Building a 1.6 billion car manufacturing facility for only 0.6 billion dollars. How thrifty!

I think it's slowly dawning on the board's "special" progressive that the economy under Trump is doing far better than it ever did under Barry and THAT could be a huge problem for Democrats running against him! Why would any rational person vote for people that have proven they don't have a clue about jobs...or the economy?
And yet, it was under "Barry" that we had a record 6.2 million unfilled jobs. Which we still have unfilled. Why? Because people lack education and job training. What do Republicans think of education?

The majority of Republicans say colleges are bad for America (yes, really)

So who is going to get hired?

Survey: GOP business executives want immigrant workers, not voters

DUH! Bitch Slap! Pow! In your face! Bam!
Instead of putting people in public indoctrination stations(schools) send them to private schools(charter) and watch those coming out getting skills to enable them to work, instead of being dumbasses that go on to higher indoctrination, where they come out smart enough to work at Starbucks..

Toyota and Mazda Select Alabama for New Auto Factory

Plant will bring $1.6 billion in investment, up to 4,000 jobs

The plant is such a highly sought-after prize that Toyota and Mazda were said to press for an incentive package worth at least $1 billion. The automakers have pledged to create as many as 4,000 jobs.

-------------------------

So they are building a 1.6 billion dollar plant for 0.6 billion. And the 4th poorest state is spending the OTHER billion hoping they create up to 4,000 jobs. So what is that? Like $25,000.00 a job with no guarantee they will actually create those jobs?

And what kind of jobs will they be?

Automated Car Production

How many people do you see in this picture:
1460146260_1.jpg

There is one off to the extreme right and he/she is sitting down.

Alabama Senate Approves Shifting $100 Million Away From Schools

You know what that means? "Foreign Workers" to fill the gap.

This is the problem with the GOP. They are blinded by a sparkling
$ sign but can't see any of the details.

Someone is going to make a lot of money, but it won't be the people of Alabama.
I remember back in the day when Air Force jets were loaded with vacuum tubes and large carbon resistors. But instead of staying with those items, they taught me about Digital Technics, where Silicon Transistors replaced the tubes and small resistors replaced the large ones. Today is the same, stay a buggy whip maker and fail, or learn the new and stay with the future. liberals are too stupid to learn stuff, which is why they stay poor and bitch and moan about others who move on and up...
They taught you about solid state electronics dufass...If you learned that at all. I was taught solid state electronics which is what was used until recently when they went to surface mount..

I think it's slowly dawning on the board's "special" progressive that the economy under Trump is doing far better than it ever did under Barry and THAT could be a huge problem for Democrats running against him! Why would any rational person vote for people that have proven they don't have a clue about jobs...or the economy?
And yet, it was under "Barry" that we had a record 6.2 million unfilled jobs. Which we still have unfilled. Why? Because people lack education and job training. What do Republicans think of education?

Instead of putting people in public indoctrination stations(schools) send them to private schools(charter) and watch those coming out getting skills to enable them to work, instead of being dumbasses that go on to higher indoctrination, where they come out smart enough to work at Starbucks..
If that were true then all that attend private schools would be a genius yet they are not...

1. You are correct that such incentive shopping around should be stopped, at least internally in the US.

2. If you have any real reason to believe that the jobs will not be forthcoming present it. A photo showing a small section of a factory, is not it. For all we know, there are hundreds of people out of frame.

3. YOur pretense that you care about the people of Alabama is noted, laughed at and dismissed.
You ask me to prove something I've proven many times and then you slander and attack me. Which, of course, makes you an A$$ Whole.

I don't get your kind. I really don't. It's so easy to look stuff up and you want to be spoon fed. Where do you work? Wal Mart?

10 Auto Industry Jobs that Will Die Due to Automation

Auto-Assembly-Line-750x469.jpg

The Digital Automotive Factory Arrives | Automation World

This was a year ago. Many jobs have already been lost.

Go ahead, it's your turn to apologize.

From your link.

"It’s only a matter of time before robotics will be perfected as technologies advance, and once again, the workers will be replaced with automation."

Going away eventually is not the same as not being created.

Being concerned with, and discussing the long term effects of the coming age of robotics and AI is completely valid.

Using that long term issue as an excuse to dismiss or attack efforts to get jobs for people in the short term is not.

And I've seen too many lefties slandering and marginalizing Southerns in general, and Alabama specifically to take any leftie's stated concern at face value.
I've been in 'Bama for the Army and they are no more stupid than Okies where I grew up....

The plant is such a highly sought-after prize that Toyota and Mazda were said to press for an incentive package worth at least $1 billion. The automakers have pledged to create as many as 4,000 jobs.

