 18 seconds- Build and they will climb it or maybe just drive over it.

8fcd9e40b11c901e1f0f6a7067008ea7.jpg

All the laws in the world won't make a difference if elected officials refuse to enforce them. That's the only problem we have here: Obama and his ilk refuse to enforce the laws on the books.
The lack of support goes much further than just elected officials.
For six decades the border hasn't been closed but it's all Obama's fault. I had no idea he'd been President for that long, or even alive?

Democrats are at fault. They are the ones who consistently do everything possible to avoid enforcing our immigration laws. From creating "sanctuary" cities to imposing amnesty by Executive Order, Democrats are the ones responsible.

REALLY?

pensito-infograph-gop-executive-amnesties.jpg
Neither political party has been successful in dealing with immigration. Our immigration laws encourage illegal immigration and allow administrations to create policies that should be in the statues. The system is unfair, inefficient, and filled with abuses and human rights violations. It's no wonder that states and communities across the country either ignore federal immigration laws or create their own.

It's not our immigration laws that are the problem. It's politicians who refuse to enforce them. By that I mean Democrats.

Last edited:
This idea should make liberal heads explode, the main reason being that it would obviously work:

To quickly secure our Southern Border, open the construction of the border fence to public and private sponsorship. Crowd source it.

If individuals, private organizations, and state or local governments with jurisdiction were allowed to finance construction of one mile segments, build out would occur quickly, leaving only a subset for the Federal Government to finance.

What do you think of this as a "power down" solution for a future Republican Administration?
"Race To The Top" - 2 American women climb US-Mexico border fence in less than 18 seconds- Build and they will climb it or maybe just drive over it.

Sure, I can build a fence that 5-year-old could climb. So what? The fence in the photos is pathetic compared to what is being proposed. Furthermore, where are the border guards? 5 minutes is plenty of time for them to show up and arrest anyone violating our border.

[

Narco tunels have been becoming increasingly sofisticated. And although the primary use is drug smuggling I find no reason for which they could not be used to allow persons cross the border.

image_230602_6.jpg

Underground microphones and ground-penetrating radar. When found...pump them full of nerve gas.

Need lots of concrete to fill a tunnel that size...but only a little nerve gas to make it impassible.

A little concrete every 50 feet would do the trick. We don't need to be killing people just because they try to sneak in. The death penalty is a little harsh for violating our immigration laws.

Sure, I can build a fence that 5-year-old could climb. So what? The fence in the photos is pathetic compared to what is being proposed. Furthermore, where are the border guards? 5 minutes is plenty of time for them to show up and arrest anyone violating our border.

Building walls around the county will have little effect. They drive, fly, and sail into the country many with visas and work permits and remain as long as they like. 40% of illegal immigrants in the US are living here with expired VISAs.

Forty Percent of Non-Citizens Live in U.S. on Expired Visitor Student Visas

Last edited:

Building walls around the county will have little effect. They drive, fly, and sail into the country many with visas and work permits and remain as long as they like. 40% of illegal immigrants in the US are living here with expired VISAs.

The other 60% walk across the Southern border. Your theory that if we can't solve the problem with expired visas then we can't do anything about the other 60% is a prescription for doing nothing. Of course, that's exactly what you want because you support illegal immigration. Virtually everyone who attacks the fence doesn't want to do anything about illegal immigration. You're all a gang of lying traitors.

The bottom line is, there is no willful appeal to ignorance of our Commerce Clause.

Why are we losing money on Commerce at our borders?

Dude, just stop with the one-note trolling.
Dude, there is no willful appeal to ignorance of our Commerce Clause.
If you mention the Commerce Clause one more time I'm going to put you on 'ignore.'

You mean you HAVEN'T yet?!

The other 60% walk across the Southern border. Your theory that if we can't solve the problem with expired visas then we can't do anything about the other 60% is a prescription for doing nothing. Of course, that's exactly what you want because you support illegal immigration. Virtually everyone who attacks the fence doesn't want to do anything about illegal immigration. You're all a gang of lying traitors.

No, the other 60% doesn't just wall across the boarder. They enter the country illegally at border crossing, airports, boats, and also at the Canadian border.

They will still come over or under the fence. I'm not saying it would not deter some but I think the results will not be worth the cost.

The bottom line is, there is no willful appeal to ignorance of our Commerce Clause.

If you mention the Commerce Clause one more time I'm going to put you on 'ignore.'
go for it; you have nothing but fallacy anyway since you can't come up with any valid rebuttal. thanks for sharing in the public domain.

[

image_230602_6.jpg

Yea great, until you notice the tunel might not be a perfect engineering feat, and is leaking.

go for it; you have nothing but fallacy anyway since you can't come up with any valid rebuttal. thanks for sharing in the public domain.
You don't have much better. You keep droning on about the commerce clause as though it means anything at all in this conversation. Guess what - it does not.

The federal government has the authority AND responsibility to secure the borders - period. That is not and never has been in dispute. The commerce clause does not need to be watered down into a meaningless phrase to give the government that authority - it is already there without it. The question has never been weather or not the government has the authority but rather how should it execute it.

[

image_230602_6.jpg

Yea great, until you notice the tunel might not be a perfect engineering feat, and is leaking.

Nerve gas isn't really a gas. It's a mist that eventually settles to the ground. Introducing it into tunnels would be problematic, to say the least.

Forum List

Back