Building a better health care system

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Digibomber, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Digibomber

Digibomber Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The main problem with the current administration's health care reform proposal is that it does nothing to control the spiraling costs of health care and adds a large tax burden to be paid of in the future.

While we still need to provide universal care and protect families from bankruptcy the main driver of any reform should be to reduce the rising cost burden to businesses and individuals.

My belief is that it can be achieved through a combination of a high deductible catastrophic insurance and reducing regulation to help medical providers compete. Read more at : XXXXXXX

What do people think should be the right approach?

2. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    I reject the premise.

"WE" don't need to provide jack shit.

"WE" need big gubmint to get the hell out of the way and quit pretending that their meddling is doing anyone, besides they and their bureaucratic hangers-on, any favors.

3. Oscar Wao

Oscar Wao Victory is Mine

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Remove some of the dumb assed regulations that are in place right now (like I can't get health insurance from some insurance company in another state if it's nicer and more affordable than the Hoosier State's one?! Like double eu tee eff mate!).

For starters...

4. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Didn't you hear, there is no regulation in healthcare ... none at all, remember? That's the reason it's corrupt, yeppers, no regulations in healthcare exist right now.

5. DiveCon

DiveCon gone

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,387
    that is a states issue though
    the states need to allow that

6. Digibomber

Digibomber Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What premise do you reject, that health care costs are outlandish and we need to do something about them? Have you tried paying for health care with your own money and not someone else's?

Did you even read the article, I said nothing about big gubmint. I just said that we need to make people responsible for their own health and use their own money to pay for health care. Not someone else's, not tax payer's, but your own. That is the only way costs will come down in this country. Increasing free market competition amongst medical providers will reduce costs and spur innovation.

We need health-care reform not more health-insurance.

7. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    I've more than tried, I've done so....And so have of a lot of my friends and acquaintances.

The problem with costs is direct product of separating the consumer from the costs of the end service. A situation caused, as least in part, by the attitude that "WE" have to do something....That's the premise that I reject.

8. Digibomber

Digibomber Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That is exactly what I am saying. In order for costs to reduce, the consumer needs to be responsible for paying for the end service. If that doesn't happen the costs will continue to spiral out of control.

If "WE" don't do it, who else will? "WE" have to take responsibility for the mess that has been created, maybe not by "US", but "WE" are the one's who are affected. The big gubmint that you talk about will do nothing to reduce costs and "WE" are the ones who will end up paying the price.

9. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey Diamond Member Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,370
    A two-tier system, like Australia, will control the health cost spiral. Just as USPS keeps FedEx, Airborne, etc., honest on their prices, so will a government payer option along side the health insurance industry. That is why the health insurance folks are squealing so loud and why they are buying such huge ad loads with Laura, Michael, Glenn, Sean, RushbinLimbaugh and the other demagogues of the right. A government payer option will stop the bleeding and permit the healing.

10. reiidlynch

reiidlynch BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Health care is a system which want pre planning. The calculation of caring life and health is necessary. It increase perfect balance of life and health.