So they are building a 1.6 billion dollar plant for 0.6 billion. And the 4th poorest state is spending the OTHER billion hoping they create up to 4,000 jobs. So what is that? Like $25,000.00 a job with no guarantee they will actually create those jobs?

Automated Car Production

1460146260_1.jpg

I remember back in the day when Air Force jets were loaded with vacuum tubes and large carbon resistors. But instead of staying with those items, they taught me about Digital Technics, where Silicon Transistors replaced the tubes and small resistors replaced the large ones. Today is the same, stay a buggy whip maker and fail, or learn the new and stay with the future. liberals are too stupid to learn stuff, which is why they stay poor and bitch and moan about others who move on and up...
They taught you about solid state electronics dufass...If you learned that at all. I was taught solid state electronics which is what was used until recently when they went to surface mount..
Well, punk, since you were probably a punishment for your mother after I was taught "Digital Technics" and have the certificate to prove it, yes, it was teaching solid state devices. But as the libtard you are, you wouldn't understand why military calls things what they do...

If that were true then all that attend private schools would be a genius yet they are not...
Compared to the morons that come out of the public education(through indoctrination) like you, any failed student out of private schools is a genius.

A typical publicly educated democrat voter.

Automated Car Production

1460146260_1.jpg

Well, punk, since you were probably a punishment for your mother after I was taught "Digital Technics" and have the certificate to prove it, yes, it was teaching solid state devices. But as the libtard you are, you wouldn't understand why military calls things what they do...
Of course I wouldn't I was just a 27E, 71L and 52D in the Army..

Compared to the morons that come out of the public education(through indoctrination) like you, any failed student out of private schools is a genius.

I didn't go to public schools dipshit. I had to go to a christian anal retentive school and the folks there were just a dumb as those in the public schools, same with college...And you think a rich fellow like yerself could afford new memes.....A gif occasionally, you must be really lazy intellectually...

Automated Car Production

1460146260_1.jpg

Army, well that explains it all. Couldn't pass the exam to be a Marine, Navy or Air Force, so had to go Army, right? Or was it that you had a choice, 5 years in jail or else?

I didn't go to public schools dipshit. I had to go to a christian anal retentive school and the folks there were just a dumb as those in the public schools, same with college...

And only could get Army huh? That was one hell of an education and money wasted.

Automated Car Production

1460146260_1.jpg

Army, well that explains it all. Couldn't pass the exam to be a Marine, Navy or Air Force, so had to go Army, right? Or was it that you had a choice, 5 years in jail or else?
Marines and Navy are full of gay convicts and if they ain't gay they will be after joining.....Air Force naw, my family has a history of being Army dogs back to the revolutionary dayz.....My son was a wingnut though..he did "digital electronics" on ICBMs up in Montana...
What's the difference between analog and digital electronics?
Since you know so much...

I didn't go to public schools dipshit. I had to go to a christian anal retentive school and the folks there were just a dumb as those in the public schools, same with college...

And only could get Army huh? That was one hell of an education and money wasted.

If it was okay for George Washington it's okay with me...You never saw a goddamned motherfucking Jarhead become president...

Marines and Navy are full of gay convicts and if they ain't gay they will be after joining.....Air Force naw, my family has a history of being Army dogs back to the revolutionary dayz.....My son was a wingnut though..he did "digital electronics" on ICBMs up in Montana...
I have been working with computers now since i was on the F-15. If you dont know where to find the information, stay in the Army..Analog vs Digital - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

I have been working with computers now since i was on the F-15. If you dont know where to find the information, stay in the Army..Analog vs Digital - Difference and Comparison | Diffen
I know the diff i was wanting to see if you did but you linked it instead of typing from knowledge...I worked on the TOW I and II....missile systems, just like my Dad in the Army did before me....

You ask me to prove something I've proven many times and then you slander and attack me. Which, of course, makes you an A$$ Whole.

I don't get your kind. I really don't. It's so easy to look stuff up and you want to be spoon fed. Where do you work? Wal Mart?

10 Auto Industry Jobs that Will Die Due to Automation

Auto-Assembly-Line-750x469.jpg

The Digital Automotive Factory Arrives | Automation World

This was a year ago. Many jobs have already been lost.

Go ahead, it's your turn to apologize.

From your link.

"It’s only a matter of time before robotics will be perfected as technologies advance, and once again, the workers will be replaced with automation."

Being concerned with, and discussing the long term effects of the coming age of robotics and AI is completely valid.

Using that long term issue as an excuse to dismiss or attack efforts to get jobs for people in the short term is not.

