Building An Empire: Debating The Future Worth Of RGIII

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By Candice Leigh Helfand
December 27, 2012 2:39 PM

156659038.jpg

WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – Robert Griffin III is not only taking the National Football League by storm, but the Washington Redskins rookie quarterback is already building himself a brand in the mold of Michael Jordan, LeBron James and Peyton Manning.

Read more @ Building An Empire: Debating The Future Worth Of RGIII « CBS DC

Inb4 RGIII gets Randal Cunningham style injury.

Uh, how many Titles has Atlanta and Philly won with Michael Vick?

Does ESPN push that "RGIII Savior of the NFL" angle 24/7 now? (I don't have Cable TV)

Does ESPN push that "RGIII Savior of the NFL" angle 24/7 now? (I don't have Cable TV)

I absolutely agree with you. I watched the Washington/Dallas game last weekend, and I was just not that impressed with RG III.

He missed a lot of pretty easy throws. His throwing motion was not exactly "textbook", either. Dallas should have won that game, but as is always the case, Dallas managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

I like RG III, but the hype is way overblown and borders on comical. RG III is a quality human being, a leader, and you have to like everything about him. But his style of play will result in plenty of injuries, which will hinder his development and probably shorten his career.

I see RG III, the football player, as a Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham hybrid.

I see Andrew Luck as a Peyton Manning/Tom Brady type of quarterback who is MOBILE. Now THAT is scary.

The Colts are going to be a top tier for MANY years to come. Luck is truly the "real deal". He has it all, and he has a young team behind him that is only going to get better with experience.

The Colts are damn SCARY, for probably the next 5-10 years, at least. Once they get ALL the pieces in place, the Colts could easily become the next "dynasty".

Take your pick. If I were rebuilding an NFL football team, I'll take Andrew Luck, without a doubt.

Disclaimer: I live in the northeast, I am an ardent Patriots fan, and I have been a lifelong Browns fan (my hometown). Bernie Kosar has been, and always will be, my football "hero".
I am NOT a Colts fan. I am NOT a Broncos fan. I am NOT a Steelers fan.

Tonight on the radio ESPN is raving about The Seattle Defense. Oh and RGIII's injury and if Shananigan screwed up leaving him in there until he collapsed.

I'm afraid he will end up with the knees of Joe Namath before he is done

I look for RG3 to have a five year career before he is forced to retire

First the guy is a class act and a true role model for kids. Second, he can run like Vick, but his arm, accuracy, field vision, patience and football IQ is what makes him great. Third, he has an awesome nickname RGIII.

While I am a dead hard Bears fan, I root for this guy!

You don't like him because he is a conservative Black man!!!

He hurt his knee. He will have a long offseason to rest and take care of it! RGIII, Rodgers, Luck and Wilson will be competing for the QB throne over the next decade, when Manning and Brady (and to a lesser extent Brees) pass it off.

Personally I think Rodgers will be the best, but I would take RGIII over Luck and Wilson!!!

Aaron Rodgers is a 7 year pro. I wouldn't exactly place him in the Luck, Wilson and RG3 group. He already has the throne.

Aaron Rodgers is a 7 year pro. I wouldn't exactly place him in the Luck, Wilson and RG3 group. He already has the throne.

Over the next 10 years! Right now Roethlisberger, both Mannings, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Schaub, Ryan and Stafford are above these 3, but I think all 3 will move up the list. I think RG3 will move up the quickest. He will be the only one of the 3 to move into the top 5 next season!

You don't like him because he is a conservative Black man!!!

He hurt his knee. He will have a long offseason to rest and take care of it! RGIII, Rodgers, Luck and Wilson will be competing for the QB throne over the next decade, when Manning and Brady (and to a lesser extent Brees) pass it off.

Personally I think Rodgers will be the best, but I would take RGIII over Luck and Wilson!!!

I am a Giants fan and I love RG3. One of the most exciting players I have seen in years I just don't think his style will lead to longevity. A serious knee injury in your first year does not look promising.

Over the next 10 years! Right now Roethlisberger, both Mannings, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Schaub, Ryan and Stafford are above these 3, but I think all 3 will move up the list. I think RG3 will move up the quickest. He will be the only one of the 3 to move into the top 5 next season!

I don't believe that Roethlisberger, Rivers, Schaub, and Ryan belong in the same sentence with the other quarterbacks you mentioned.

I would take Luck, right now, over all four of the QBs I mentioned.

I don't believe that Roethlisberger, Rivers, Schaub, and Ryan belong in the same sentence with the other quarterbacks you mentioned.

I would take Luck, right now, over all four of the QBs I mentioned.

I look forward to your opinion after next Sunday.

Forum List

Back