And I've seen too many lefties slandering and marginalizing Southerns in general, and Alabama specifically to take any leftie's stated concern at face value.
Depends on how you define "perfected".

87% of lost manufacturing jobs are already lost. "Perfected" is when they are all gone.

Is that what you are looking forward to? When they are all gone?

Robots have been taking American jobs

Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Boston University surveyed robots' impact on the U.S. labor market between 1990 and 2007, thereby avoiding data abnormalities from the mass job losses seen during the Great Recession.

They found "large and robust negative effects of robots on employment and wages" across local economies impacted by automation.

---------

See that? All the way back to 1990.

Ignoring a potentially good job, because some day a robot will do it, does not solve anyone's problems.

DO you have an answer, or do you just bring this up, when a republican might get some credit for something and you want to minimize it?
Ignoring a potentially good job, because some day a robot will do it

Since I never said that, what is it? Some kind of conspiracy? Something imagined? Some pointless point?

You attacked the very idea of encouraging manufacturing jobs, because they won't happen or they will go away.

And you again refused to answer the question.

WHAT PRO JOB POLICIES WOULD YOU SUPPORT?
You said:

You attacked the very idea of encouraging manufacturing jobs, because they won't happen or they will go away.

But the truth is, I attacked the idea of bringing jobs back that have already been automated. Normal people understand that once it's been automated, it's never coming back.

So what do I support? Something I have answered, what? A hundred, a thousand times?

Check out these jobs:

20 Best Paid On The Job Training jobs in Chicago, IL (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired

And not a one that can be automated.

And look, some of the companies are so desperate, they offer job training as part of the job.

In fact, you can go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Job Openings and Labor Turnover Summary

Believe it or not, they actually give statistics on what types are jobs are being offered. Check it out. They have no reason to lie.

Job training can come from apprenticeships, from Jr. College and other places besides college.

Only it costs money and the Republicans have slashed funding. Giving tax cuts to billionaires is expensive. That's why they need to cut payments for insurance for the middle class and job training. Needy billionaires are WAY, WAY more important. To Republicans that is.

Ignoring a potentially good job, because some day a robot will do it, does not solve anyone's problems.

DO you have an answer, or do you just bring this up, when a republican might get some credit for something and you want to minimize it?

Since I never said that, what is it? Some kind of conspiracy? Something imagined? Some pointless point?

The only pro job policies liberals support is more unemployment/welfare benefits and higher taxes.
That's hilarious.

If Republicans supported getting jobs for Americans, they would support education and job training for the record breaking 6.2 million unfilled jobs. Even you know that.

That's hilarious.

I agree. Liberal economic idiocy is hilarious!

If Republicans supported getting jobs for Americans, they would support education and job training for the record breaking 6.2 million unfilled jobs.

Liberal teachers unions aren't doing a good job getting students trained for the workforce?
Damn, that's a shocker!!!
Trump budget proposes 40% cut to job training programs

The Jobs Programs Trump's Budget Would Cut

You can lead a dumbfuk to information, but you can't make him read.

From your link.

87% of lost manufacturing jobs are already lost. "Perfected" is when they are all gone.

Researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Boston University surveyed robots' impact on the U.S. labor market between 1990 and 2007, thereby avoiding data abnormalities from the mass job losses seen during the Great Recession.

They found "large and robust negative effects of robots on employment and wages" across local economies impacted by automation.

---------

You said:

But the truth is, I attacked the idea of bringing jobs back that have already been automated. Normal people understand that once it's been automated, it's never coming back.

So what do I support? Something I have answered, what? A hundred, a thousand times?

Check out these jobs:

20 Best Paid On The Job Training jobs in Chicago, IL (Hiring Now!) | Simply Hired

And look, some of the companies are so desperate, they offer job training as part of the job.

Believe it or not, they actually give statistics on what types are jobs are being offered. Check it out. They have no reason to lie.

Job training can come from apprenticeships, from Jr. College and other places besides college.

Only it costs money and the Republicans have slashed funding. Giving tax cuts to billionaires is expensive. That's why they need to cut payments for insurance for the middle class and job training. Needy billionaires are WAY, WAY more important. To Republicans that is.

First listed job on your link was delivery driver.

Not all manufacturing jobs have been replaced by machines. That nonsense has already been refuted. Knock that shit off.

---------

You said:

Check out these jobs:

Not all manufacturing jobs have been replaced by machines. That nonsense has already been refuted. Knock that shit off.

Who said ALL manufacturing jobs have been replaced by machines?

Who said that liar.

Put up or shut up.

---------

You said:

Check out these jobs:

Hey, how come you don't comment about cutting funding for job training?

Do you believe teaching Republicans is a waste of time?

Forum List

Back